PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

Re: Goodell tore Decker's ACL

[quote=Wilkinsburg]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkinsburg
    Quote Originally Posted by "Eddie Spaghetti":3b7rin3m
    no sympathy for decker whatsoever.

the league forced james to do this.
    Dumb comment, dude. This is the NFL's fault, not Deckers. However, didn't James Harrison say this exact thing, "People's knees are gonna get blown out?"
    can you read?
    Yes, I can read. So if Wallace's knee got blown out last night...would you have no sympathy for him because of the league rules?[/quote:3b7rin3m]

nope.

however, you shouldn't confuse james with every other player in the league as he has clearly been targeted. Obviously james wouldn't be forced to go low on a teammate. I sympathize with harrison here, as he has been forced into a very difficult situation. NFL football isn't played in a vacuum. Big men running really fast tend to crash into each other.

you guys wanna bet if there is a rash of knee injuries to those high named profile WR's next year that they won't change the rules in the middle of the year?

Could you imagine what football would look after that?

Yeah maybe i am wrong but Defenses adjust...that's what they do. Target will get lower and blown knees will become prevalent.

You know how the NFL will respond to that. NBC and Florio will have a big cow fit on Sunday night football after 7 WR's go down to season ending knee injuries...and here comes King Roger to the rescue.

brothervad

Hall of Famer

I do feel bad for Decker. I'm sure if asked, he'd rather have been hit high. He seems to be an innocent victim of Goodell's policies.

Pro Bowler

You can think the hit was legal and 100% clean and also feel bad for Decker. Not mutually exclusive. I feel bad his season is over while his team still plays and he may have a long recovery ahead of him. But that's the risk playing in the NFL.

Pro Bowler

Remember the days when people actually lowered their shoulder and wrapped up?
    Tackling is a lost art in todays NFL.

Elway links Harrison’s fines to Decker’s MCL sprain

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 10, 2012

After racking up fines and a suspension for repeated hits to opponents’ heads, Steelers linebacker James Harrison did exactly what the league office has been urging him to do on Sunday: He lowered his target when making a hit.

The result was a hard shot to Broncos receiver Eric Decker’s knee, resulting in an MCL sprain that will likely keep him out of Saturday’s playoff game at New England. And Broncos V.P. of Football Operations John Elway links the injury to Decker’s knee with the deductions from Harrison’s paychecks.

“The target is now lower,” Elway said on 102.3 FM in Denver on Monday, via USA Today. “Harrison yesterday, because of the fact that he’s been fined so often, really had no other option. . . . I don’t think he intended to hurt Eric. But obviously because of the situations he’s been in, he had to go low and stay away from the head. And it ended up costing an MCL sprain for Eric.”

Elway’s comments point to one of the problems a lot of players have had with the NFL’s emphasis on decreasing helmet-to-helmet hits: If you’re not hitting your opponent high, you have to hit him low. And low hits often put players out of commission a long longer than high hits. Fortunately for Decker, what looked like an ugly knee injury turned out to be a relatively minor one.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... cl-sprain/

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad
    So let me get this straight...

accoridng to the media, you can't aim high and you can't aim low.

So the only place you can tackle is the strike zone in baseball.
    Exactly...all tackles must be in the strike zone.

Why? It's obvious...they all must be strikes...because the league has no balls!!!

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Elway: Harrison 'had no other option' but to tackle Decker low

NFL.com Wire Reports
    Published: Jan. 10, 2012

Whether he goes high or low, James Harrison has trouble escaping his critics, but he's found an unlikely defender in Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway.

After the Steelers linebacker tackled Eric Decker at the knees in Sunday's wild-card thriller -- resulting in a sprained knee for the Broncos wideout -- Elway pointed out that Harrison was making an effort to play according to revised NFL rules cracking down on helmet-to-helmet hits.

"The target is now lower," Elway told KSMT-FM on Monday, via USA Today. "Harrison yesterday, because of the fact that he's been fined so often, really had no other option. ... I don't think he intended to hurt Eric. But obviously because of the situations he's been in, he had to go low and stay away from the head. And it ended up costing an MCL sprain for Eric."

Harrison received a one-game suspension for his illegal helmet-to-helmet hit on Browns quarterback Colt McCoy this season, after knocking out Browns wide receivers Mohamed Massaquoi and Josh Cribbs with concussions last season -- hits that resulted in hefty fines for the All-Pro linebacker.

Decker, ruled day-to-day for Saturday's divisional playoff meeting with the New England Patriots, is a huge part of the Broncos' passing game, leading the team in receptions (44), receiving yards (612) and touchdowns (.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack

Hall of Famer

High or low...James Harrison hits HARD!
    He is a Steeler to the core.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.