Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Is Least Repulsive?

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Which Is Least Repulsive?

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Are any of you Giants fans bothered by the Eli draft situation? I've despised him since he refused to play for SD.

Kid's got some ego. He and the Manning family act like they're bigger than football pulling that. Just doesn't sit well with me.
    I hear you. But remember Eli and the Giants did end the Pats dream season in 07'. We were all Giants fans on that day. I stopped hating on Eli and the Giants after that game.

Starter

User Info Menu

You guys aren't looking at this correctly.

What I want to see is Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs going after Rodgers, Brees and Manning in the Pro Bowl.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drprwnap
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP
    I rooting for the Giants now. I have no problem with Eli. Maybe in a different year I wouldnt be. But this year, whats the alternative.

I have already decided, if its Harbaugh vs Harbaugh in the Super Bowl Im not watching. And I mean none of it. I will block NFL Network from my TV next Sunday night if it happens. I hate them both. I will not put myself through watching the garbage stories that will be shown for 2 weeks. I chose not to participate.
    +1. I will not watch a Hairball Super Bowl - NONE OF IT!
    +2 It would be the first SB since I can remember that I haven't watched.

I also would love it if Eli got 2 SB rings while Peypey only has one. Living in IN, the 'greatness of Peyton' has been nauseating over the years. Great regular season QB, but sux in the playoffs. I don't like how Eli handled the whole draft thing, but other than that I don't have an issue with him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast
    You guys aren't looking at this correctly.

What I want to see is Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs going after Rodgers, Brees and Manning in the Pro Bowl.

Be careful what you ask for you just might get it; the San Fran defense can get after it pretty good.

Good luck the rest of the way. It's a great place to be to have your team still playing football in the middle of January.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Be careful what you ask for you just might get it; the San Fran defense can get after it pretty good.

Good luck the rest of the way. It's a great place to be to have your team still playing football in the middle of January.

Pappy
    Thanks for the good wishes - It's been a while since my team has played in the AFC championship game.

This version of the Patriots has some obvious flaws; fortunately, all of the other teams left also are flawed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy
    Thanks for the good wishes - It's been a while since my team has played in the AFC championship game.

This version of the Patriots has some obvious flaws; fortunately, all of the other teams left also are flawed.
    That is a fact and in the new NFL not unusual for each team remaining to have a flaw or flaws. TB is going to have to be almost flawless for you guys to win, IMO. The Ravens do three things that win one and done tournament games: ball security, run the ball and play solid defense. The Patriots have ball security, but don't run it very well and the defense has struggled this year. The Patriots are at home and that helps, but I still believe TB will need a quarterback rating over 120 for the Patriots to win.

Regardless, good luck on Sunday, I don't have a dog in the fight or an axe to grind with either team.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

1. Tom Brady winning #4

2. 49ers winning #6

3. Joe Flacco and the rag tag gang of douchers winning the SB

4. Eli winning #2

Every scenario completely and utterly sucks. The only one with a silver lining might be #2. If SF wins #6, the NFL Gods would be interested in seeing a showdown between SF and Pittsburgh for #7.

#4 might be stomachable. Then there'd be a future showdown for supremacy in Ben/Eli's draft class. And it would be nice to see Eli have more rings than his brother. And it might make Pittsburgh remember we need a pass rush to win a SuperBowl. And by that I mean a push with 3-4 guys.

#1 and #3 would make me puke. I don't want to live the rest of my life hearing Tom Brady is the greatest of all time. And re: Joe Flacco, nothing would make me happier than to see Baltimore's D play a great SuperBowl yet lose because Flacco turns the ball over 6 times.

And SF Harbaugh beating Baltimore Harbaugh might feel nice.

Again all these scenarios utterly suck. Is there anything redeeming in any scenario?

Another good thread flip.

As I have been saying since the night of the great Collapse, the NYG are our best hope for hving a manageable off season. Not only is #4 the best choice but there is nothing at all repulsive about the gmen winning. Nothing sucks about it . They play real football. They are not a front runners favorite. Eli is nobodys hero boy. The refs give them no love. No douchbags with wrestling belts on the podium. And they saved football as we know it by beating the cheats in the superbowl. Could you imagine living in a world where belisnake and robert GRAFT could say that they had the perfect team. All the while goodall is in ecstacy. The Gmen stopped this from happening. I want a rematch between Ravens and Giants. This is the best scenario. It eliminates Brady from having a chance. I fear that if Brady goes to the superbowl he might be 1 or 10 "judge calls" away from winning it all and that would be devastating. The ravens are the lesser of 2 evils in my opinion. And the Giants winning would eliminate the possibility of 1 of the harkscum brothers. They are real jerks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like Coughlin and the Giants. I think that the team is talented and Eli doesn't have his head up his ass.

Legend

User Info Menu

Are any of you Giants fans bothered by the Eli draft situation? I've despised him since he refused to play for SD.

Kid's got some ego. He and the Manning family act like they're bigger than football pulling that. Just doesn't sit well with me.
    I'm profoundly thankful that Eli was a whiny little bee-yotch on draft day in 2004.

If Eli didn't pout himself out of San Diego, the Giants would have taken Roethlisberger at #4 (they preferred Ben to Phil), and we'd still be stuck with on 4 Super Bowl titles with Phil "Three" Rivers at the helm (Rivers would likely have lots of pretty passing stats without winning anything here, just like in San Diego).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not just least objectionable, I'll rank them.....

1) Giants - the upset of Eli tying Ben from the '04 class is more than offset by the following: Eli surpassing Peyton and both Ben and Eli being two up on Rivers.

2) '9ers - and this is a very distant #2. SF tying us at 6 trophies is not as bad as watching that dbag Harbaugh hoist it in his first year. Especially on a team that has far surpassed expectations.

3) Pats - Also a great distance between 2 and 3. As much as I hate the coach and the whole cheating thing, I can appreciate what Brady brings. He has been a great QB for many years and is nowhere near as objectionable as Lewis, the whole Ravens organization, and their fans.

4) Moving to China and never hearing the word football again.

5) Ravens