Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The fix is in.. Here is your SB participants.

Re: The fix is in.. Here is your SB participants.

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by pick6
    If it's rigged why watch? Better to give up the sport if it's fixed.

The refs are trying but there is only so much they can here comes a fake holding as we speak first play of drive on #76 Snead. Totally fake, pack doing much worse. Im watching to see the gmen overcome the pack, the road, and the refs. 3 and out all because of fake call.
    Why do people watch the games if they believed they are fixed? Don't people have better things to do with their time? I'd give up on sports if I believed the games are fixed. I have better things to do with my time.

Bad & questionable calls happen all season long. Judgement calls are judgement calls by refs. Refs are human. They are not going to get every call correct.

Do you believe Seahawks fans were correct when they said the refs gave the Steelers SBXL?
    So you don't think refs are bought sometimes... Lol i guess that fuss about the ref that happened in the NBA years ago was a dream, and a isolated case... OK.

Also , let me clarify .
    Do i think most games are bought ? NO
    Do i think the NFL prefer certain teams to play in the SB ? YES
    Do i think the Mob and Bookies are involved sometimes ? Yes
    When money is involved whether it's profit or through bets you better believe there are sometimes shady dealings.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    Your SB teams will be exactly what the NFL wants...
    Pack vs NE
    Another conspiracy theorist and theory bites the dust.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Pro Bowler

The refs are trying but there is only so much they can here comes a fake holding as we speak first play of drive on #76 Snead. Totally fake, pack doing much worse. Im watching to see the gmen overcome the pack, the road, and the refs. 3 and out all because of fake call.
    Why do people watch the games if they believed they are fixed? Don't people have better things to do with their time? I'd give up on sports if I believed the games are fixed. I have better things to do with my time.

Bad & questionable calls happen all season long. Judgement calls are judgement calls by refs. Refs are human. They are not going to get every call correct.

Do you believe Seahawks fans were correct when they said the refs gave the Steelers SBXL?
    So you don't think refs are bought sometimes... Lol i guess that fuss about the ref that happened in the NBA years ago was a dream, and a isolated case... OK.
    I can imagine that one ref can get out of line. Sometimes suggest there is a huge problem. I don't believe there is a huge problem. Citing one example out of thousands isn't convincing. I believe it's very difficult to get out of line because of the scrutiny refs are under. I am pretty sure they get background checks before they can become refs. I believe refs are investigated by the league and possibly the government at intervals.

To suggest that there is a grand conspiracy to fix games is ridiculous. Something on that scale will ruin the NFL.

IMO this issue goes back to fans perspective and what they don't want to see happen. Fans don't want to see the Pats in the SB. So obviously the game is fixed to put the Pats in the SB.

I am not a naive person by any stretch. I'm just glad I don't watch sports believing games are fixed. I realize refs are human and will always make mistakes.

Why do you watch a sport that is fixed sometimes? I gave up WWF a long time ago.

Good points. I don't think the games are flat out fixed but you can't help but notice how some teams get most of the borderline calls, the vast majority of the time. Some qbs can not be touched and some qbs you can literally break their nose and there will be no call. As for the Seahawks of course I'm biased but the only questionable call for me was the Ben running TD. But it was called TD on the field. Hard to overturn. The off. PI in the endzone was a great call. The colts (w/manning), cheats, pack, and saints get some crazy calls it seems. And its always like this even in the regular season.

You can't mess up that fumble by Jennings. First the liar Levy overturned the original fumble call on the field. This is blatant. Why overturn the call when you know it will be reviewed anyway? Well the low life did this because he knew that whatever call on the field could be more easily upheld because it was kind of close. Very sneaky.

To me the refs wanted the Packers to win. I'm seeing the Packs offensive linemen putting hands to the face, holding, receivers pushing off but yet, not one flag thrown.

My hat off to the Giants and Eli Manning. I hope they win it all.

Legend

I can imagine that one ref can get out of line. Sometimes suggest there is a huge problem. I don't believe there is a huge problem. Citing one example out of thousands isn't convincing. I believe it's very difficult to get out of line because of the scrutiny refs are under. I am pretty sure they get background checks before they can become refs. I believe refs are investigated by the league and possibly the government at intervals.

To suggest that there is a grand conspiracy to fix games is ridiculous. Something on that scale will ruin the NFL.

IMO this issue goes back to fans perspective and what they don't want to see happen. Fans don't want to see the Pats in the SB. So obviously the game is fixed to put the Pats in the SB.

I am not a naive person by any stretch. I'm just glad I don't watch sports believing games are fixed. I realize refs are human and will always make mistakes.

Why do you watch a sport that is fixed sometimes? I gave up WWF a long time ago.
    I disagree with this... I don't think fans believe refs put grease on the footballs or trip players but some of the calls are so bad you have to question the integrity of the game.

You really have to question how a ref changes the call on the field, has replay to help him out and still makes the incorrect call.

When Mike Peara disagrees with the call on the field you know something is wrong with the ref who made the call.

I don't think people go in with the thinking that the game will be fixed... we watch hoping the refs won't get in the way and when they do and the call is that bad what are we to think?

How can a ref blow a replay call of an obvious fumble?

I'm still scratching my head over the Sand Diego TD that Troy had wiped off on the last play in that 11-10 game in 2008.

I'll also say this about the Seahags SB. If the table's were turned and we were the recipient of those calls and we lost 99% of Steeler fans would still be complaining about the refs.

Most fans still think O'Donnell was paid off...

Narcissistic injury is the term used for any threat to a narcissist's outsized ego or self-esteem.

Maybe her and the Giant fan can hook up ?

Do i think the Mob and Bookies are involved sometimes ? Yes
    When money is involved whether it's profit or through bets you better believe there are sometimes shady dealings.
    My guess is most of the money came down on the gmen plus the points. While I don't think the games are c ompletely rigged I am of the opinion that the bookies must NEVER lose. The line can be pushed to one end or the other and that is where the shade creeps in. I suspect the refs are not there to swing the game in anyones favor except the bookmakers. Not rigged per saybut "influenced"...