View Poll Results: Why do you think Tomlin keeps Arians?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Because he honestly believes Arians is a good coach

8 21.05%
  • 2. He doesn't have the cojones to fire him

4 10.53%
  • 3. Arians has something on Tomlin (black-mail)

2 5.26%
  • 4. Because Big Ben is so attached to Arians

21 55.26%
  • 5. The front office really likes Arians and will not let it happen

3 7.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Tomlin keeps Arians

Legend

User Info Menu

Why Tomlin keeps Arians

Just curious what you think.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Why Tomlin keeps Arians

Tomlin knows there will be roster upheavel & doesn't want to burden new young players being asked to raise their level of play to replace departing vets to also be asked to learn a new playbook.

Continuity in a time of upheavel.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

2 and 4 go together. He doesn't have the cojones to fire him because of Ben...

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agree that 2 and 4 go together but since I could only pick one I, picked two.

Should have had another choice that reads:

Tomlin doesn't know enough about offense to figure out the problem.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig

I'd agree with yinz, but I dont believe Tomlin is afraid of Big Ben
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig

I'd agree with yinz, but I dont believe Tomlin is afraid of Big Ben
    Tomlin isn't afraid of Ben, but Ben is the $100 million franchise QB 2 time Super Bowl champion that we invested our future in. Ben calls the shots. Tomlin might have input if a decision needs to be made, but no decision will need to be made if Ben doesn't want any change.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think fans lament over losses harder than players and coaches do. I mean how fired up do you really think Tomlin is over this season? Guy has it made. Stadium is full, team is 12-4, have been to two Superbowls in what 5 years with this crew? Dude is riding the wave right now & doesn't want to screw things up. Firing a coordinator & trying to improve things could make things worse so what's his motivation to do so.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't think it is as easy to upgrade a coordinator as a lot of people think. Who do you hire, a retread or someone who has never been a coordinator? The Jet fans moaned about their OC as much or more as Steelers fans. Now they hire a retread in Sparano, and some don't seem satisfied with him.

In a vacuum, where fans operate, it is a lot simpler to say fire someone without any idea of who would replace him, then it is to actually do it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    I think fans lament over losses harder than players and coaches do. I mean how fired up do you really think Tomlin is over this season? Guy has it made. Stadium is full, team is 12-4, have been to two Superbowls in what 5 years with this crew? Dude is riding the wave right now & doesn't want to screw things up. Firing a coordinator & trying to improve things could make things worse so what's his motivation to do so.
    A lot of key Steelers starters weren't able to stay healthy this year...who knows what they could have done with better health?

Firing Arians, LeBeau or Tomlin doesn't make those guys healthier...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    A lot of key Steelers starters weren't able to stay healthy this year...who knows what they could have done with better health?

Firing Arians, LeBeau or Tomlin doesn't make those guys healthier...
    I have no beef with keeping Lebeau. But answer this, was our redzone woes this year limited to just this season? Has this been an issue for more than this season, the past two, three, four seasons? Would firing Arians and hiring a new OC fix this issue?
    @_Hellgrammite