Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

  1. #11

    Re: Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk
    Tebow is possibly the best athlete in the world right now.
    What the fcku are you smoking? You mean to tell me he's better than every athlete in every sport on the planet? You can't be serious.

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,357

    Re: Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

    Tebow isn't "special"

    He is a great football player and a below average QB.

    people talk about this guy like he walks on water. He isn't the first half decent QB to win a playoff game or make our D look azzz.

    Everything is over the top with this guy... when he wins he is the best thing ever... when he loses he is the worst thing on the planet.

    I get it, he is great for business but geeez... the kid is basically a Mark Sanchez with some muscles and Jesus juice..

    Lady Gaga tweeting about Tebow? The whole CBS crew doing the Tebow after the game? It's too much. I know it's ushering in a new group of fans but I can't take the "finally a guy I can cheer for" nonsense.

    In 5 years they will tear him down once he reaches his apex and there isn't anymore to milk from the religious angle.

    I'm still mad.

  3. #13

    Re: Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    but I'll bet that Kordell would like it if Tebow did...

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,673

    Re: Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

    Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    No matter what you may say about Tebow's QB skills, the guy has high football character. His greatest strength is his competitive fire... I'd liken it to Ray Lewis/Peezy/etc. Just a high high motor. I think Kordell and Tebow are pretty comparable. I GUARANTEE Tebow's eventual downfall will be that the pounding he takes running the ball will effectively make him a bald tire LONG before QB usually falter. Think of your hard-running RBs like Marion Barber, Earl Campbell, Barry Foster, etc. down the line. It's simply not possible to take the pounding that RBs do, and sustain a long career. And when he does get the: e.g. high ankle sprain that Ben has, what is he going to do? His bad passing skills will be highlighted... and the injuries will compound (i.e. you don't get injured less as you age). When the injuries do mount, he will be forced to rely on his passing skills, and frankly--he will fail.

    BTW, that's not hate.
    Did he take more big hits than Ben did last night? He isn't exactly running between the tackles for 20 plays a game, and being that he seems to be in good shape and not out drinking after games I disagree with your guarantee. His health won't be the reason if he fails to stay an NFL QB for more than a couple of years.
    I promise you, that is the reason he won't make it in this league. You know why Mike Vick never became anything in this league? Injuries. You know why? Because he takes too many hits, and that takes a toll on a body. I don't know what you mean about who took more hits last night between Ben and Tebow... what the hell does that have to do with anything? (And for the record, Tebow probably took more hits anyway. Count his runs.)

    Mike Vick was also spectacular as a young guy, running around like a comet. What happened? He's now whatever age he is... he no longer has that dimension. (He still can run, but not like he did.) A BIG part of why is because his live, supple 22-year old body is no longer that. It's now an aging 30-something that can't take hit after hit and be fresh as a daisy. Tebow will realize this someday soon, and when he does, his passing skills (or lack thereof) will only be highlighted.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.

  5. #15

    Re: Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    No matter what you may say about Tebow's QB skills, the guy has high football character. His greatest strength is his competitive fire... I'd liken it to Ray Lewis/Peezy/etc. Just a high high motor. I think Kordell and Tebow are pretty comparable. I GUARANTEE Tebow's eventual downfall will be that the pounding he takes running the ball will effectively make him a bald tire LONG before QB usually falter. Think of your hard-running RBs like Marion Barber, Earl Campbell, Barry Foster, etc. down the line. It's simply not possible to take the pounding that RBs do, and sustain a long career. And when he does get the: e.g. high ankle sprain that Ben has, what is he going to do? His bad passing skills will be highlighted... and the injuries will compound (i.e. you don't get injured less as you age). When the injuries do mount, he will be forced to rely on his passing skills, and frankly--he will fail.

    BTW, that's not hate.
    Did he take more big hits than Ben did last night? He isn't exactly running between the tackles for 20 plays a game, and being that he seems to be in good shape and not out drinking after games I disagree with your guarantee. His health won't be the reason if he fails to stay an NFL QB for more than a couple of years.
    I promise you, that is the reason he won't make it in this league. You know why Mike Vick never became anything in this league? Injuries. You know why? Because he takes too many hits, and that takes a toll on a body. I don't know what you mean about who took more hits last night between Ben and Tebow... what the hell does that have to do with anything? (And for the record, Tebow probably took more hits anyway. Count his runs.)

    Mike Vick was also spectacular as a young guy, running around like a comet. What happened? He's now whatever age he is... he no longer has that dimension. (He still can run, but not like he did.) A BIG part of why is because his live, supple 22-year old body is no longer that. It's now an aging 30-something that can't take hit after hit and be fresh as a daisy. Tebow will realize this someday soon, and when he does, his passing skills (or lack thereof) will only be highlighted.
    My point was Ben took bigger hits than Tebow did. Tebow may lower his shoulder, but he protects himself pretty well when he runs. Also by running the option style offense that they run he is normally only getting hit by the man who has QB responsibilty, so normally he knows where the hit is coming from, as opposed to Vick who just scrambles and can take a hit from any direction, or Ben who while buying time will normally get hit with a blind shot. I'm not saying Tebow won't get injured, but with the offense he runs and with his size and physicality I don't see injuries playing a role in him not being an NFL QB. That being said, if he fails to improve as a passer then I could see his career as a QB being shortened. So I guess we can agree to disagree.

  6. #16

    Re: Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    but I'll bet that Kordell would like it if Tebow did...
    This thread is just begging for an appearance by Queerbait.

  7. #17
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,644

    Re: Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

    I would have taken Tebow as a QB and Kordell as a WR. Kordell had unbelievable hands and I believe he could have been a multi-year pro bowler at the WR position.

    He was too stubborn and stupid to aknowledge that because he wanted to be a QB instead.

  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,357

    Re: Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

    Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    I would have taken Tebow as a QB and Kordell as a WR. Kordell had unbelievable hands and I believe he could have been a multi-year pro bowler at the WR position.

    He was too stubborn and stupid to aknowledge that because he wanted to be a QB instead.
    Kordell's break out season was pretty damn good.... if we catered to Kordell's strengths he would've been a good QB.

    Kordell was a much better passer than Tebow... and that's not saying much because outside of the deep sideline wobble pass I haven't seen Tebow come anywhere close to a WR.

    Did you see the pass that Troy almost intercepted in the endzone when they called Deebo for roughing the passer?

    They showed it in slow motion and it looked like a meteor... by the time it got to Troy it looked like an Aussie punt.

  9. #19

    Re: Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    He throws a real nice deep ball. Keep all his receivers' routes longer than 25 yards and he could be really good.
    Maybe we can ship Bruce Arians over to them, because that is his bread and butter

  10. #20

    Re: Tebow couldn't hold Kordells jock strap

    Quote Originally Posted by LouSteel
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    He throws a real nice deep ball. Keep all his receivers' routes longer than 25 yards and he could be really good.
    Maybe we can ship Bruce Arians over to them, because that is his bread and butter

    Ship 'em Arians! If necessary, throw in Kemoeatu as a freebie, just to take BA off our hands!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •