Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RuthlessBurgher's first truly EPIC mock draft that is BEAST!

Re: RuthlessBurgher's first truly EPIC mock draft that is BE

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Since u,stole my catchphrase for your title....

..that is an excellent mock draft
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

I love Jeffrey in Round 1 because of all the reasons cited plus I mostly love the pick because it gives us leverage and an option in the Mike Wallace contract negotiations. If Wallace wants crazy money you can trade him or let him walk if you have Jeffrey and still we would have a formidable WR group.

I would seriously consider OG over NT in Round 2 but the draft is a great one.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Since u,stole my catchphrase for your title....

..that is an excellent mock draft

"Stole" is such a harsh word...can we go with "respectfully borrowed"?

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    4.118 ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Pro Bowler

If a big-name guy like Jeffery (a big WR) slips like that, that's not a good indicator IMO. I would roughly compare it to a guy like Limas Sweed, who was also well-known as a collegiate. The scouts, who are paid to analyze things, ended up thinking he was not a first-round pick (when going into the year, he was touted as one), and his career bore that out. Same here with Jeffery.

Alshon Jeffery, if he is the player that we would hope in getting him way down in the draft, should not be available for us. If he is, I would think it's for a reason.

Another thing that struck me in your mock is that you think two OG's will be picked ahead of our pick? Wow. That's surprising.

I love your Best Player Available thought... as I've said, if a BPA is there at WR, DE, hell SS... you take him. What we want is difference-makers. Picking for need is perilous territory, and can quickly turn your team mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    If a big-name guy like Jeffery (a big WR) slips like that, that's not a good indicator IMO. I would roughly compare it to a guy like Limas Sweed, who was also well-known as a collegiate. The scouts, who are paid to analyze things, ended up thinking he was not a first-round pick (when going into the year, he was touted as one), and his career bore that out. Same here with Jeffery.

Alshon Jeffery, if he is the player that we would hope in getting him way down in the draft, should not be available for us. If he is, I would think it's for a reason.

Another thing that struck me in your mock is that you think two OG's will be picked ahead of our pick? Wow. That's surprising.

I love your Best Player Available thought... as I've said, if a BPA is there at WR, DE, hell SS... you take him. What we want is difference-makers. Picking for need is perilous territory, and can quickly turn your team mediocre.
    I follow college football with a passion. I look at these players very thouroughly. It is my opinion that there realy isnt any real comparisons between Alshon Jeffrey and Limas Sweed. Skill set wise none at all. And physically not much either. Yes they are both tall (6 ft 4), however, Jeffrey is much bigger weight wise. He is also the more physical receiver on the field as well. And as far as what each did production wise on the field, that isnt all that close either. Jeffrey was much more than Limas Sweed ever was.

If Jeffery falls to 24 it doesnt have as much do to with him as it does more so with the inept Qb play at South Carolina this past season (in particular Stephen Garcia).

Steelers 2014 Draft

1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State

Ruthless, btw, this would be a flat out great draft if the Steelers were able to simply get your first two picks. However, I do not think Ta'amu will ever make it to pick 56. My guess is he doesnt make it past pick 40. I do believe a more realistic NT that may be there for the Steelers (in round two), is Alabama's Josh Chapman. He as you know played in Nick Saban's 3-4. Also I think you have Levi Adcock too high. This is a player I think could be had in rounds 4 or 5. I like the 6th round pick of Gideon. He's not the most gifted but he is a solid football player who I think will be better over time in the NFL.

Steelers 2014 Draft

1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State