Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Belichick won't make mistake Steelers did vs. Tebow

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Belichick won't make mistake Steelers did vs. Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    I'm gonna guess that LeBeau and his 50+ years of experience saw that we'd have problems stopping the run with our front 7, and that we needed to bring an 8th man up or risk getting run over all night long.
    Correction, we had 9 in the box on the final play. There were no safeties back and the WR only had to outrun Ike to break free when even one safety would have slowed him down. This was the story on all the big plays. I love Saint LeBeau and never question his experience but the defensive gameplan against the Donkos was dumbfounding. With that said, im not going to call for his immediate retirement.

My biggest off-season goal would be to put together an OL and running game that can eat clock and score TDs in the red=zone.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Many fans wanted the Steelers defense to force Tim Tebow to beat them and he did. Broncos will have a chance if Tebow manages to play well vs the Pats.
    $$$

Hindsight is 20/20. The scheme made sense. Make an inaccurate rookie QB beat you with his arm. The problem? He did. Now everyone is up in arms because it blew up in the Steelers face.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If Sunday told us anything, whatever happened in the regular season does not matter in the post-season.

The fact that the Broncos ran for 260 yards against the Chefs but only scored 3 points does not matter.

You are what the record says you are and right now the Broncos are 1-0 heading to face the 0-0 Patriots. Tebow just multiplied his confidence by a factor of 100 heading into this game and the Broncos will feed off of that. If the Pats want to drop safeties back to help their corners, the Broncos will run the ball. If Devin McCourty has a brainfart day like Ike did, it will not be easy for the Pats.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

This morning on sports radio in Charlotte when talking about the Steelers loss:

"Steeler fans knew the Bronco's had a good chance to beat them because the CB's have a history of doing dumb things to keep bad teams in the game."
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Of course Belichick won't make the same mistakes defending Tebow; he doesn't have a DC who has Alzheimer's.

Legend

User Info Menu

TRACKING TEBOW

Tomlin said that if he had to do it again, he wouldn't have defended Denver quarterback Tim Tebow any differently.

"Probably, the responsibilities associated with defending their run gaps kind of dictated at times how you attack them," Tomlin said. "Obviously they made some nice plays on us, and in hindsight you would analyze with a fine-tooth comb some of the things you did, but I think your options are limited in terms of how you attack them because of run-gap responsibilities."

Tebow completed only 10 passes but threw for 316 yards and a pair of touchdowns. He connected on five completions of 30 yards or longer. Coming into the game, the Steelers gave up seven this season.

Starter

User Info Menu

You know, I realize I may get criticized for this simplistic approach,
    but whatever happened to "next man up" even when we NEED to
    make adjustments during the game?

Even with our D line injuries, if it ain't working, it ain't working; and we
    HAVE to adjust the coverage with who we have out there.

I'm glad to see this article...I think we stunk up the field in that game on
    both sides of the ball.

And, I believe the players know we didn't adjust like we needed to either.
    How many of our defensive guys admitted we left Ike out there alone?
    You think that was their choice or because they were told to stay the course?

That's what freakin' half time is for...review and adjust.

Sign me...Still Disgusted.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NC Steeler Fan
    You know, I realize I may get criticized for this simplistic approach,
    but whatever happened to "next man up" even when we NEED to
    make adjustments during the game?

Even with our D line injuries, if it ain't working, it ain't working; and we
    HAVE to adjust the coverage with who we have out there.

I'm glad to see this article...I think we stunk up the field in that game on
    both sides of the ball.

And, I believe the players know we didn't adjust like we needed to either.
    How many of our defensive guys admitted we left Ike out there alone?
    You think that was their choice or because they were told to stay the course?

That's what freakin' half time is for...review and adjust.

Sign me...Still Disgusted.
    Next man up doesn't necessarily work when you are asking three fat guys - 2 of whom are rookies who do not start - to play the entire game without a backup.