Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Watching, LeBeau?

Legend

User Info Menu

Are You Watching, LeBeau?

If the *'s, with their bottom-ranked D, can do this to the Donks, why couldn't you have done it with your "#1 ranked" defense?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Are You Watching, LeBeau?

I still can't believe Steelers Defense got torched for 300 yards by Tebow.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Announcer just said: "If you just play him straight up" implying that we tried to get fancy in defending Tebow.

The Pats are able to get pressure with their front 3 or 4... something we couldn't do.

I still don't understand how the Pats, NO and GB pass defenses are so bad. The stats have to be skewed or maybe we are missing something. Does the quick scoring by the offense force opponents to pass more often have something to do with it? In 2009 the offense was getting blamed for scoring too fast...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Announcer just said: "If you just play him straight up" implying that we tried to get fancy in defending Tebow.

The Pats are able to get pressure with their front 3 or 4... something we couldn't do.

I still don't understand how the Pats, NO and GB pass defenses are so bad. The stats have to be skewed or maybe we are missing something. Does the quick scoring by the offense force opponents to pass more often have something to do with it? In 2009 the offense was getting blamed for scoring too fast...
    they score a ****ton of points forcing teams to abandon the run and just throwing the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why would it matter if LeBeau was watching? He is too stubborn and arrogant to change anything. When was the last real innovation or changes we saw on our defense.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Why would it matter if LeBeau was watching? He is too stubborn and arrogant to change anything. When was the last real innovation or changes we saw on our defense.
    Ummm...I dunno...he's called zone coverages with large cushions for years and years, and this season, we saw a bunch of press man coverage instead??? Does that count as a change???
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Ummm...I dunno...he's called zone coverages with large cushions for years and years, and this season, we saw a bunch of press man coverage instead??? Does that count as a change???
    Exactly...

Our traditional defensive scheme, the scheme that we've played for 15-20 years now, is the basic blueprint to beating that team. Allow nothing deep, and look to confuse young and untalented (throwing-wise) QBs. It's why LeBeau is undefeated vs. rookie QBs, etc. So it is absolutely dumbfounding that we went to the scheme we went to. At worst, all we had to do is let them run on us between the 20's, and stop their drive inside the 20s where everything is compacted.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Dude, we don't need knowledgeable commentary like this. Just spew out generalities.

Truth is that DLs biggest mistake was that he overcompensated for Tebows running and our D looked like something entirely different.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

Dude,...are failing against Denver defensively was a product of not having Hampton, Keisel, Aaron, Woodley on the field with Potsie playing lights out as if he were still in his twenties.

And when you add the same old B.S cornerback play along with a guy like Mundy playing F/S to that equation,....we were finished before the Game even began.

Many try to bash Coach Lebeau,....but from where i stand our problems defensively are a matter of personnel, personnel, personnel,....the lack thereof.
    1) Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

2) Miles Burris, LB San Diego State

3) Jordan White, WR, WMU

4) Mychal Kendricks, LB, Cal

5) Blake Gideon, F/S, Texas

6) Matt Conrath, DE, VA

7) Adam Nissley, TE, UCF

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Dude,...are failing against Denver defensively was a product of not having Hampton, Keisel, Aaron, Woodley on the field with Potsie playing lights out as if he were still in his twenties.

And when you add the same old B.S cornerback play along with a guy like Mundy playing F/S to that equation,....we were finished before the Game even began.

Many try to bash Coach Lebeau,....but from where i stand our problems defensively are a matter of personnel, personnel, personnel,....the lack thereof.
    So Dresden,
    What would have been the more optimal gameplan/adjustment, given the circumstance as you correctly outline? (I'm not trying to be leading here, I'm just asking the question.)

Would it be to put eight in the box, and lock up your "shutdown corner" onto a talented yet unproven WR, and hope he shuts him down? Or was the better gameplan, to accept that the Broncos would be able to move the ball running on you (with all the injuries), and trust that your defense would stiffen up &/or sufficiently confuse the inexperienced Tebow, where the room to operate shrinks (in the redzone).

In hindsight, it was a legitimate gamplan to do the former, trusting that Ike could handle that kid. But when it became apparent that he couldn't... shouldn't the plan have been adjusted? Because despite all the talk, all the blame, etc... If Ike Taylor does his job, Steelers win.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.