Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Unrestricted Free Agents Steelers may be interested in

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Some Unrestricted Free Agents Steelers may be interested

if Soliai can be had for a lower cap hit than hampton I think he is the one big name guy i want. Cut hampton sign Soliai
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Backup

User Info Menu

If those guys can hang with the big boys and give redman/batch a chance to get a minimum of 2-4 yds, on the cheap then Im all in. It has often been said that the game is won and lost on the line of scrimmage. overused but so true. We are good enough in the skill positions on offense, we have to be a threat on the line.

For us I think, we should go trench beast early (1 to 3) and skill guys later (4 to 7). But somehow we might have to find a way to land a solid free agent for this oline. We are just a player or 2 away but we need one of those guys to be ready now. Pouncey started his rookie year and Gilbert did a good job his rookie year.

Bottom line we've got to turn the tide on the ravens in the trenches. Right now they are pushing us around much too much.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Might be out of reach with $, but I'd like to see us try and sign Ben Grubbs. Immediate fixture at LG. Then Legs can compete with Foster at RG.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I read some were that there a 2 big contracts were the steelers can save 8+ million towards the cap if bonus or money is guaranteed. So that will add to all the old players redoing there contracts if they still want to stay a steeler. Also any players retiring.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    There's no way I want Cortland Finnegan. Isn't he the one who punched Andre Johnson last year during game? if he's the one I'm thinking of, he's a thug and dirty player. The refs already hate us, don't need another reason to throw flags when the D is on the field.
    Yes, thats him. Top notch CB, but I agree. I also think that at least one of Lewis, Brown, or Allen steps up and claims the spot opposite Ike next year. I also believe in Ike wholeheartedly. There is a site (can't think of the name right now) that takes stats for every play in every NFL game. They put out the stat for CBs and Ike was second to Revis in completion percentage and was right up there in many other categories as well. I know that there are some times when open receivers were missed this year but that happens for every CB - sometimes QBs miss. Considering the lack of pass rush this season Ike had to really step up his game every week, and for the most part he did.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Personally I would like them to take a look at Dan Connor. Him and Farrior have some similarities in their game and have had similar career trajectory.

Farrior had 160 Solo tackles, 42 assist in his first four years. He broke out in year five, which of course he used for Free Agency to land with the Steelers.

Connor has 113 Solo tackles 43 assist in his first four years. He lost one of those years to injury. I think he would be a good fit at Farrior's spot in our 3-4.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

The best free agent linebacker you've never heard of ILB David Hawthorne from Seattle (Height: 6'0" Weight: 246 Age: 26). He was an UDFA out of TCU in 2008, but has been a starter for the last 3 years up in the Pacific Northwest (he's the guy who filled in whenever Lofa Tatupu got hurt, and the reason why they ultimately sent Lofa packing). He's racked up triple digit tackles in each of his 3 seasons as a starter, plus he added 6 sacks, 15 passes defensed, 7 interceptions, and 5 forced fumbles in those 3 seasons.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    The best free agent linebacker you've never heard of ILB David Hawthorne from Seattle (Height: 6'0" Weight: 246 Age: 26). He was an UDFA out of TCU in 2008, but has been a starter for the last 3 years up in the Pacific Northwest (he's the guy who filled in whenever Lofa Tatupu got hurt, and the reason why they ultimately sent Lofa packing). He's racked up triple digit tackles in each of his 3 seasons as a starter, plus he added 6 sacks, 15 passes defensed, 7 interceptions, and 5 forced fumbles in those 3 seasons.
    I like him quite a bit, but will the Steelers see him in Farrior's position when he has never played in a 3-4 before?
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I like him quite a bit, but will the Steelers see him in Farrior's position when he has never played in a 3-4 before?
    Farrior never played in a 3-4 before when we brought him over from the Jets.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.