Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We Need a Dynamic TE

Legend

Re: We Need a Dynamic TE

My biggest disappointment with Arians has always been we underutilize the TE and never used thenm more like he promised going in. TEs are great weapons because they create mismatches on LB and Safeties.

I agree we need a stretch the field type TE. While not a TE, Ashlon Jeffrey could do that.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

If used correctly, Heath Miller and Wesyle Saunders could be weapons. David Johnson...not so much.

Starter

if you wanted to use a 2nd or 3rd rounder there is Orson Charles out of Georgia.

Hall of Famer

We need a dynamic TE? Heath is a legitimate weapon. Obviously, he isn't the athlete those others are, but we don't "need" a TE... we have one. A good one. And we have all the weapons anyone could ever ask for.

We don't "need" skill positions. We're set as much as anyone else in the league could be. We "need" O-line. We "need" defensive playmakers. We don't "need" another receiver.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

Legend

Heath is getting old guys... Fans always complain about getting younger but as soon as we bring up a position with a fan favorite everyone lies to themselves about how great the guy is....

Heath isn't getting any younger, faster or jumping any higher... it's time to get another dynamic TE who can get up field where Ben likes to throw the ball.

It's not up to BA to create plays for Miller either... all Ben has to do is target him more often instead of throwing into double and triple coverage to Wallace.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Heath is getting old guys... Fans always complain about getting younger but as soon as we bring up a position with a fan favorite everyone lies to themselves about how great the guy is....

Heath isn't getting any younger, faster or jumping any higher... it's time to get another dynamic TE who can get up field where Ben likes to throw the ball.

It's not up to BA to create plays for Miller either... all Ben has to do is target him more often instead of throwing into double and triple coverage to Wallace.
    He's not my favorite felt. I definitely like him, but I'm not a blind nuthugger on him like others you are talking about. But to say that we "need" a better TE option than Heath Miller is silly. Heath, despite "getting up there" as you say, is still one of the better TEs in football. We definitely have pressing needs, but TE isn't one of them.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

Starter

We can not afford to waste an early pick on a TE in this draft guys Are you kidding me?? We need to get young everywhere. We have plenty of weapons. You can have all 3 Gronkowskis and if Bens on the ground he cant throw it to them. Upgrade our O line through FA and the draft and the offense will start to click.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP
    We can not afford to waste an early pick on a TE in this draft guys Are you kidding me?? We need to get young everywhere. We have plenty of weapons. You can have all 3 Gronkowskis and if Bens on the ground he cant throw it to them. Upgrade our O line through FA and the draft and the offense will start to click.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

He's not my favorite felt. I definitely like him, but I'm not a blind nuthugger on him like others you are talking about. But to say that we "need" a better TE option than Heath Miller is silly. Heath, despite "getting up there" as you say, is still one of the better TEs in football. We definitely have pressing needs, but TE isn't one of them.
    Heath is am elite old school TE... these new guys are big WR's who aren't asked to block.

I hope we get rid of the TE/FB experiment because it's not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    Wouldn't matter. The TE is our offense is used more for blocking than catching. Heath, if in another system, could be much better than he is. Add to that, that Ben would rather go for the long ball, than dump it to his checkdowns. Our current system under Arians/Ben isn't condusive to a great TE.

Exactly.
    1) Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

2) Miles Burris, LB San Diego State

3) Jordan White, WR, WMU

4) Mychal Kendricks, LB, Cal

5) Blake Gideon, F/S, Texas

6) Matt Conrath, DE, VA

7) Adam Nissley, TE, UCF