Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh-Oh! Remember my thoughts on Pouncey?

Pro Bowler

Re: Uh-Oh! Remember my thoughts on Pouncey?

So, Pouncey can't say whats on his mind, but Tebow can shove his Tebowing down the throats of football fans without a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by JAR
    So, Pouncey can't say whats on his mind, but Tebow can shove his Tebowing down the throats of football fans without a problem?
    You dont see the difference in what Tebow says and what Pouncey said? The goodness that comes out of Tebow's mouth about love, forgiveness, and his thanksgivings for the source of his strength as opposed to the bitter, ugliness that came out of Pouncey's mouth?

Ok
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Pouncey's post promoting the rapper was made at 8:44 p.m. Less than an hour after the game ended.

Here are some of the egregious comments to which he responded:

jbrad29 jason bradburn
    @ @Probowler53 glad u care about the loss. #typical
    Favorite Retweet Reply stevegiglio Steve Giglio
    @Probowler53 ... Dude? What are you doing? The game just ended and you tweet that? Kids read this stuff. Get your head right!
    8 Jan Favorite Retweet Reply
    stevegiglio Steve Giglio
    Count on it! Thanks for caring. RT @Probowler53: @stevegiglio I will idiot!! You enjoy your lame life!!
    stevegiglio Steve Giglio
    Clearly he doesn't get it and I doubt he will. lol
    stevegiglio Steve Giglio
    @ @Probowler53 ... Go sell some more t-shirts big man. Enjoy the Pro Bowl! SMH!
    MaurkicePouncey Maurkice Pouncey
    @ @stevegiglio season is over time 2 move on and get better!! What do u do for a living besides bothering me right now and reading my TL #lame
    Retweeted by @stevegiglio
    stevegiglio Steve Giglio
    @Probowler53 ... Check your timeline before you get snippy with fans. Wanna explain the profane tweet right after the loss?
    stevegiglio Steve Giglio
    Somebody needs better hanger-on's for their IT department. Find some pro's to handle your business fellas. #Advice @MGilbert76 @Probowler53
    stevegiglio Steve Giglio
    I guess @MGilbert76 uses the same IT morons? cc: @Probowler53 ... real disappointed fellas!
    Rick_D00Va Rick Duva
    @Probowler53 Go see Dermonti Dawson or Mike Webster. They knew how to play center.
    Rick_D00Va Rick Duva
    @Probowler53 See you in the pro bowl. Not the super bowl. Where it matters.
    Rick_D00Va Rick Duva
    @Probowler53 Your rich with confidence and yet you dont play in any games that matter. Yet promote a rapper in your down time. Smh
    Rick_D00Va Rick Duva
    @Probowler53 UMAD bro?
    Rick_D00Va Rick Duva
    @jimrome your a clown and @probowler53 you should be ashamed promoting a rapper after you sat out yet ANOTHER huge game we lost.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    You dont see the difference in what Tebow says and what Pouncey said? The goodness that comes out of Tebow's mouth about love, forgiveness, and his thanksgivings for the source of his strength as opposed to the bitter, ugliness that came out of Pouncey's mouth?

Ok
    It doesn't matter, he's still expressing himself and a lot of people find it offensive.

One thing that is particularly galling is that Pouncey has been too dumb to remove the inflammatory posts. They're still on his twitter account. Not sure what he's waiting for, but he should delete them immediately.

Legend

What a goober. Some of the fan comments were funny. Glad I don't have a 53 jersey.

Really JAR? How does Tebow do that? You may not share his beliefs but at least be reasonable in your criticism. IMO there is a huge difference between Pouncey's tweets and Tebow giving thanks.

Twitter is useless and stupid.

If something a professional athlete has to say in 140 characters or less bothers you in some way, that is more of a reflection on you than it is on them.

That's like getting riled up about an ignorant message board post.

And, no, I don't see the difference Tebow and Pouncey. Both players have every right to express themselves...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

Ok
    It doesn't matter, he's still expressing himself and a lot of people find it offensive.
    Did you read Pouncey's twitter posts? He isn't just "expressing himself." Instead, immediately following a loss, before he even makes it to the plane, he's promoting a rapper using terms that are objectively offensive.

If you choose to be subjectively offended by what Tebow says, fine. But there is simply no comparison. Furthermore, you cannot question Tebow's dedication to his team and his will to win -- unfortunately, now, you can't really same the same about Pouncey.

Everyone has the right to speak their mind but if it is offensive then, your going to usually get the ear beating about it.

I think twitter/facebook is all about, look at me type of stuff. People feel the need to brag or just have no life.

The guys is a public figure that represents his team and the owners, he should be smarter with his recoil.

I can't believe anyone wants to compare Pouncey to Tebow. If you can't see the diffeence then................ I really don't know what to even say to that.