Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign Jerrod Johnson

Pro Bowler

Re: Steelers sign Jerrod Johnson

I am just happy that I see his first named spelled that way because that is how mine is spelled....my Mom decided instead of spelling my name J-a-r-e-d or any other regular way, she wanted to spell it a special way because I am indeed special haha

I guess the Steelers decided to get more QB's to back up Ben instead of investing on the O-line

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    They also signed Kade Weston (DE), Antonio Smith (CB) I think, and Jimmy Young (WR).

Kade Weston is a DE out of Georgia.
    Kade Weston is a former 7th round draft pick of the New England Patriots*, better make sure Belichick didn't just send him over to the Steelers so he could spy on us...

Maybe, should the writing on that Belicheat*** graphic be written in Russsian or at least use the Cyrillic alphabet ? He's so KGB.

He's Ben but faster and, obviously, not as skilled at the quarterback position. He has good footwork, makes throws to the outside where only his guy can make a play, throws well on the run, needs to work on his ball skills and waits until the receiver is open before throwing the ball. But, there seems to be some talent there, search him on Youtube and see for yourself.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler

I'm a diehard Aggie and excited that we finally have one...though not been alot of options lately. Can we finally stop bringing in tu players. They don't develop in Austin.
    That aide, here's the scoop on Jerod:

As a junior he broke all the A&M passing records and looked like he was gonna be a star. On alot of lists for awards in the preseason.
    But he had offseason shoulder surgery and never recovered from it. He was benched midway through the year for Ryan Tannyhill (probably 1st round pick this yeay that played like a pu$$ all year) who promptly ripped off 6 wins. Jerod then bounced around a bit trying to find a team.

He is a big kid. Possibly as big as Ben. He was also a top HS basketball player at 6'6"
    He's got pretty good feet and runs pretty well. There was a time that he looked EXACTLY like Ben on the move and throwing to open receivers. Then he digressed back to running alot more. They blamed his shoulder problem, but that never made sense to me. Hopefully he's seen his own good tape and can get back to it. He was thought to be a 1st round pick before his senior year fell apart.

Could be an interesting project. He is VERY well spoken. When I saw that, I mean he is probably the most well spoken player to EVER come through A&M. I was disappointed in his demise cause he was so easy to root for. I hope he makes it.
    Frankly, Dixon has run his course.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Just watched some Johnson highlights...he looks mighty athletic for his size, but I'm not all that thrilled with his delivery. His windup doesn't look fluid and natural (then again, Phil Rivers, Tim Tebow, and even our own Byron Leftwich have somewhat awkward-looking deliveries as well). We'll see if Randy Fichtner works with him on it.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Kade Weston's intriguing. He has the height of a 5-technique DE, but the bulk of a NT. Chris Hoke's career in the black and gold began because he was able to back-up all 3 positions on our 3-man DL, and Steve McLendon's career here began the same way. Perhaps Weston will be able to stick if he is able to do something similar.

Hall of Famer

Kade Weston was a Planet Steeler mock draft favorite IIRC. Unfortunately, he plays soft for his size.

Jimmy Young could be a good possession receiver in the NFL. I have no idea why he is not on a team right now.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

I like this. Maybe he can be a big WR if the QB thing does not work out?

Also seen this: Steelers signed QB Jerrod Johnson, DE Mike Blanc, DT Kade Weston, and ILB Marshall McFadden to reserve/future contracts.

Found here: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 534&spln=1

I guess camp bodies but we will see.

sorry to see that WR Tyler Grisham signed a futures contract with the Denver Broncos but I guess Grisham was never going to break into the Steelers' WR rotation.

good luck Tyler, hope you make it in the NFL somewhere.