Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

To me Ben and Arians could slice and dice the ball down field if they wanted to and every once in a while if the opportunity presents itself Ben can then torch a defense with the big pass. They could also establish some running plays to keep the defenses honest but no..............They go for the big sob-ching bomb passes.
    We don't have a redzone offense because they put no stock in the redzone.

D!ck Lebeau will return as Steelers defensive coordinator

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 11, 2012

The Steelers defense may be getting old, but they are going to suddenly get younger at defensive coordinator.

D!ck Lebeau will return to Pittsburgh as defensive coordinator, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he wanted Lebeau and offensive coordinator Bruce Arians back. Thereís no reason to think Arians is leaving, but it hasnít been confirmed yet.

Lebeauís defense finished first in points allowed and has been the Steelers defensive coordinator since 2004, his second tour of duty with the team.

Lebeau will turn 75 years old to start next season and is year-to-year at this point in terms of when he wants to retire.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ordinator/

I hope between all the choices idiot Tomlin makes for this new season one of them would be, have someone in his ear at all times to remind him how to watch the clock and call the needed timeouts. Also, someone to tell him when to and when not to throw the red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    I would imagine that he saw a hobbled QB who suffered a significant injury because he held on to the ball too long instead of throwing it away (not Arians' fault), an offensive line that suffered significant injuries (not Arians' fault) and a #1 WR who petered out the last third of the season and dropped a potentially game changing bomb in the playoff game (again, not Arians' fault).

Do I think Arians' is God's gift to coordinators? No.

Do I blame Mike Tomlin for keeping an OC that has coordinated this team to four playoff berths and two Super Bowls in the last five seasons? No.

Brother Please! Logic?

No!

Fire Arians! Where's the angry mob?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    I would imagine that he saw a hobbled QB who suffered a significant injury because he held on to the ball too long instead of throwing it away (not Arians' fault), an offensive line that suffered significant injuries (not Arians' fault) and a #1 WR who petered out the last third of the season and dropped a potentially game changing bomb in the playoff game (again, not Arians' fault).

Do I blame Mike Tomlin for keeping an OC that has coordinated this team to four playoff berths and two Super Bowls in the last five seasons? No.

Brother Please! Logic?

No!

That's me in the hat!

Rockon

Quote Originally Posted by rockonsteel

Brother Please! Logic?

No!

That's me in the hat!

Rockon
    The one with the club or the torch?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Give Coach Lebeau players that not only actually fit our scheme but were actually exceptionally productive football players at the collegiate level whom posses the wherewithal to express their talent with discipline,.. and we hands down have very few problems on the defensive front. The Man ( Coach Lebeau) knows his craft. Problem solved. So easy Roethlisberger could do it.

As far as Arians,...i cannot really argue on his behalf. Our current offensive roster fits his personal ideal in terms of personnel in most part, and yet we still struggle to be within the top 12 in offense and one of the worst in scoring EVERY single season that he's been here,....
    1) Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

2) Miles Burris, LB San Diego State

3) Jordan White, WR, WMU

4) Mychal Kendricks, LB, Cal

5) Blake Gideon, F/S, Texas

6) Matt Conrath, DE, VA

7) Adam Nissley, TE, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by rockonsteel

Brother Please! Logic?

No!

That's me in the hat!

Rockon
    The one with the club or the torch?

The torch of course! After all, we are trying to FIRE his a$$!!

Rockon

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden
    As far as Arians,...i cannot really argue on his behalf. Our current offensive roster fits his personal ideal in terms of personnel in most part, and yet we still struggle to be within the top 12 in offense and one of the worst in scoring EVERY single season that he's been here,....

Yup, and it's gonna be a lonngggggg offseason knowing we have more of that crap to look forward to next season.

Rockon

If Arians is going to remain as our OC, then the Steelers need to hire a special "red zone assistant" to take over play-calling in the red zone.