Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 79

Thread: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

  1. #31
    Backup
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    488

    Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    As bad as the loss to the Broncos was, I was hoping to get some good news in BA would not return. Honestly am not looking forward to next season now. Another year of playing down to opponents, run-run-pass-punt, bubble screens that never work, 10 yard cushions when it's 3rd and 5 (not offensive related I know), horrible red zone/TD percentages, and not allowing this offense to show it's true potential.
    The bubble screen makes me want to vomit. Running the same bubble screen 4 times a
    game makes me want to vomit some more.
    As I mentioned before, watching the Steeler's inept offense is like getting a colonoscopy!
    Well, the treatments continues next season...

  2. #32
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,227

    Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    After the second big downfield play the Broncos made a rational person would have provided over the top support for the cornerbacks. LeBeau did nothing except keep pushing the safeties up into the box even in overtime. He went in with his plan and IMO his ego was too great to acknowledge it was the wrong plan and needed changed.

    That is LeBeau, and Arians', Achilles Heel and the rest of the league knows it.
    I think I've asked this before and never gotten an answer so I will try again. What defenses have done better over the last 5 years than the LeBeau led Steelers D? Lets see how many you can name. I would think you could easily come up with 16 or so since the game has passed DL by and he can't make correct adjustments during the game.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  3. #33
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,023

    Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

    Yeeehaaaaaa, another year of wr screens,5 WR formations and 30 yd routes
    Ben, make sure your Health Care premium is paid up

  4. #34
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

    I continue to read about "all this offensive talent" the Steelers have and there's no reason that Bruce Arians shouldn't have this team in the top 10 offenses in the league. I still don't believe that the talent is there on this offense.

    Quarterback - Given, Ben is a top 1-7 quarterback in this league (depending on you rank them, but I doubt anyone would put him lower than 7) Ben is a pro-bowl quarterback.

    Running Back - As of right now, Mendy is an average back with outstanding skills that haven't matured, too much indecision in the hole and lack of yards after contact. Redman gets yards after contact and is decisive and has good vision, but he lacks the burst and receiving ability of Mendy. Clay, Batch and Dwyer are unproven. No pro-bowlers here.

    Wide Receiver - Ward is done as a threat. Wallace looked to be the real deal, but has fallen way off the second half of this season. Antonio Brown is a complete receiver and an excellent kick returner. Cothery is a solid veteran, but nothing special and Sanders is unproven due to injury (We may have seen a glimpse against Denver). No pro-bowlers here, Brown is the closest.

    Tight Ends - Heath may be the best all around TE in the league, unfortunately, most TEs aren't blocking any longer, the Gonkowskis and Grahams have taken over. Heath is a reliable, but slow target. Saunders has great upside, but is rarely used by Ben or the offense. No pro-bowlers here based on the way today's TEs are being evaluated.

    Offensive line - I'll lump them all together and say that if it weren't for Pouncey the Steelers O-line would be average at best. Pouncey is arguably the best center in the game when healthy (this may become a big "if"), the others probably aren't in the top half of the league at their position. Pouncey is a pro-bowler

    That's it folks, I think as Steeler fans we believe we have greater talent than is actually put out there game after game. If it weren't for Ben the Steelers would be even worse than 22nd in total offense. Personally, I think Arians has taken the offense out of the dark ages and into the 21st century with nice talent, but not great talent. He does make me scratch my head once in awhile, but over all I'd like to see the offense stay relatively healthy without having to juggle offensive linemen week after week and see where it goes.

    Arians isn't the major problem (IMO), injuries and average talent are the problems. Maybe another coordinator could get more out of these guys, but I doubt it, because the stupid penalties would still be there and the missed assignments would still be there. Arians can stay or go, I have no preference, but, I don't see him as the biggest obstacle to a successful Steeler offense.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  5. #35
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,362

    Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

    Every year, some clown runs his mouth saying "D1ck Lebeau is done, he's been figured out, blah blah blah..."

    Yet every year, DL and his defense continue to dominate the league, even despite injuries and certain players not playing up to expectations. This year was no exception. Yet people are STILL calling for him to leave.

    Yes, that last play against Denver was really boneheaded. Yes, it cost us the run into the playoffs, but without DL and his defense, there is NO playoffs. We sure as hell can't rely on the offense to carry the team. Lebeau isn't perfect, yes he's stubborn, and yes he's made bad calls. Every coach does. But he's won us faaaar more games than he has cost us - and he has results to back him up. BA can't say the same thing.

