Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

Backup

User Info Menu

Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

Imagine if we had baby'd him and built an entire system around his strengths and hid his many weaknesses. Much better than Tebow in every way.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

IDK- Tebow is a stronger guy and harder to bring down, IMO. He's also just a more charismatic leader by nature. Guys want to play with and for him in ways that Korkie never knew.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pick6
    Imagine if we had baby'd him and built an entire system around his strengths and hid his many weaknesses. Much better than Tebow in every way.
    I don't think we should have "babied" Kordell, but the Steelers would have been much better off had they quit trying to make him the kind of QB he would never be, and instead modified the offense to play to his strengths. I'm not just saying that now, I was saying it when he was under center for the Black and Gold.

Starter

User Info Menu

Pick6=Kordell?

Now the other thread makes more sense!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No matter what you may say about Tebow's QB skills, the guy has high football character. His greatest strength is his competitive fire... I'd liken it to Ray Lewis/Peezy/etc. Just a high high motor. I think Kordell and Tebow are pretty comparable. I GUARANTEE Tebow's eventual downfall will be that the pounding he takes running the ball will effectively make him a bald tire LONG before QB usually falter. Think of your hard-running RBs like Marion Barber, Earl Campbell, Barry Foster, etc. down the line. It's simply not possible to take the pounding that RBs do, and sustain a long career. And when he does get the: e.g. high ankle sprain that Ben has, what is he going to do? His bad passing skills will be highlighted... and the injuries will compound (i.e. you don't get injured less as you age). When the injuries do mount, he will be forced to rely on his passing skills, and frankly--he will fail.

BTW, that's not hate.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He throws a real nice deep ball. Keep all his receivers' routes longer than 25 yards and he could be really good.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    No matter what you may say about Tebow's QB skills, the guy has high football character. His greatest strength is his competitive fire... I'd liken it to Ray Lewis/Peezy/etc. Just a high high motor. I think Kordell and Tebow are pretty comparable. I GUARANTEE Tebow's eventual downfall will be that the pounding he takes running the ball will effectively make him a bald tire LONG before QB usually falter. Think of your hard-running RBs like Marion Barber, Earl Campbell, Barry Foster, etc. down the line. It's simply not possible to take the pounding that RBs do, and sustain a long career. And when he does get the: e.g. high ankle sprain that Ben has, what is he going to do? His bad passing skills will be highlighted... and the injuries will compound (i.e. you don't get injured less as you age). When the injuries do mount, he will be forced to rely on his passing skills, and frankly--he will fail.

BTW, that's not hate.
    Did he take more big hits than Ben did last night? He isn't exactly running between the tackles for 20 plays a game, and being that he seems to be in good shape and not out drinking after games I disagree with your guarantee. His health won't be the reason if he fails to stay an NFL QB for more than a couple of years.

Legend

User Info Menu

but I'll bet that Kordell would like it if Tebow did...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tebow is possibly the best athlete in the world right now.

Kordell WAS babied all too long by Bill Cowher. That guy got more chances....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

TeBoW is special b/c of his leadership.
    His teammates rally around him and play better b/c of him.
    It's innate and a blessing.
    We've just become so set in our ways to think a QB has to be x,y & z to be an NFL QB. Well so far it's working for Tebow and the Broncos.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!