Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Wallace worth his big pay check?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is Wallace worth his big pay check?

i am for the Steelers to franchise Wallace, but I think his greatest value to us is if he can be turned into high-mid 1st round draft pick to grab an elite LT or G to keep ben upright and open holes in the running game.

imagine a young elite OL

mendy, red, batch

heath, saunders,

brown, cotchry, sanders, ward, rookie, fa

i think there is enough talent at skilled position to be an improved O with a dominate OL.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Is Wallace worth his big pay check?

A few weeks ago I would have said yes. Now I'm not so sure. I'm sure about Brown. He is the total package at wr.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

At this point, Wallace isn't even under contract (he is a RFA) so he cannot be traded right now.

But, I do agree with you (sort of). IMHO, Wallace should be tendered at the high RFA level. This way we will at least get a 1st and 3rd round pick for him if a team offers him a contract and we decide not to match. Or, he plays next season for about 1.5 million dollars.[url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19974"]viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19974[/url]
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallace is worth an large contract. Back-to-back 100o yard seasons, the best deep threat in the NFL...opens up space for guys like Miller & Brown...comfortable with Ben's style of play/

Don't weaken a strength of the team simply because he's not a 'complete WR'....the dude is a weapon.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Wallace is worth an large contract. Back-to-back 100o yard seasons, the best deep threat in the NFL...opens up space for guys like Miller & Brown...comfortable with Ben's style of play/

Don't weaken a strength of the team simply because he's not a 'complete WR'....the dude is a weapon.

I may not like his weaknesses but I love his strength(s)
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks Felt.

The WR's, as a group, is as close to complete as you'll see for NFL WR's. They have speed, agility, good hands, scoring ability, big play ability...

What they don't have is a sure-fire #1 WR, but do you really need one?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

I see Brown as a #1 in the mold of Steve Smith (Carolina).

My take is Tomlin's done a good job at finding WRs in the draft. And these guys are a dime a dozen. Ben won a SuperBowl with Ward, ARE, and Ced as his top 3 WRs. And I think he can do it again with any trio.

I'd like to see us spending some money to build in the trenches on both sides of the ball. That's where we've become weak. Let's protect Ben and give him time to work with any WRs. We'd be fine with Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery.

I don't see any WR as the difference between winning and losing SuperBowls.

And let's help Ben out with some play calling. 3 step drops. Quick hits. Let him get into a rhythm and get rid of the ball quickly. Get the D off balance and then mix in some of the 7 step drops and take some shots down field. But every play being a vertical route that takes 5+ seconds to develop is the reason Ben takes the pounding that he does.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I really like Wallace.... BUT

It would be mighty tempting getting a first AND a third for him if we tender at that level.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

One trick pony. If ball doesn't land in bread basket it is not completed. No thanks. Save big payday for Brown. Tender at highest for Wallace.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

and these guys get along!! Dont under value that!! Look at the JETS! We need wallace to open up the underneath! Imagine if Ben was able to extend some plays this past month? Man o Man what could of been!!!! Wallace will only help that!

A deep threat is ALWAYS a great thing and i wouldnt just up and give him away so Brown can be the guy doubled teamed all year!

Wallace is the very reason Brown had 1,000 yards receiving.

KEEP HIM PLEASE!