Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Uh-Oh! Remember my thoughts on Pouncey?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Uh-Oh! Remember my thoughts on Pouncey?

Quote Originally Posted by JAR

So, because Tebow is constantly shown praying, it makes him a better person than Pouncey just because he used a 'few' words that people don't like?
    See nobody is asking who is a better person, for some reason someone brought Tebow up and things he does and they compared it to be more insulting than what Pouncey said, and like the last million pages of this article said, Tebow does nothing more than what Polamalu does on every play or what some players do before they get interviewed which is thank Jesus. It is not his fault that BSPN wants to mike him up for everything, what are they suppose to say to him, "tim make sure you do not sing religious songs or say anything with Jesus in it".

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609

So, because Tebow is constantly shown praying, it makes him a better person than Pouncey just because he used a 'few' words that people don't like?
    See nobody is asking who is a better person, for some reason someone brought Tebow up and things he does and they compared it to be more insulting than what Pouncey said, and like the last million pages of this article said, Tebow does nothing more than what Polamalu does on every play or what some players do before they get interviewed which is thank Jesus. It is not his fault that BSPN wants to mike him up for everything, what are they suppose to say to him, "tim make sure you do not sing religious songs or say anything with Jesus in it".
    Yes, it's the reason the thread was started, the OP is insinuating that Pouncey is a problem because he decided to express his feelings on Twitter. That is the entire reason I brought in Tebow. What he does on national TV is fine to some, because they feel if you're a God fearing Christian, well, dagnubbit, you're a good old boy. But if by chance, you express yourself in other ways, you're well, a thug.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    As Chadman suspected, many are mistaking the reason the Tebow comparison was made with some percieved dislike for Tim Tebow. Chadman suggests you read the reason for the comparison again.

It's not an anti-Tebow thread, until some on here percieved it to be.
    Chad, really? It started out with the intent as you suggest but it definitely went down the anti-Tebow path with several posters i.e. "Tebow is ramming his religion down our throats..." You even suggested his Tebowing has ulterior motives.

Neither you nor I can truly know his heart. You lean on the skeptical side and I like to believe his reasons have nothing to do with the camera being on him. I think we all could learn a lot from a guy like him. As others have pointed out he is a refreshing change from today's typical rich, young athlete.

Kind of like when my father in law told us quite a few years ago that we should start going to church and then in his next move, he went on a racially slurred tirade.
    JAR, I can see how the "religion" of others, like your father in law's example has turned you off. Having that kind of example would taint my perspective as well.

Many times people who profess their faith but do not back it up with how they live are the biggest reasons why others do not want to share that faith.

your right, the thing that drives me crazy is when I am in the gym and I see a bunch of guys wearing cut offs and they have big crosses tatoos on their arms while at the same time they are using the F word at every chance, talking about people they hate, talking about all the girls working out and how much they would like to bang them and on and on, and I am not fabricating this...Drives me crazy...
    Jesus probably dropped F bombs in his day.

For all we know, Pouncey is more religious than Tebow. Religion has nothing to do with professing your faith.

In secular terms, church is a therapist for people that costs them 10% of their salary vs their $10-25 copay. It costs more cause we need more therapy.

The people that have the most faith are typically the biggest F ups on the planet. And that traces back to Biblical times with the transformation of Saul to Paul.

So if you're a non Christian irritated by Christians, don't be. You're probably the better person than we are and you don't have the issues we do. Jesus would be irritated with 99.999% of Christians. Seriously you probably share more in common with him than most church goers.

Ultimately, I think God and religion is about easing our fear of death. And these discussions get a little crazy and people get emotional cause deep down we all fear death to some degree.

And sometimes when I hear religious discussions, I see hear the Christian argument as I'm not afraid to die any more and I don't want you to have that fear either. And then I hear the secular side saying how can you be so confident in that BS made up fairy tale?

Whatever your thoughts on religion - for or against it, they are probably reasonable. And I suspect both sides of the argument have good intentions. So we're all good here. As good as we can be.

And take comfort in knowing you're all better off than your pal Flippy

That part's obvious

Legend

User Info Menu

Flip, I think I'm ahead of you when it comes to sinning. And it's true, that comes irrespective of religion. Check out Jesus' words to the Pharisees (the most religious people of their day).

You made some good points in your post......But I'm sorry, no matter how hard I try, I just can't see Jesus "dropping F-bombs"!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Wow, just read this article on the Broncos' QB. How dare he shove his religion down our throats like this? How dare he not celebrate his victory over the Steelers? Instead he spends time after the press conference visiting with a very sick young girl and her mother. He really offends me!

Remember last week, when the world was pulling its hair out in the hour after Tebow had stunned the Pittsburgh Steelers with an 80-yard OT touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas in the playoffs? And Twitter was exploding with 9,420 tweets about Tebow per second? When an ESPN poll was naming him the most popular athlete in America?Tebow was spending that hour talking to 16-year-old Bailey Knaub about her 73 surgeries so far and what TV shows she likes.

