Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

Re: Arians, LeBeau wll Return Next Season

[quote=Mister Pittsburgh]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steelers>NFL":1q3mn1be
    Quote Originally Posted by rockonsteel
    At a loss for words, huh, Steelers>NFL?

Rockon

Not very happy right now. This news ruined my day more than the lost to the Broncos did.
    I agree. After the loss i thought, 'well at least we can fix what ails us now'. Not so. Tomlin is too scared to fully take the reigns. Easier to ride the coattails of the coordinators he was handed.[/quote:1q3mn1be]

Wow, Dead on to both you dudes. I agree 1000% with both posts.

This really is gonna make this offseason even more brutal. The agony of knowing we're gonna see more of the same crap next season really puts a damper on things.

And, yeah this makes me wonder about Tomlin's gumption myself. Status quo, when status quo stinks. This offense is putrid. Where is the urgency to see improvement form this offense? They sure as hell gonna try to sell it this summer, "this is the year the offense is gonna really take off".... Not as long as the clown is leading the troops. I'm starting to wonder if Tomlin's success is merely the product of LeBeau and Ben.

Rockon

Legend

Look at the positive. THis decision alone will ensure this message board remains viable for the foreseeable future with posters rehashing their favorite complaints over and over about both Arians and LeBeau.

The reality is that this board would have 25% less volume if Arians was gone. That is until the third game for a new offensive coordinator then everything he did would also be second guessed.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Look at the positive. THis decision alone will ensure this message board remains viable for the foreseeable future with posters rehashing their favorite complaints over and over about both Arians and LeBeau.

The reality is that this board would have 25% less volume if Arians was gone. That is until the third game for a new offensive coordinator then everything he did would also be second guessed.

And the same goes for LeBeau...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    Keeping a 74 is more on the dumb , than keeping BA. The game have passed Lebeau by. At the very least BA is complying with the NFL new era while grandpa brings nothing to the game. No exotic blitzes , 10 yd cushion + no adjustments whatsoever. Next we will be hearing that all the old heads will be back for another season also.
    But just hoping i guess.... but no where in this article did it say anything about them saying they would return.
    How dare you??? You are bringing into the question the unquestionable!!!!

I also agree that we will see no changes and roll out the same scheme that beats up and pads the stats on bad teams and loses to Super Bowl caliber teams. Just too much belief on trusting what worked in the past.

Also LeBeau and Arians are probably two of the worst coordinators in the league for making in game adjustments as we saw this past Sunday.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Keeping a 74 is more on the dumb , than keeping BA. The game have passed Lebeau by. At the very least BA is complying with the NFL new era while grandpa brings nothing to the game. No exotic blitzes , 10 yd cushion + no adjustments whatsoever. Next we will be hearing that all the old heads will be back for another season also.
    But just hoping i guess.... but no where in this article did it say anything about them saying they would return.

I also agree that we will see no changes and roll out the same scheme that beats up and pads the stats on bad teams and loses to Super Bowl caliber teams. Just too much belief on trusting what worked in the past.

Also LeBeau and Arians are probably two of the worst coordinators in the league for making in game adjustments as we saw this past Sunday.
    I get your criticisms of Lebeau, and criticisms can be made that Ike should have been given help sooner in the Denver game.

But you can't say that he just relied on the past. We did not see much cover 3, didn't see much of a cushion, and didn't see much blitzing at all against Denver. He completely changed his scheme for Tebow, and Tebow just happened to make throws that he had proven an inability or unwillingness to make previously.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq

I get your criticisms of Lebeau, and criticisms can be made that Ike should have been given help sooner in the Denver game.

But you can't say that he just relied on the past. We did not see much cover 3, didn't see much of a cushion, and didn't see much blitzing at all against Denver. He completely changed his scheme for Tebow, and Tebow just happened to make throws that he had proven an inability or unwillingness to make previously.

After the second big downfield play the Broncos made a rational person would have provided over the top support for the cornerbacks. LeBeau did nothing except keep pushing the safeties up into the box even in overtime. He went in with his plan and IMO his ego was too great to acknowledge it was the wrong plan and needed changed.

That is LeBeau, and Arians', Achilles Heel and the rest of the league knows it.

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

After the second big downfield play the Broncos made a rational person would have provided over the top support for the cornerbacks. LeBeau did nothing except keep pushing the safeties up into the box even in overtime. He went in with his plan and IMO his ego was too great to acknowledge it was the wrong plan and needed changed.

'Lets crowd the box and force Tebow to throw to beat us!'

'He's beating us coach, he's beating us'

'well he won't continue to beat us'

'He beat us coach'.

Took him how long to figure out you can't give a 10 yard cushion to Tom Brady? 5 years? More? I also find it odd that Lebeau + Ray Horton = The secondary sucks and young secondary members may become half decent AFTER their rookie contracts are up. Lebeau + Carnell Lake and suddenly William Gay is a solid NFL corner and rookies are invaluable contributors.

Are the Steelers all about being totally hands off from top to bottom? Tomlin lets his coordinators do their thing and create gameplans and doesn't give much input. The coordinators let their coaches coach the position players without much input in fixing trouble spots? How else can you explain we have a HC that was a former DB and DC, a DC that is a HOF CB and DC, and our secondary still sucks until Ray Horton, the DB coach leaves and Carnell is hired and suddenly its like night and day....
    @_Hellgrammite

You're essentially saying that Lebeau failed to make an in game adjustment. And, yes, that is a legit discussion for this game.

But he didn't just stick with the routine scheme going into the game. Arians, on the other hand, remained commited to whatever his scheme is. Hobbled QB with protection problems? No problem -- we'll still go 5 wide on second and 3.

You're essentially saying that Lebeau failed to make an in game adjustment. And, yes, that is a legit discussion for this game.

But he didn't just stick with the routine scheme going into the game. Arians, on the other hand, remained commited to whatever his scheme is. Hobbled QB with protection problems? No problem -- we'll still go 5 wide on second and 3.
    That is my biggest issue. When Redman is avg at least 4-5 yds a carry, why are the Steelers throwing 45x? Bronco's couldn't stop Redman. Steelers could have run the ball 25-30x in the game and maybe given their depleted d-line a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    As bad as the loss to the Broncos was, I was hoping to get some good news in BA would not return. Honestly am not looking forward to next season now. Another year of playing down to opponents, run-run-pass-punt, bubble screens that never work, 10 yard cushions when it's 3rd and 5 (not offensive related I know), horrible red zone/TD percentages, and not allowing this offense to show it's true potential.
    The bubble screen makes me want to vomit. Running the same bubble screen 4 times a
    game makes me want to vomit some more.