Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Case For Rooting For Baltimore

Re: The Case For Rooting For Baltimore

Can't imagine a situation in which I'd pull for the Ravens, except maybe vs the Cowboys in the SB. If that game ever happened, it would probably take a whole lot of alcohol to endure it.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Pro Bowler

absolutely not. while the odds are stacked against it - i'm for a houston/denver AFCCG. screw the pats. screw the rats. of course it's likely one of those two will be in the big dance - and then I hope the packers or the saints lay a 50 burger on them.

the only possible way I will have any interest in the superbowl this year is if it's a bellicheat/harbaugh free game. that includes the douche harbaugh out west as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy
    Can't imagine a situation in which I'd pull for the Ravens
    me neither, I think hell would have to freeze over first.

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Why would Goodell's head explode? It's obvious that he loves the Pats** making rules to protect Brady** and increase their offensive production by give them carte blanche to run untouched over the middle without fear of getting hit. And then for disposing of the cheaters tapes that would have proved that everything Belichek** has accomplished in NE** was due to cheating.

I think If the Pats** won Goodell would be elate to see that his NFL is working perfectly. All offense, no defense, no hitting.
    The rule to protect QBs was made after a Pittsburgh defensive lineman took out Carson Palmer's knee. Apparently you don't remember your own team's history.

The rules allowing WRs to run freely were "re-emphasized" after the Patriots destroyed the Colts in the playoffs following the 2003 season.
    “We'll do the same thing that we always do. We'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.” - Bill Belichick

Pro Bowler

The case against: It's Baltimore.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast
    My view is that you should root for the Pats, just because having Goodell share the stage with Belichick when the Lombardi trophy is presented could possibly cause his (Goodell's) head to explode.

And that would be a good thing for the league.
    ...and this is why Steeler fans can't stand the Pats*

Not you, but in general. I think you are the only Pats* fan that thinks Goodell can't stand Billicheat.

I'm still scratching my head over Goodell allowing McDaniels to jump on board for the playoffs after being fired by another team.

..and the tackling low is called the Brady rule, not the Palmer rule because it was changed after the hit to Brady.

Brady rule: Steps taken to protect QBs' knees

DANA POINT, Calif. - Tom Brady hasn't even thrown a pass in his comeback, and he's already affected change for the 2009 NFL season.

In part because of the season-ending left knee injury that Brady suffered in the Patriots' 2008 season opener against the Chiefs, the league's Competition Committee adopted a clarification of the current rule on hits to a quarterback in the knee area or below. The clarification specifically prohibits a defender on the ground who hasn't been blocked or fouled directly into the quarterback from lunging or diving at the quarterback's lower legs.

http://articles.boston.com/2009-03-2...d-pollard-knee

Hall of Famer

Win this round and they will a poorer draft position. After this round, I'd like to see them thoroughly embarrassed at fate's earliest convenience.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Just talked about this with my daughter last night. No way do we root for the *'s or ratbirds. Definately not watching the SB if the ratbirds are in it.

Hoping for Saints v Texans SB.

Flippy, I don't think the players care as much as we fans do, whether the ratbirds win or not. Except maybe Ward.

Sorry, cannot bring myself to root for the Rats or the Pats*. That would be like applauding cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast
    Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Why would Goodell's head explode? It's obvious that he loves the Pats** making rules to protect Brady** and increase their offensive production by give them carte blanche to run untouched over the middle without fear of getting hit. And then for disposing of the cheaters tapes that would have proved that everything Belichek** has accomplished in NE** was due to cheating.

I think If the Pats** won Goodell would be elate to see that his NFL is working perfectly. All offense, no defense, no hitting.
    The rule to protect QBs was made after a Pittsburgh defensive lineman took out Carson Palmer's knee. Apparently you don't remember your own team's history.

The rules allowing WRs to run freely were "re-emphasized" after the Patriots destroyed the Colts in the playoffs following the 2003 season.
    Sorry tip just can't do it

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.