Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

Keeping a 74 is more on the dumb , than keeping BA. The game have passed Lebeau by. At the very least BA is complying with the NFL new era while grandpa brings nothing to the game. No exotic blitzes , 10 yd cushion + no adjustments whatsoever. Next we will be hearing that all the old heads will be back for another season also.
    But just hoping i guess.... but no where in this article did it say anything about them saying they would return.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Am I disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No. If they haven't fired BA by now, I doubt they ever will. I wonder if our success has actually hurt this offense in the long run. If we hadn't won so many games, they probably would have tried to get rid of him a long time ago.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    I would imagine that he saw a hobbled QB who suffered a significant injury because he held on to the ball too long instead of throwing it away (not Arians' fault), an offensive line that suffered significant injuries (not Arians' fault) and a #1 WR who petered out the last third of the season and dropped a potentially game changing bomb in the playoff game (again, not Arians' fault).

Do I think Arians' is God's gift to coordinators? No.

Do I blame Mike Tomlin for keeping an OC that has coordinated this team to four playoff berths and two Super Bowls in the last five seasons? No.
    First off, our defense is the primary reason for the superbowls and playoff berths just as it was when we had korkie at QB and just as it was when we had tommy freaking maddox at QB. Second, all those excuses you mention were pretty much last quarter of the season issues....what was the excuse for our crap offense the first 3/4 of the year?
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Am I disappointed? Yes. Surprised? No. If they haven't fired BA by now, I doubt they ever will. I wonder if our success has actually hurt this offense in the long run. If we hadn't won so many games, they probably would have tried to get rid of him a long time ago.
    I can't understand why this dude gets the autonomy to do things on his terms. It's not like he's guided a Pats or Saints-like offense the last few years. On the contrary, he's lead an offense that has underachieved greatly, but has had one of the best defenses the last 2 decades to lean on, so the team has won, but not because of the offense, but rather often times in spite of it. And they have way too much talent for that to be the case.

Rockon

Backup

User Info Menu

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As bad as the loss to the Broncos was, I was hoping to get some good news in BA would not return. Honestly am not looking forward to next season now. Another year of playing down to opponents, run-run-pass-punt, bubble screens that never work, 10 yard cushions when it's 3rd and 5 (not offensive related I know), horrible red zone/TD percentages, and not allowing this offense to show it's true potential.

Backup

User Info Menu

At a loss for words, huh, Steelers>NFL?

Rockon

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    As bad as the loss to the Broncos was, I was hoping to get some good news in BA would not return. Honestly am not looking forward to next season now. Another year of playing down to opponents, run-run-pass-punt, bubble screens that never work, 10 yard cushions when it's 3rd and 5 (not offensive related I know), horrible red zone/TD percentages, and not allowing this offense to show it's true potential.

My sentiments exactly! Very well said. How some people fail to see that is completely baffling to me.

Rockon

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rockonsteel

Rockon

Not very happy right now. This news ruined my day more than the lost to the Broncos did.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL
    Quote Originally Posted by rockonsteel

Rockon

Not very happy right now. This news ruined my day more than the lost to the Broncos did.
    I agree. After the loss i thought, 'well at least we can fix what ails us now'. Not so. Tomlin is too scared to fully take the reigns. Easier to ride the coattails of the coordinators he was handed.
    @_Hellgrammite