Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Steeler Player and Coach Mike Mularkey...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Former Steeler Player and Coach Mike Mularkey...

...is now the HC of the Jaguars.

Congrats!
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Former Steeler Player and Coach Mike Mularkey...

Too bad we couldn't have gotten him back as OC. Anyway, good for Mike!

Backup

User Info Menu

Decent organization. He'll get a fair chance to succeed there.

Legend

User Info Menu

You know what's funny - living here in Atlanta, the fans hate him as much as a good portion of Steelers fans hate Arians. It's a huge celebration in Falcons land that another team took that "idiot" off their hands.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    You know what's funny - living here in Atlanta, the fans hate him as much as a good portion of Steelers fans hate Arians. It's a huge celebration in Falcons land that another team took that "idiot" off their hands.
    From what I remember, he was initially well recieved as an OC with the Steelers, but there was some dissatisfaction with his playcalling by the time he left for Buffalo as a HC.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd imagine it would be frustrating to see an offense with Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, and Michael Turner getting shut out in the playoffs (their only points came from a safety by their defense).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I'd imagine it would be frustrating to see an offense with Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, and Michael Turner getting shut out in the playoffs (their only points came from a safety by their defense).
    Much like watching an offense with Roethlisberger, Brown, Wallace, Miller and Mendenhall not be able to score TD's inside the 10 (sometimes 5) yard line.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hmmm...

Maybe it isn't all on the OC...

Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is easy to pick on guys like Arians and Mularkey when you are nestled on your couch covered in potato chip crumbs.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Mularkey hired former Steelers WR coach (also former Bengals OC and former Falcons QB coach) to be his OC...

So, Jags fans will have a new target for message board vitriol...