Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We Need a Dynamic TE

Re: We Need a Dynamic TE

I do nont think the Steelers "need" a dynamic TE. It would be a luxury to have one, however, I hardly think they "need" one. There are other things on this team that they "need" more than a dynamic TE. And behinds I think the one they have is pretty solid.

Add a physical big wide receiver who can beat a press and add a corner fade in the red zone and you will see a much more productive offense for the Steelers.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

The Steelers got their dynamic TE last season- Wes Saunders!
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Hall of Famer

with one, the running game will open nup as well with the threat of using heath and wes/draft pick in the passing game.

the defenses dont even cover johnson. i wouldnt either. where's he gonna go after the catch. 10 YAC at most. thats if he doesnt drop the pass in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    If Heath could get up field like these other TE's Ben would target him more often. Heath is pretty slow.

Pats* just lined up a TE at RB.
    Agreed Heath is a bit overrated by Steeler fans. Yes, he is a solid all around TE. But, if we are talking about just being used as an offensive weapon...he doesn't create match up problems for a D. I would imagine he runs a 4.8 40 on a good day...a really good day. He doesn't break many tackles after the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

Agreed Heath is a bit overrated by Steeler fans. Yes, he is a solid all around TE. But, if we are talking about just being used as an offensive weapon...he doesn't create match up problems for a D. I would imagine he runs a 4.8 40 on a good day...a really good day. He doesn't break many tackles after the catch.
    He's not nimble and I don't think he tries to juke anyone, but Heath is pretty consistent in regards to running defenders over and/or getting YAC with some of them draped all over him when he's got a head of steam.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>