Thread: That 3 man rush...

Administrator

User Info Menu

That 3 man rush...

Did anyone seen that 3 man rush that SF has had... specifically, Justin Smith.

omg... our d-line can't push the o-line back 1 yard w/ a 3-man rush.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: That 3 man rush...

Yep, I just commented about it in another thread. Justin Smith is a beast. Not sure who their defensive coordinator is, but he has them prepared for the saints.

OT - exactly how many teams have copies the Terrible Towel?? You see them everywhere now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Justin Smith was a beast every time we used to see him in Cincy. The guy that continues to impress me is Aldon Smith. 1st play he was in, he had pressure on Brees and their Pro Bowl tackle had no chance handling him one on one.

I felt better for Max Starks who couldn't handle him either. No one can handle this kid. He's gonna be DMVP next year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cowher pursued Justin Smith ... he's a beast like Ruthless' mock draft
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Just proves all 3-4 defenses are not the same. My biggest issue with what we do is we don't have our Dline in the attack mode (hence my preference for a 4-3). We have them control the OL and expect the OLBs to get the QB. Problem is that those same OLB have to drop into coverage which means on many passing plays you give up pass rush.

I'd prefer if we did what SF does but won't happen because we won't change anything because we finish the season with good rankings.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    OT - exactly how many teams have copies the Terrible Towel?? You see them everywhere now.
    Other teams give them away as people are entering the stadium as a gimmick for the playoffs or other nationally televised games. The difference is we buy our own and bring them with us.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.