Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Wallace worth his big pay check?

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Is Wallace worth his big pay check?

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob
    You know what team would love to have Wallace and has picks to burn?

Cleveland

They could easily land Wallace. The one thing that would prevent this is they would not want to give the Steelers two high picks this draft.

However, he is just what their offense needs to go with Greg Little.

RGIII, Greg, Little, Mike Wallace, Josh Cribbs is much better than what they had this year.
    However, if they tendered him a contract as an RFA, and we had the highest tender on him (requiring 1st and 3rd round compensation), they would have to give up their own 1st round pick (#4 overall) as opposed to the 1st rounder they got from Atlanta (#22 overall), so they would not be able to have both Griffin and Wallace.
    If we got the #4 pick, they can have Wallace

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't be so quick to let Wallace slip away. The guy has major talent but I'm just not sure what happened to him the last half of the year. He's never had a problem going over the middle and he always seemed to have pretty good hands until late this year. He even used to fight some for the ball.

I don't know what happened. Did he get frustrated with all the double coverage? Did Ben stop looking at him? He just seemed to lose focus. I think we need to keep him for another year and see what happens.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    However, if they tendered him a contract as an RFA, and we had the highest tender on him (requiring 1st and 3rd round compensation), they would have to give up their own 1st round pick (#4 overall) as opposed to the 1st rounder they got from Atlanta (#22 overall), so they would not be able to have both Griffin and Wallace.
    Are you 100% certain of this? I am not...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just for the purpose of this debate here's a little info:

Games 1-8
    Catches - 43
    Yards - 800
    Yards/Catch - 18.60
    TDs - 5

Games 9-16
    Catches - 29
    Yards - 393
    Yards/Catch - 13.55
    TDs - 3

I knew his production dropped off, but I never realized how much it dropped off after the mid-point of the season.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I have changed my mind on this issue, mainly because of the play of Cotchery. I would rather keep Brown, Cotchery, and Sanders...get a first rounder that solidifies the OL than to have Wallace, Brown, Sanders-minus Cotchery and minus the OL.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace
    Games 1-8
    Targeted 58
    Rec 43
    Rec %74.1
    Games 9-16
    Targeted 56
    Rec 29
    Rec % 51.8
    Make your own assumptions or exc uses
    [url="http://www.kffl.com/fantasy-football/targets/"]http://www.kffl.com/fantasy-football/targets/[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am in favor of attempting to re-sign Wallace to a very good 2nd contract. I'm not talking Andre Johnson/Larry Fitz money, because he's not in that league. But the next level I guess.

Having said that though, I think it's reasonable to say that we've seen the best of Wallace.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Classic "end of disappointing season over reaction" stuff.

We've seen the best of Mike Wallace? He's regressing?

Dude's in his 3rd year- we've scraped the surface.

Yes- his production fell away as the season went on. Anyone have a definate reason for it? When did Ben get hurt? When did Ben start throwing into double coverage more?

How much did Brown snapping up a bunch of passes take away Wallace's shorter, easier stuff?

How much did the double coverage on Wallace open up the field for Brown?

But you're all probably right. Wallace obviously sucks. We should get rid of him & rely on the guy the Jets didn't think could beat out Plax. While we are at it, we should trade away Timmons & Pouncey, because they obviously suck. And bring back Farrior because the man's a warrior.

When's the draft again?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Classic "end of disappointing season over reaction" stuff.

We've seen the best of Mike Wallace? He's regressing?

Dude's in his 3rd year- we've scraped the surface.

Yes- his production fell away as the season went on. Anyone have a definate reason for it? When did Ben get hurt? When did Ben start throwing into double coverage more?

How much did Brown snapping up a bunch of passes take away Wallace's shorter, easier stuff?

How much did the double coverage on Wallace open up the field for Brown?

But you're all probably right. Wallace obviously sucks. We should get rid of him & rely on the guy the Jets didn't think could beat out Plax. While we are at it, we should trade away Timmons & Pouncey, because they obviously suck. And bring back Farrior because the man's a warrior.

When's the draft again?
    YES!!! Now Chadman understands!!

I am certainly not as high on Wallace as you are...I guess I am very skeptical of throwing big money at someone that does not consistently perform....kinda like Timmons.

Hey, on another thought, Chadman, did you read who America's favorite professional athlete is? Ha Ha...just a little humor there...
    [url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7451061/espn-sports-poll-denver-broncos-tim-tebow-us-favorite-active-pro-athlete[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

does not consistently perform
    2 seasons, 2 1000 yrd returns for the year. Not consistant?

Ok, there was a drop-off as this season went on, but it coincides directly with an increase in Brown's production. Isn't it entirely possible that the 2 are related?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE