Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    So in short Ben maybe the biggest problem. And once he adjust his game the Of will take off.
    That makes too much sense.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What I would like to find out is Arians explanation on why the offense is so inconsistent. Also, his explanation on why we have such problems in the red zone. To be honest we have a good offense between the 20s. We just can't put the ball in the endzone from in close. I really think Redman would be a big help with that but I'm just a stupid fan playing Monday mornig QB.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    Give Coach Lebeau players that not only actually fit our scheme but were actually exceptionally productive football players at the collegiate level whom posses the wherewithal to express their talent with discipline,.. and we hands down have very few problems on the defensive front. The Man ( Coach Lebeau) knows his craft. Problem solved. So easy Roethlisberger could do it.

As far as Arians,...i cannot really argue on his behalf. Our current offensive roster fits his personal ideal in terms of personnel in most part, and yet we still struggle to be within the top 12 in offense and one of the worst in scoring EVERY single season that he's been here,....
    LeBeau has been given the lions share of the resources in terms of players. Look at every major signing we have done recently and they have all been on the defensive side of the football. Look at the salary distribution on the team top to bottom and you will see we spend the money on the defensive side of the ball.

Every major defensive signing means that is money that can't go to fix the OL.

The reality is both Arians and LeBeau have underperformed with what they have.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Give Coach Lebeau players that not only actually fit our scheme but were actually exceptionally productive football players at the collegiate level whom posses the wherewithal to express their talent with discipline,.. and we hands down have very few problems on the defensive front. The Man ( Coach Lebeau) knows his craft. Problem solved. So easy Roethlisberger could do it.

As far as Arians,...i cannot really argue on his behalf. Our current offensive roster fits his personal ideal in terms of personnel in most part, and yet we still struggle to be within the top 12 in offense and one of the worst in scoring EVERY single season that he's been here,....
    LeBeau has been given the lions share of the resources in terms of players. Look at every major signing we have done recently and they have all been on the defensive side of the football. Look at the salary distribution on the team top to bottom and you will see we spend the money on the defensive side of the ball.

Every major defensive signing means that is money that can't go to fix the OL.

When you look at the OL I think one can say BA has done pretty well but no one will admit that. We did get Sweed but that was a bust... but you can't say Arians didn't put him in a position to be a star. Sweed had money and fame on his fingertips and blew it.

BA's biggest problem is loving Mend when the OL is built for Redman...

We have an undrafted RB... Moore and a few other late rounders at RB.

We have a 6th rounder as our best WR... and Sanders has been hurt, Wallace was in a funk and Hines is getting old...

We lost our best back up QB, half our OL who sucks anyway and our center still has issues with his ankle.

Our TE, Miller is still good but even he had fumbles and drops this year...

but somehow our OC is supposed to get top 5 production with this bunch?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    What I would like to find out is Arians explanation on why the offense is so inconsistent. Also, his explanation on why we have such problems in the red zone. To be honest we have a good offense between the 20s. We just can't put the ball in the endzone from in close. I really think Redman would be a big help with that but I'm just a stupid fan playing Monday mornig QB.
    Everything I have seen when he is asked about it he blames execution for the crappy redzone results the past 5 seasons.

Regarding the OL being a big factor, which i agree it is, doesn't he have a lot of input into who we draft for the offensive side of the ball....what we need, etc? Seems to me we dropped a first round pick on a RB, lots of picks on TE's and WR's over the years, but most the OL picks have either tanked, or have been mediocre when forced to start.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Everything I have seen when he is asked about it he blames execution for the crappy redzone results the past 5 seasons.

Regarding the OL being a big factor, which i agree it is, doesn't he have a lot of input into who we draft for the offensive side of the ball....what we need, etc? Seems to me we dropped a first round pick on a RB, lots of picks on TE's and WR's over the years, but most the OL picks have either tanked, or have been mediocre when forced to start.
    Except for Keith Urbik who seems to be doing very well in buffalo.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh

Except for Keith Urbik who seems to be doing very well in buffalo.
    Must be Kraig's brother.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

We have a 6th rounder as our best WR... and Sanders has been hurt, Wallace was in a funk and Hines is getting old...

but somehow our OC is supposed to get top 5 production with this bunch?

Ummmm, not for nothing, but I think Belichick and Weiss and McDaniel and O'Brien have gotten top 5 production out of a particular 6th rounder. Then they got production from a guy who hadn't played since high school. And by production, I mean POINTS.

The Packers had massive injuries last year, but they still whupped our ass in the Bowl. They also had a bunch of O-line injuries this year, and kept right on rolling.
    They also lost Greg Jennings, yet their BACKUP QB, goes out and throws for damn near 500 yds and 6 tds. and score 45 pts.

It takes the Steelers offense 3 games to score 6 tds. And that's if they're hot. Way too many 13, 16 pt. games for the talent on this offense, and that was against a bunch of bad teams no less.

Sean Payton conducts a high flying offense down in the Big Easy,(as in making scoring tds look easy), a 5,000 yd QB, and average 30+ ppg, yet they manage to get top 5 production from their running game where they average about 160 rushing.

If somebody came on here and pronounced that Baltimore Ravens had a better offense than the Steelers they would get roasted. The sad truth is, the Ravens scored 3.5 ppg more than the Steelers with their "inferior" offense. People think Cameron is dumber/worse than BA and that Flacco is the second coming of Kyle Boller. Yet, somehow, they and a bunch of other teams have easier times putting the ball in the end zone than the Steelers.

Point being, for the excuses people keep making for Airhead, other teams seem to overcome these same obstacles and keep it rolling. They seem to find ways to maximize their talent.

The Steelers offense has been mediocre since BA has taken it over, and yes we've won a Sb and been to another. We all know that was on the backs of the defense, whether some will admit it or not. They keep adding weapons and getting the same result. That should be more telling than anything.

Rockon

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lebeau's defense ranked number one in points allowed and against the past this season, even despite injuries and aging players. Yeah, he's really underperformed.

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sounded right there??