Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Thought: Trade Rashard Mendenhall?

Re: Crazy Thought: Trade Rashard Mendenhall?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Gonna be hard to trade a back that has a torn ACL and is coming into his last year of a rookie contract. He already has missed 1 season and probably wont be ready for next season until some time after the start of it. I'd love to do it but its not happening.
    Agreed! He doesnt have much value right now. Had he not gotten hurt sure maybe but a torn ACL is pretty big for a RB.

Now...I do think there is some trade value in another position of surplus for the Steelers. I think a team like Arizona who is desperately looking for a complement to Larry Fitzgerald could be interested in Emmanuel Sanders. And beside, they love Steeler players.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Gonna be hard to trade a back that has a torn ACL and is coming into his last year of a rookie contract. He already has missed 1 season and probably wont be ready for next season until some time after the start of it. I'd love to do it but its not happening.
    Agreed! He doesnt have much value right now. Had he not gotten hurt sure maybe but a torn ACL is pretty big for a RB.

Now...I do think there is some trade value in another position of surplus for the Steelers. I think a team like Arizona who is desperately looking for a complement to Larry Fitzgerald could be interested in Emmanuel Sanders. And beside, they love Steeler players.
    What about trading Wallace? Might get a pretty high pick for him...although he's entering his contract year, he's not injured...

Or, rather than trading Wallace, maybe tag him and make him an offer that someone else is almost certain to beat--and get the high draft pick that way?

Legend

I'd shop Wallace if I was looking to trade someone.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser

What about trading Wallace? Might get a pretty high pick for him...although he's entering his contract year, he's not injured...
    I'm not interested in trading the most productive receiver the Steelers have. Look at what Wallace has done in just three years. Some Steeler fans think all he does is run fly patterns but you dont do that on 132 receptions over the past 2 years. Mike Wallace finds the end zone. That I dont want to trade away. He has a unique skill set that not many in the NFL has.

Add a Alshon Jeffrey (big physical receiver who can beat a press), to Wallace and Brown and you have three different types of receiver who all compliment each other and give Ben the most versatile set of receivers he has ever had.

Two players who are in the excess at this point to me are Emmanuel Sanders and Jason Worilds. I think they could bring back something in return.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    No way! You are not guaranteed that what you get in return is going to be at least equal to that of what Wallace does. Mike Wallace has gotten better each of his three years. And he scores more TD's than anyone on the team. And because defenses now have to try and take away the deep ball because of him, Wallace has opened up the underneath for everyone else. Why would you want to get rid of that?
    Steelers 2014 Draft

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

Trade Harrison to Arizona. Defense doesn't matter anymore so trade him for whatever you can get offensive line wise or pick wise.
    @_Hellgrammite

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Trade Harrison to Arizona. Defense doesn't matter anymore so trade him for whatever you can get offensive line wise or pick wise.
    If you're trading with Arizona, you could probably also unload Potsie, Foote, Aaron Smith, Chris Hoke, and Hines...in return, get a couple decent OL players, and half their draft picks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    ........Defense doesn't matter anymore so trade him for whatever you can get offensive line wise or pick wise.
    Are you kidding me? You've bought into what the media wants you to believe?

Come back and tell me how you feel after the Giants win this years Super Bowl with defense.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    No way! You are not guaranteed that what you get in return is going to be at least equal to that of what Wallace does. Mike Wallace has gotten better each of his three years. And he scores more TD's than anyone on the team. And because defenses now have to try and take away the deep ball because of him, Wallace has opened up the underneath for everyone else. Why would you want to get rid of that?
    I'd like to keep Wallace. Just throwing out there in the context of if we're gonna trade someone...

If just figured Wallace has about the highest worth of just about anyone on the roster given his youth and upswing in his game.

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":13zfzs2y
    ........Defense doesn't matter anymore so trade him for whatever you can get offensive line wise or pick wise.
    Are you kidding me? You've bought into what the media wants you to believe?

Come back and tell me how you feel after the Giants win this years Super Bowl with defense.[/quote:13zfzs2y]

Joke dude. Defense is obviously still important.
    @_Hellgrammite