Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was Tim Tebow's game-winning touchdown pas

Pro Bowler

Re: Was Tim Tebow's game-winning touchdown pas

The fact the Steelers were even in OT against Denver is a ton more sickening than this non-call that should not have been called.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    The fact the Steelers were even in OT against Denver is a ton more sickening than this non-call that should not have been called.

+1
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

It's a non-call that should have been called, but wasn't. It happens a lot.

Tomlin's first playoff loss against Jacksonville had one as well, so I don't want to hear about the Steelers "getting all the calls".
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick

Tomlin's first playoff loss against Jacksonville had one as well, so I don't want to hear about the Steelers "getting all the calls".
    well then you need to live in a bubble... it's what fans do and most fans think we get all the calls just like we think the Pats get all the calls or Goodell loves the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    well then you need to live in a bubble... it's what fans do and most fans think we get all the calls just like we think the Pats get all the calls or Goodell loves the Ravens.
    I don't necessarily need to live in a bubble. I know that most fans are homers and full of crap so I don't take it to heart. Just like I don't give a crap about what players say on their Twitter accounts....
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Some fans will evidently need to look for a different excuse:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 75952.html

"An NFL spokesman said the Denver Broncos did not use an illegal formation on the play that ended the Steelers' season last Sunday.

A published report had questioned whether the Broncos had enough men on the line of scrimmage prior to Demaryius Thomas` 80-yard catch-and-run for a touchdown. But NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league has already reviewed the play and that officials were right in not penalizing the Broncos for an illegal formation.

The Broncos` formation had been a non-issue with the Steelers even before the league said Denver did not commit a penalty on the final play of their 29-23 win last Sunday.

"That`s not going to give us the win and send us to New England," cornerback William Gay said when asked about the report that the Broncos used an illegal formation. "They scored a touchdown bottom line. Their receiver made a good play."

"They still made a play, no matter what the formation," Steelers guard Trai Essex said.
    Wide receiver Antonio Brown, like Gay and Essex, shrugged off questions about how the Broncos had lined up on the first and only play of overtime.

"They still made a play no matter what the formation is," Brown said. "We still got beat."

Read more: Denver did not use illegal formation on final play - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... z1j61PGuTN
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh
    Tim Tebow kicked our a55es...bottom line. I don't think a player being lined up one foot back from the line was the reason Ike allowed the WR inside positioning.

and

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLL

If that's the case, then I want an apology at the very least for the bogus Illegal Formation penalty in the 2007 Atlanta game.

Not that I carry grudges...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick

That jacksonville one was even worse 'cause mike peoria (sp. = whatever) came out and apologized that they missed a blatant hold on deebo during their qb's game-clinching scramble. I almost wish he wouldn't have aplogized cause it hurt more for me having the league basically say, "We are sorry Steelers. You should still be playing and have a good opportunity to play in, and win, the super bowl. But our ref changed the outcome of your game by allowing the other team to rule-break without consequence. We are sorry BUT we aren't going to do anything to address it like hire full time refs or hold them accountable (i.e. fine them) for costly mistakes like we do the players and coaches. Good luck next year though!"