Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh-Oh! Remember my thoughts on Pouncey?

Re: Uh-Oh! Remember my thoughts on Pouncey?

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    So, Pouncey can't say whats on his mind, but Tebow can shove his Tebowing down the throats of football fans without a problem?
    You dont see the difference in what Tebow says and what Pouncey said? The goodness that comes out of Tebow's mouth about love, forgiveness, and his thanksgivings for the source of his strength as opposed to the bitter, ugliness that came out of Pouncey's mouth?

Ok
    It doesn't matter, he's still expressing himself and a lot of people find it offensive.
    Did you read Pouncey's twitter posts? He isn't just "expressing himself." Instead, immediately following a loss, before he even makes it to the plane, he's promoting a rapper using terms that are objectively offensive.

If you choose to be subjectively offended by what Tebow says, fine. But there is simply no comparison. Furthermore, you cannot question Tebow's dedication to his team and his will to win -- unfortunately, now, you can't really same the same about Pouncey.
    Excellent points phillyesq. I got blasted when I came out and questioned Pouncy leaving a game over flu like symptoms. But really how many think Ben would have done that? I was worried about Pouncey's character. And now after missing another big game due to what he himself was quoted as calling "soreness" in his ankle, and his recent behavior on twitter, I think it is evident that he does have a character/maturity issue.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Pro Bowler

So b/c he tweeted about a rapper after the game, he was faking his injury? Because that's what was implied by some of these fans. I think anyone who thinks he sat out of the Super Bowl last year because he doesn't care is a complete moron.

I also find it hilarious that everyone of those punks who responded to Pouncey are cowards who wouldn't have the balls to question his manhood to his face.

You do realize he was held out by the medical staff and coaches. He played on a bum leg the entire game the week before. Do you think he played the browns and just suddenly decided he rather be on the sidelines for the playoffs. Absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    So b/c he tweeted about a rapper after the game, he was faking his injury? Because that's what was implied by some of these fans. I think anyone who thinks he sat out of the Super Bowl last year because he doesn't care is a complete moron.

I also find it hilarious that everyone of those punks who responded to Pouncey are cowards who wouldn't have the balls to question his manhood to his face.

You do realize he was held out by the medical staff and coaches. He played on a bum leg the entire game the week before. Do you think he played the browns and just suddenly decided he rather be on the sidelines for the playoffs. Absurd.
    Ghost, I have never once implied that. I just expect NFL players, who make the money they make, play hurt. Injured is a different story. Flu like symptoms and soreness in an ankle for what is at stake I think should be sucked up. Especially when the teams QB is putting his neck on the line while being hurt.

He was held out by them because of what he told them. What do you think Ben says every time he is hurt? "I'm fine" is my guess. Then you see Troy Polamalu standing on the sideline with his helmet on trying to get back in a game after a concussion. Now I am not saying I want guys with concussions back in a game but do you see the difference in mentality?

Pro Bowler

Like I said, no matter what, it's still just a person expressing himself. Saying rude things offends some people and being an over zealous Christian offends others.

Oh and for those saying Pouncey is a wuss, there is a chance he needs surgery on his ankle.

Ghost, I have never once implied that. I just expect NFL players, who make the money they make, play hurt. Injured is a different story. Flu like symptoms and soreness in an ankle for what is at stake I think should be sucked up. Especially when the teams QB is putting his neck on the line while being hurt.
    Even after you found out the severity of his illness, you still called him out. You simply have anti-Pouncey agenda.
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Pro Bowler

Irony...it's what's for dinner. You're implying it right now with this post.

It wasn't flu like symptoms. You continue to phrase it this way because it makes your made up story better even though the Pittsburgh doctors and his own teammates have publically stated differently.

Same with the ankle. He mentioned it being sore (I'm guessing it was since its a serious injury) and you've turned it into he should have sucked up a very minor twinge, which isn't at all what it was.

Do you really believe the Pittsburgh Steelers as a collective group didn't make the decision on who was best suited to block 300 lb men for 60 minutes in Denver? Really?

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    So, Pouncey can't say whats on his mind, but Tebow can shove his Tebowing down the throats of football fans without a problem?
    You dont see the difference in what Tebow says and what Pouncey said? The goodness that comes out of Tebow's mouth about love, forgiveness, and his thanksgivings for the source of his strength as opposed to the bitter, ugliness that came out of Pouncey's mouth?

Ok
    It doesn't matter, he's still expressing himself and a lot of people find it offensive.
    Did you read Pouncey's twitter posts? He isn't just "expressing himself." Instead, immediately following a loss, before he even makes it to the plane, he's promoting a rapper using terms that are objectively offensive.

If you choose to be subjectively offended by what Tebow says, fine. But there is simply no comparison. Furthermore, you cannot question Tebow's dedication to his team and his will to win -- unfortunately, now, you can't really same the same about Pouncey.

I guess success has went to Pouncey's head.

Where is the humble guy everyone talked about? Really i am disappointed in Pouncey. Hopefully Steelers FO talk some sense to this kid.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

...........Oh and for those saying Pouncey is a wuss, there is a chance he needs surgery on his ankle.
    Maybe...but that option has played out a thousands times over the years for many players in the NFL. Many of the old school players would not have hesitated to play in a playoff game regardless of the possibility of surgery in the off season. In fact they use to say that is what the off season is for. Healing, repairs, surgery. Some like Jack Youngblood played in a super bowl game with a broken leg. Then he chose to play in a voluntary game (pro bowl), after that before he chose to get surgery. He played for the love of the game and for moments that may never come back around.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Even after you found out the severity of his illness, you still called him out. You simply have anti-Pouncey agenda.
    No not at all. I love him as a football player. He's probably the best center in the league.