Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Watching, LeBeau?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Are You Watching, LeBeau?

Dynamic 4-3 schemes (SF and NYG) have greater efficacy against high powered offenses aided by newly formatted NFL pass happy rule changes

Psst!

The 49ers play a 3-4!!

The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

No offense guys, but for such a respected DC like LeBeau, you don't think he ever blows calls?

ever calls a sub-par game?

He blew the last call by playing Cover-0. Ok, agreed. Maybe it's more that he had faith that his best CB would not get beaten again? Maybe he looked Ike in the eye & believed Ike was up to man cover?

Maybe he just messed it up?

He wouldn't be the lone ranger if he had.

As has been pointed out, the whole squad for Pittsburgh was carrying injuries- an abnormal amount this season. eventually, no matter how well prepared you are, you can't expect your 3rd stringers to outplay other teams first stringers.

And lastly, the Steelers played with just 3 DL for a large chunk of the game. With no rotation, fatigue will set in. Performance will slip. The 3 young guys that filled their roles- Heyward, McLendon & Hood are to be commended for playing 'above the line'.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub][quote=Dresden][quote="Dee Dub":375qw3s4][quote=Shoe]Exactly...

Our traditional defensive scheme, the scheme that we've played for 15-20 years now, is the basic blueprint to beating that team. Allow nothing deep, and look to confuse young and untalented (throwing-wise) QBs. It's why LeBeau is undefeated vs. rookie QBs, etc. So it is absolutely dumbfounding that we went to the scheme we went to. At worst, all we had to do is let them run on us between the 20's, and stop their drive inside the 20s where everything is compacted.[/quote]

Yep!! Agreed. LeBeau chose to do the exact opposite versus the Broncos. He actually was conceding the deep pass pretty much the whole game. And at the most critical time (OT), he chose to go cover 0 and had no one deep. And he got burned and put an end to the Steelers season.

One can defend LeBeau all they want. Pull out his legend card all they want. Bask in his past greatest all they want. But this has to go down as one of the worst defensive game plans ever.[/quote]

Dub,...did you not see (along with millions of others) Mundy blow his assignment due to poor technique and lack of skill/discipline ?[/quote]

Wrong! Look at the tape. Pre-snap Mundy is racing forward. He ends up inside the box 5 yards off the LOS. This has nothing to do with technique. This is a cover 0 formation. Both Troy and Mundy are inside the box. This is an all out run blitz. This was a horrible call. Only one man makes defensive calls for the Steelers and he blew it on this one.

Look for yourself....

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FUQkE9S0gU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FUQkE9S0gU[/url][/quote:375qw3s4]

Dub,..i do not know you Sir/Ma'am,...but i have played football.(as i am sure many others here have)

Mundy was not supposed to "bite" the way that he did on that play. It's very difficult to recover if you do so,...that's why technique and or discipline is so stressed by the flabby yet passionate guys wearing windbreakers and sweats whom yell, spit and play mind games with you,.. yet they do not suit up on Friday's, Saturdays and Sundays.
    1) Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

2) Miles Burris, LB San Diego State

3) Jordan White, WR, WMU

4) Mychal Kendricks, LB, Cal

5) Blake Gideon, F/S, Texas

6) Matt Conrath, DE, VA

7) Adam Nissley, TE, UCF

Legend

User Info Menu

Mundy was caught coming forward at the snap and never recovered. Even if Tebow missed on the throw it was a bad call by LeBeau.

We sold out on the run and it was a pass... bad call by Lebeau.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Mundy was caught coming forward at the snap and never recovered. Even if Tebow missed on the throw it was a bad call by LeBeau.

We sold out on the run and it was a pass... bad call by Lebeau.

Careful Felt. You'll be accused of drinking my bitter brew of koolaid for seeing what really happened and daring to place blame or at the very least get a "legend" card thrown in your face.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I said it before and I'm saying it again, " Lebeau put a game plan in as if he was going up against Walter Peyton and or if Tebow had no arms. " The proof was there that the pass needed defended with the success the Broncos had against the Steelers but no, Lebeau gave no respect to the pass, what so ever. "

Had Lebeau played our week to week defense we would have won that game. The cheats proved just how horrible the Broncos really are but no, our Steelers need to out think and play down to every opponent.

Lebeau out smarted himself this time while, Tomlin and Arians have no smarts to start with.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    I said it before and I'm saying it again, " Lebeau put a game plan in as if he was going up against Walter Peyton and or if Tebow had no arms. " The proof was there that the pass needed defended with the success the Broncos had against the Steelers but no, Lebeau gave no respect to the pass, what so ever. "

Had Lebeau played our week to week defense we would have won that game. The cheats proved just how horrible the Broncos really are but no, our Steelers need to out think and play down to every opponent.

Lebeau out smarted himself this time while, Tomlin and Arians have no smarts to start with.
    The issue is not the gameplan, the issue is stubbornly refusing to adjust the plan after the second or third long pass completion. The apparent inability, or unwillingness, to make in game adjustments is a problem both our coordinators have which is why we need new ones.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Please...

Tebow and his WRs (specifically Thomas) played the game of their lives against the Steelers...

Then, they had a letdown the following week against the Patriots...

Did LeBeau call a good game? In hindsight, no...

Did Tim Tebow play a typical game by his standards again the Steelers? No.

Did he play his typical game against the Patriots?

Yes....
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Please...

Tebow and his WRs (specifically Thomas) played the game of their lives against the Steelers...

Yes....
    You can't pin this loss all on "execution." Did Ike have a putrid game? Yes. But had LeBeau made the in-game adjustments that almost any other DC in the league would have made, we would have won that game (IMO)...even if Tebow and his WRs "played the game of their lives."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Please...

Yes....
    You can't pin this loss all on "execution." Did Ike have a putrid game? Yes. But had LeBeau made the in-game adjustments that almost any other DC in the league would have made, we would have won that game (IMO)...even if Tebow and his WRs "played the game of their lives."