Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Is Wallace worth his big pay check?

Re: Is Wallace worth his big pay check?

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":13c75mry
    One trick pony. If ball doesn't land in bread basket it is not completed. No thanks. Save big payday for Brown. Tender at highest for Wallace.
    Last two seasons?

Mike Wallace 18 TD receptions and Antonio Brown 2 TD receptions.[/quote:13c75mry]
    I think that is much more a function of where on the field Brown is being targeted vs. Wallace. Are you saying that if Brown and Wallace both catch the ball at the 10 yard line, Wallace is more likely to get into the end zone?

Brown fights much harder after the catch than Wallace does without a doubt. Personally, I am very tired of seeing Wallace not fight for a ball when defenders are around him. Brown is the type of WR I want on the Steelers. The days of Wallace getting double teamed will soon be over if he continues to drop balls and shy away when a defender is in his face.

Legend

[quote=Lebsteel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":cah56yrm
    One trick pony. If ball doesn't land in bread basket it is not completed. No thanks. Save big payday for Brown. Tender at highest for Wallace.
    Last two seasons?

Mike Wallace 18 TD receptions and Antonio Brown 2 TD receptions.
    I think that is much more a function of where on the field Brown is being targeted vs. Wallace. Are you saying that if Brown and Wallace both catch the ball at the 10 yard line, Wallace is more likely to get into the end zone?

Brown fights much harder after the catch than Wallace does without a doubt. Personally, I am very tired of seeing Wallace not fight for a ball when defenders are around him. Brown is the type of WR I want on the Steelers. The days of Wallace getting double teamed will soon be over if he continues to drop balls and shy away when a defender is in his face.[/quote:cah56yrm]

I loved the finger tackle on Wallace.

Here is the thing... Ike said Wallace has no form when running.... arms flying every where etc....

Wallace is fast but that's all he is right now. The guy should be drawing pass INT flags left and right but he thinks this is track and refuses to fight for the ball.

Legend

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":3lef4r8u
    Last two seasons?

Mike Wallace 18 TD receptions and Antonio Brown 2 TD receptions.[/quote:3lef4r8u]

Dub... I remember you predicting Mendenhall being a superstar...

and I remember you predicting Wallace becoming one of the best WR in the NFL...

Can you please stop making these predictions or make some for our opponents because both have fallen on hard times.

j/k

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Nate Washington used to score TD's too... anyone who is sent on fly patterns all day will score some TD's in our offense.

Moving the chains is more important to me because it keeps drives alive...

It's great when Wallace is catching bombs every week but when he isn't... you realize he still needs to work on other parts of his game. This year it looks like if he isn't scoring TD's he loses confidence...
    Do you ever really listen to what it is you say? Nate Washington scored TD's too? Really? he averaged 4 a year for the Steelers. I would hardly categorize that as scoring TD's.

Yeah Nate Washington who never caught more than 40 passes a year is the same as what Wallace has done (132 receptions the past 2 years).

And when you catch 132 over a two year period...it's not all fly patterns.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Pro Bowler

Remember this oldie but goodie topic

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18019

[quote=feltdizz]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mister Pittsburgh":16h31bto
    Last two seasons?

Mike Wallace 18 TD receptions and Antonio Brown 2 TD receptions.
    Dub... I remember you predicting Mendenhall being a superstar...

and I remember you predicting Wallace becoming one of the best WR in the NFL...

Can you please stop making these predictions or make some for our opponents because both have fallen on hard times.

j/k [/quote:16h31bto]

Funny many around the NFL consider Mike Wallace as one of the best WR in the league.

Saying that someone has a chance to be one of the best in the league isnt a predication.

And for the record I never said that about Mendenhall. All I ever said was he was better than Willie Parker and he should start over him right away. See the difference?
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Hall of Famer

he definitley has some areas where he needs to improve

but i'd hardly call him a disappointment. when a guy with his speed gets drafted as late as the 3rd round, you know there will be holes in his game.

even with those holes, the guy has made the pro bowl in just his 2nd year as a starter. teams that draft WRs in the 1st round would kill for that production and his ability to take 2 defenders from the play

what he is actually is the perfect #2 receiver. takes the top off the coverage as a true #1 (with size) works the rest of the field

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Brown fights much harder after the catch than Wallace does without a doubt. Personally, I am very tired of seeing Wallace not fight for a ball when defenders are around him. Brown is the type of WR I want on the Steelers. The days of Wallace getting double teamed will soon be over if he continues to drop balls and shy away when a defender is in his face.
    The day that happens, Wallace will destroy teams.

The no double coverage thing, that is. Not the dropped ball thing.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    The day that happens, Wallace will destroy teams.

The no double coverage thing, that is. Not the dropped ball thing.
    Yea thanks for clarifying that one Chad...

So...how much are you going to pay the "destroyer"? What $ figure for a long term contract?

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Pay him whatever it takes to keep him without damaging the overall strength of the team.

Once the vets are cut, released or unsigned, chances are the Steelers will have the money available to keep the young stars on board.

If nothing else, the FO has shown it knows how to juggle the cap.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00