Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crazy Thought: Trade Rashard Mendenhall?

Re: Crazy Thought: Trade Rashard Mendenhall?

[quote=Mister Pittsburgh][quote="Dee Dub":27lh1xw0]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":27lh1xw0
    ........Defense doesn't matter anymore so trade him for whatever you can get offensive line wise or pick wise.
    Are you kidding me? You've bought into what the media wants you to believe?

Come back and tell me how you feel after the Giants win this years Super Bowl with defense.[/quote:27lh1xw0]

Joke dude. Defense is obviously still important.[/quote:27lh1xw0]

Ok sorry. My bad. I knew you were much smarter than that.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Trade Harrison to Arizona. Defense doesn't matter anymore so trade him for whatever you can get offensive line wise or pick wise.
    Won't work, Arizona already has Greg Lloyd and Alonzo Jackson at OLB, they aren't looking.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Trade Harrison to Arizona. Defense doesn't matter anymore so trade him for whatever you can get offensive line wise or pick wise.
    Plus he is probably one hit away from a 4 game suspension. I would consider trading Harrison. That type of move is what the Patriots do to stock up on picks, e.g. Richard Seymour. The reality is now would be the time to trade Harrison before injuries start to have a greater effect on his game and Arizona would be perfect in the draft pick we would get back. Pretty high so we could fix the OL.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george
    As absurd as this article is, what would be the value if we rolled the dice and traded Redman. For one he will be more attractive to teams since he will cheaper in salary this year, has less wear and tear than Mendy, but like Mendy he is next year he will be a FA.

Would you trade him for a mid 2nd rounder or use him as a combo to trade up to get Decastro?

If he is traded, Mendy, Moore(?), Dwyer, Batch, Clay, and maybe a F/A or a Rookie.
    Now this is an interesting thought. There is no way a team will offer a second rounder for a RB with a torn ACL. The healing is much too unpredictable. But, I think he has a good shot at being ready by early to mid season...if it goes well sooner. And now Mendenhall just became signable...at a reasonable salary.

So, why not trade Redman? I believe we could get a second for Redman.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Gonna be hard to trade a back that has a torn ACL and is coming into his last year of a rookie contract. He already has missed 1 season and probably wont be ready for next season until some time after the start of it. I'd love to do it but its not happening.
    Agreed! He doesnt have much value right now. Had he not gotten hurt sure maybe but a torn ACL is pretty big for a RB.

Now...I do think there is some trade value in another position of surplus for the Steelers. I think a team like Arizona who is desperately looking for a complement to Larry Fitzgerald could be interested in Emmanuel Sanders. And beside, they love Steeler players.
    What about trading Wallace? Might get a pretty high pick for him...although he's entering his contract year, he's not injured...

Or, rather than trading Wallace, maybe tag him and make him an offer that someone else is almost certain to beat--and get the high draft pick that way?
    That's not how restricted free agency works (we don't make him an offer that someone else is almost certain to beat). We give him a restricted free agent tender (last year's numbers were around $3.5M for 1st and 3rd compensation, $2.7M for 1st round compensation, $1.9M for 2nd round compensation, and $1.2M for compensation being in the round the player was originally drafted, which in Wallace's case would be round 3). Then other teams can make him offers. If he signs one of these offer sheets, we have a week to match it and keep him at those terms, or decline to match it, then we get that team draft pick(s) depending on the level of our initial RFA tender. I believe the period for signing RFA's to offer sheets begins in March and ends a week before the draft in April.