"Here he'd just played the game of his life," recalls Bailey's mother, Kathy, of Loveland, Colo., "and the first thing he does after his press conference is come find Bailey and ask, 'Did you get anything to eat?' He acted like what he'd just done wasn't anything, like it was all about Bailey."
    [url]http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455943/believing-tim-tebow[/url]
    No wonder people can't stand the guy. If only he'd celebrated his win by getting drunk and smashing his car up, then maybe they could stomach him a bit.
    hell if he'd have watched three people stab her to death, commentators would be lining Tebow up for the HOF and he'd be racking up mysterious "tackles" after every play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    As Chadman suspected, many are mistaking the reason the Tebow comparison was made with some percieved dislike for Tim Tebow. Chadman suggests you read the reason for the comparison again.

It's not an anti-Tebow thread, until some on here percieved it to be.
    Chad, really? It started out with the intent as you suggest but it definitely went down the anti-Tebow path with several posters i.e. "Tebow is ramming his religion down our throats..." You even suggested his Tebowing has ulterior motives.

Neither you nor I can truly know his heart. You lean on the skeptical side and I like to believe his reasons have nothing to do with the camera being on him. I think we all could learn a lot from a guy like him. As others have pointed out he is a refreshing change from today's typical rich, young athlete.
    I disagree with this... I know we are fans and all but I don't need to learn anything from a football player. They live priviledged lifestyles and the amount of money they make puts them in extremely positive or negative situations.

It's great that Tebow decided to be a positive influence but who cares. I just want to watch football. I don't want to be sold on how great he is everytime his name is bright up.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Flip, I think I'm ahead of you when it comes to sinning. And it's true, that comes irrespective of religion. Check out Jesus' words to the Pharisees (the most religious people of their day).

You made some good points in your post......But I'm sorry, no matter how hard I try, I just can't see Jesus "dropping F-bombs"!
    I didn't really mean actual F bombs. I was speaking more metaphorically.

There are loads of stories where he called people out for their crap which I see as a sort of "F bomb" in his era. And it wasn't like he was calling out the meek. He was calling out the people in power. Jesus did get crucified. Clearly he ticked some people off in his day. He was offensive to the society in which he lived.

(And I was half kidding which I am most of the time)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    its just annoying how a millionaire acts like a 10 year old. The excuse of "he is only 22, cut him a break" is ridiculous, he is 22, and collecting more money that most can dream of, he is working for one of the best organizations in the world and his words are not from a lack of maturity, but more from a lack of intelligence. Why do athletes get the pass for being immature, but the everyday guy like myself had a job at 22 and was engaged living a responsible life.
    I just get sick of hearing athletes and celebrities get a pass for their poor decisions because they are too young to understand they made a mistake. If I as a teacher tweeted something like this than I would put my job at risk, and there are other professions that are the same way, using the excuse "I did not mean that, I was not thinking" is not going to work, but I am sure his agent will put together something peachy for him to say and all will be good.
    I'm sure you have never said anything ignorant.
    I knew someone would say this, but yea I guess I have gotten in arguments with my buddies before, or got in an argument with my wife, but have never told anyone to kill themself or bragged to a stranger that I am better than them or they are a nobody. I don't know, I guess my parents raised me correctly.
    Congrats to you. It's good to hear there are people who didn't really have to grow and mature. I know for me...I have said many many things I regret. So, I suppose it's why I am willing to allow him a little room to grow into manhood.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

its just annoying how a millionaire acts like a 10 year old. The excuse of "he is only 22, cut him a break" is ridiculous, he is 22, and collecting more money that most can dream of, he is working for one of the best organizations in the world and his words are not from a lack of maturity, but more from a lack of intelligence. Why do athletes get the pass for being immature, but the everyday guy like myself had a job at 22 and was engaged living a responsible life.
    I just get sick of hearing athletes and celebrities get a pass for their poor decisions because they are too young to understand they made a mistake. If I as a teacher tweeted something like this than I would put my job at risk, and there are other professions that are the same way, using the excuse "I did not mean that, I was not thinking" is not going to work, but I am sure his agent will put together something peachy for him to say and all will be good.
    I'm sure you have never said anything ignorant.

I knew someone would say this, but yea I guess I have gotten in arguments with my buddies before, or got in an argument with my wife, but have never told anyone to kill themself or bragged to a stranger that I am better than them or they are a nobody. I don't know, I guess my parents raised me correctly.
    Congrats to you. It's good to hear there are people who didn't really have to grow and mature. I know for me...I have said many many things I regret. So, I suppose it's why I am willing to allow him a little room to grow into manhood.
    believe me, I am still highly immature, I laugh at farts, I would rather watch a dumb comedy than a educational movie and I love pulling pranks on friends and family, but as far as behavior, I can't stand dumb comments said by people and then trying to hear them say what they meant while their foot is in their mouth.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow, never bragged, never threatened, never regretted what you've said? Chadman has, several times. Guess that means Chadman's parents suck at parenting. Oh well, at least they can console themselves with the thought that they are merely on par with Mr & Mrs Pouncey.

If only Chadman had been raised by the Tebows!

The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE