Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat 1.16.12: Ziggy at NT?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat 1.16.12: Ziggy at NT?

Yeah Bouchette is amazing. I loved this gym of wisdom...

Guest: Hi Ed, do you think Mendenhall will be 100% next year?

Ed Bouchette: If the ACL heals as most do, he should be ready by August.

Really??
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat 1.16.12: Ziggy at NT?

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler
    if hampton is due 8 million next year i say cut him. he is no where close to that valuable in my opinion
    I've always been a Hampton fan but I totally agree with this. You can't pay a player 8/million when he rarely even plays on 3rd down. Compound that with a player that has definitely declined in production and you have a prime cut candidate. No Hampton, no "primte cut" as in a good steak. "Prime cut" as in you can kiss your 8/million next year goodbye
    Where it gets tricky is that $8 million is the cap hit, but a significant portion of that (approximately $3 million, I think) is a prorated portion of his signing bonus. So whether he steps on the field or not, his cap hit will be at least $3 million. He would likely have to agree to an extension or reduction to return, and there are also the health issues.

One of many complicated situations the Steelers will have to address.
    Thanks for this info. I think Casey will be back and he will make millions. Casey knows that he can't make 8 million anywhere in the league at this piont in his career so does he go somewhere else and get paid less or does he stay with his team and make less. He stays with the team because there is absolutely no reason to cut him. If we believe that he comes back from the injury, cutting him would hurt the team. Mcclendon is good but we draft a NT who splits time with Casey. I think McClendon can play both NT and DE moreso than Ziggy.