  6. #36
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678

    Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

    Pap,
    You are basing your evaluations of our players based on what you have seen them accomplish within our crappy offensive system. They can only do what the system calls for them to do. Does New England have a better corp of WR's? Do they have a better stable of RB's? I'll give you they have better TE's 'in their system' but Gronkowski would get only 2 or 3 looks a game in our system.
    @_Hellgrammite

  7. #37
    Legend papillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Pap,
    You are basing your evaluations of our players based on what you have seen them accomplish within our crappy offensive system. They can only do what the system calls for them to do. Does New England have a better corp of WR's? Do they have a better stable of RB's? I'll give you they have better TE's 'in their system' but Gronkowski would get only 2 or 3 looks a game in our system.
    The results tell me they have better talent top to bottom and including the offensive line. I don't know enough about an offensive system to say whether or not the Steelers is crappy or not. I personally don't think the system is crappy; I think the talent is only average at best over all. Even comparing Ben to Tom Brady you have to give an edge to Brady, but it's true. That doesn't mean Ben stinks (not even remotely), but I believe Brady takes what's given to him and could make the Steeler offense more consistent and that's what Ben doesn't do. He loves the big chunk of yardage.

    Brady would not be sacked 30+ times in the Steeler offense, he just wouldn't, because, he'd throw it away and live to fight another play. Ben never gives up on a play. Have you ever heard yourself yelling, throw the d@mn ball, throw the d@mn ball after 4 or 5 seconds of looking around? Of course you have, that's Ben and I love it, but it makes the offense inconsistent at times.

    So, to answer your question, yes, I believe the Patriots have better offensive talent than the Steelers from top to bottom.

    Pappy


    1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

    "Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

  8. #38
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678

    Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Pap,
    You are basing your evaluations of our players based on what you have seen them accomplish within our crappy offensive system. They can only do what the system calls for them to do. Does New England have a better corp of WR's? Do they have a better stable of RB's? I'll give you they have better TE's 'in their system' but Gronkowski would get only 2 or 3 looks a game in our system.
    The results tell me they have better talent top to bottom and including the offensive line. I don't know enough about an offensive system to say whether or not the Steelers is crappy or not. I personally don't think the system is crappy; I think the talent is only average at best over all. Even comparing Ben to Tom Brady you have to give an edge to Brady, but it's true. That doesn't mean Ben stinks (not even remotely), but I believe Brady takes what's given to him and could make the Steeler offense more consistent and that's what Ben doesn't do. He loves the big chunk of yardage.

    Brady would not be sacked 30+ times in the Steeler offense, he just wouldn't, because, he'd throw it away and live to fight another play. Ben never gives up on a play. Have you ever heard yourself yelling, throw the d@mn ball, throw the d@mn ball after 4 or 5 seconds of looking around? Of course you have, that's Ben and I love it, but it makes the offense inconsistent at times.

    So, to answer your question, yes, I believe the Patriots have better offensive talent than the Steelers from top to bottom.

    Pappy
    I think the system is crappy, and the line is the big difference maker.
    @_Hellgrammite

  9. #39
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,447

    Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by RKSteel
    You're essentially saying that Lebeau failed to make an in game adjustment. And, yes, that is a legit discussion for this game.

    But he didn't just stick with the routine scheme going into the game. Arians, on the other hand, remained commited to whatever his scheme is. Hobbled QB with protection problems? No problem -- we'll still go 5 wide on second and 3.
    That is my biggest issue. When Redman is avg at least 4-5 yds a carry, why are the Steelers throwing 45x? Bronco's couldn't stop Redman. Steelers could have run the ball 25-30x in the game and maybe given their depleted d-line a break.[/quote]


    That would have been interesting because remember just the week before they said he got tired late and he had two fumbles late. I'm sure that was in the back of their minds somewhat. Also remember that we were essentially down to one RB with two completely unproven rookies as the only back ups. Anyone really wnat them in the game if Redman got hurt????
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #40

    Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by RKSteel
    You're essentially saying that Lebeau failed to make an in game adjustment. And, yes, that is a legit discussion for this game.

    But he didn't just stick with the routine scheme going into the game. Arians, on the other hand, remained commited to whatever his scheme is. Hobbled QB with protection problems? No problem -- we'll still go 5 wide on second and 3.
    That is my biggest issue. When Redman is avg at least 4-5 yds a carry, why are the Steelers throwing 45x? Bronco's couldn't stop Redman. Steelers could have run the ball 25-30x in the game and maybe given their depleted d-line a break.

    That would have been interesting because remember just the week before they said he got tired late and he had two fumbles late. I'm sure that was in the back of their minds somewhat. Also remember that we were essentially down to one RB with two completely unproven rookies as the only back ups. Anyone really wnat them in the game if Redman got hurt????[/quote]

    Valid point for limiting the carries, but on 2nd and 3, even if you have no intention of running the ball, I'd like to see somebody in the game at the RB position, even if they are there to merely serve as a decoy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •