Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Time to Draft a back up OB.

  1. #11

    Re: Time to Draft a back up OB.

    A guy I would love to see the Steelers bring in is Chris Forcier from Furman. I got to see some Southern conference ball down here in Georgia, and this kid can flat out play. Yes, small FCS school, but he was highly recruited by big schools coming out of HS. Coaching changes forced him to transfer from UCLA and an injury really set his development back. But, he has all the tools to be a good QB in the NFL.

    6 foot 3, 4.5 40 speed, strong arm, accurate passer

    64.1% passes completed, 9.8 yards per pass, 2200+ yards with 23 TDs and 8 Ints.

    This kid has tremendous upside, very athletic just needs coached up and some PT.

  2. #12
    Benchwarmer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    St.Thomas Ontario
    Posts
    95

    Re: Time to Draft a back up OB.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Not sure we need "munchkin QBs" like Moore and Wilson behind our OL. They'd get killed.

    I agree that we need a developmental back up. Some interesting possibilities: Ryan Lindley (SD State), Kirk Cousins (Misch St), Case Keenum (Houston), Brock Osweiler (Az St)
    Funny but not true!! Kellen Moore is the only QB in the country not to lose to any AQ team in 4 seasons as the starter. He is not Ben Roethlisberger and he will get rid of the ball quickly. Surely you can't expect any OL to protect a QB hanging on to the ball as long as Ben does, do you? Plus Moore, is the most intelligent QB in the draft, a great team leader and an accurate passer. He would be the perfect backup to Ben IMO.

  3. #13

    Re: Time to Draft a back up OB.

    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Opened this thread specifically to find out what position an "OB" was.

    That said, didn't we just sign a QB?
    Sorry I need a proof reader. Thats why I don't post much. But at least it got you to look at my thread!

    Well yes we did sign a UDFA QB. But I think he lost some of his stuff with shoulder surgery. Might end up a WR or TE? If he wants to play in the NFL. He also did play a few snaps at WR in college.

    Also the Author of this article did screw up a few things. But it got you guys talking QB's in the draft. Which is what I was going for. Thanks guys.

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,873

    Re: Time to Draft a back up OB.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Not sure we need "munchkin QBs" like Moore and Wilson behind our OL. They'd get killed.

    I agree that we need a developmental back up. Some interesting possibilities: Ryan Lindley (SD State), Kirk Cousins (Misch St), Case Keenum (Houston), Brock Osweiler (Az St)
    Funny but not true!! Kellen Moore is the only QB in the country not to lose to any AQ team in 4 seasons as the starter. He is not Ben Roethlisberger and he will get rid of the ball quickly. Surely you can't expect any OL to protect a QB hanging on to the ball as long as Ben does, do you? Plus Moore, is the most intelligent QB in the draft, a great team leader and an accurate passer. He would be the perfect backup to Ben IMO.


    The kid can sling it...

  5. #15
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,747

    Re: Time to Draft a back up OB.

    Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Opened this thread specifically to find out what position an "OB" was.
    can never have enough good obstetricians...


  6. #16

    Re: Time to Draft a back up OB.

    HAHA that is funny because my wife is a OB nurse.

  7. #17
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,531

    Re: Time to Draft a back up OB.

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    HAHA that is funny because my wife is a OB nurse.
    Did she declare for the draft?

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  8. #18

    Re: Time to Draft a back up OB.

    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser
    HAHA that is funny because my wife is a OB nurse.
    Did she declare for the draft?
    No, but I hear she has a nice delivery.

  9. #19

    Re: Time to Draft a back up OB.

    You guys are killing me over here.

  10. #20
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,747

    Re: Time to Draft a back up OB.

    Ed: Steelers Searching For No. 3 QB

    FRIDAY, 20 JANUARY 2012 14:31 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE


    The Steelers have signed 2006 Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith to a futures contract, the second quarterback who has signed a futures dealwith them for 2012. Jerrod Johnson of Texas A&M was announced earlier this week.

    All it means is that the Steelers are looking for a No. 3 quarterback. They expect to re-sign Byron Leftwich to back up Ben Roethlisberger. Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch are both unrestricted free agents. Dixon is not expected back.

    http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/inde ... or-no-3-qb

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •