Thread: Frustration and a matter of perspective

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Frustration and a matter of perspective

I am frustrated by the game yesterday. This game worried me because our offense was suffering since the first Cleveland game.

Why did this game worry me so?

Ben’s great asset is his huge athletic advantage at his size. We all know that Ben is not a cerebral quarterback in the mantle of Brady or Brees (I think this is why Rodgers is so dangerous, he’s both). He scares teams with his ability to evade the rush and throw some unbelievable passes while evading pressure.

Once his ankle got injured, it eliminated his ability to “be” Ben. Teams didn’t have to fear him escaping the pocket and using his greatest asset. This is obvious to most people.
    However, Arians and Ben do not think like most people. This is the source of my frustration from yesterday. The Broncos were not scared of Ben’s abilities yesterday. They knew Ben is not a pocket passer and that’s what he had to become when he hurt his ankle.

The inability to coordinate an effective offense falls squarely and equally on Ben and Arians together. This is their offense. Arians calls the plays and designs the offense around what Ben likes to do.

Ariaroethlisbergans is like Al Davis. They love the long ball. They are seduced by the long ball. The problem is that the modern NFL is like a chess game. You have to be thinking 5 steps ahead while you are calling the current plays. Ariaroethlisbergans has no ability to do this. They think only of getting huge chunks of yards at a time and think only in the instant play how to get this done.

They can make average defenses look great, and when Ben is not injured make good defenses look silly. But they cannot sustain drives when forced to march.
    What is the solution? STOP CODDLING ROETHLISBERGER!

This is probably the biggest difference between Brady and Ben. Brady loves to be coached hard. Ben wants what he wants. That’s why he never liked Whiz. Whiz coached him hard and it made Ben cry. Ben is arrogant and we all know that. Arians is not the guy to get in Ben’s grill; he gives the man what he wants. That’s why Ben loves Arians. I never thought I would say this, but…….

FIRE ARIANS! Do it before Ben loses his prime and becomes so much like Donovan Mcnabb. Do whatever the hell it takes to transform this offensive line and go back to an amazing running game with play action. Do whatever the hell it takes to get an NFL offense back in Pittsburgh.

How many of us would love to have the creativity we see out of Denver, New England, New Orleans, and even Detroit for crying out loud? Stop letting Ariaroethlisbergans dictate this offense Mike Tomlin! Grow a ****ing pair Colbertomlin!
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Frustration and a matter of perspective

Now that my rant is over, it’s time for a matter of perspective.

We all know that Sapp was partially right. Our defense was old, slow, and partially over. It is apparent that old players get injured more. It’s obvious this defense can’t make it together for another year. Too much aging, too many injuries will happen. It’s time to move on.

This team should look much different next year. The following players though loved in most cases, should be gone:

Hampton, Farrior, Aaron Smith, Chris Hoke, Chris Kemoeatu, Hines Ward, Mendenhall, Memo

In each case they have a player at their position that is better, equivalent and/or younger than them.

The following players should be looked at as possible goners as well:

Ryan Clark, Larry Foote, Max Starks

Through Free Agency and the draft the following positions have to be addressed:
    OT, OG, FS, ILB, and NT.

I like our young corners potential and I like how they are getting coached now.

Our biggest need is to do whatever the hell it takes to fix the offensive line and get rid of Ben’s Arian crutch.

With that I am advocating that we do what seems unthinkable. Franchise Wallace and trade him for a high pick in this draft. I like the combo of Brown, Sanders, Cotchery just fine. We can add a fourth receiver in the draft or FA.

Oh well, just the ranting of a mad Steelers fan. Take it for the **** that it is worth.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob
    I am frustrated by the game yesterday. This game worried me because our offense was suffering since the first Cleveland game.

Ben’s great asset is his huge athletic advantage at his size. We all know that Ben is not a cerebral quarterback in the mantle of Brady or Brees (I think this is why Rodgers is so dangerous, he’s both). He scares teams with his ability to evade the rush and throw some unbelievable passes while evading pressure.

Once his ankle got injured, it eliminated his ability to “be” Ben. Teams didn’t have to fear him escaping the pocket and using his greatest asset. This is obvious to most people.
    However, Arians and Ben do not think like most people. This is the source of my frustration from yesterday. The Broncos were not scared of Ben’s abilities yesterday. They knew Ben is not a pocket passer and that’s what he had to become when he hurt his ankle.

The inability to coordinate an effective offense falls squarely and equally on Ben and Arians together. This is their offense. Arians calls the plays and designs the offense around what Ben likes to do.

Ariaroethlisbergans is like Al Davis. They love the long ball. They are seduced by the long ball. The problem is that the modern NFL is like a chess game. You have to be thinking 5 steps ahead while you are calling the current plays. Ariaroethlisbergans has no ability to do this. They think only of getting huge chunks of yards at a time and think only in the instant play how to get this done.

They can make average defenses look great, and when Ben is not injured make good defenses look silly. But they cannot sustain drives when forced to march.

This is probably the biggest difference between Brady and Ben. Brady loves to be coached hard. Ben wants what he wants. That’s why he never liked Whiz. Whiz coached him hard and it made Ben cry. Ben is arrogant and we all know that. Arians is not the guy to get in Ben’s grill; he gives the man what he wants. That’s why Ben loves Arians. I never thought I would say this, but…….

FIRE ARIANS! Do it before Ben loses his prime and becomes so much like Donovan Mcnabb. Do whatever the hell it takes to transform this offensive line and go back to an amazing running game with play action. Do whatever the hell it takes to get an NFL offense back in Pittsburgh.

How many of us would love to have the creativity we see out of Denver, New England, New Orleans, and even Detroit for crying out loud? Stop letting Ariaroethlisbergans dictate this offense Mike Tomlin! Grow a bad word pair Colbertomlin!
    And it took you HOW long to come to this revelation?

Backup

User Info Menu

How many of us would love to have the creativity we see out of Denver, New England, New Orleans, and even Detroit for crying out loud? Stop letting Ariaroethlisbergans dictate this offense Mike Tomlin! Grow a bad word pair Colbertomlin!
    Bravo good sir !Bravo !

That post is spot on.The extremely frustrating part is that we all know ben has all the physical tools. But he has to do it "his way" and Arians coddles him.This offense could be SOOO much better than it is.

And at the end of the day , this comes back to Tomlin. he has to be honest about the situation and realize putting up big numbers is no big deal anymore. The NFL is designed for huge offesive numbers now.Watch the Pack , Pats and Saints this week. Our talent on offense is comparable and our offense looks NOTHING like theirs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar

Didn't say it was brilliant insight. Just my ranting opinion.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh! But it is brilliant. I guess my surprise is that it seems to have taken you a while to figure this out. Some of us have been on to this for quite sometime and have expressed these sentiments as well. However to much Roethlisber fan abuse...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh! But it is brilliant. I guess my surprise is that it seems to have taken you a while to figure this out. Some of us have been on to this for quite sometime and have expressed these sentiments as well. However to much Roethlisber fan abuse...
    I have known this for a long time as well, I just felt frustrated enough to post about it. Never did before because people have been saying it here and there.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd like to see the Steelers make a lot of the bold changes outlined. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see much of that happening. It would probably take a 6-10 record to get them to do anything close to what you've mentioned. So prepare for more of the same kind of "frustration" you've experienced this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    I'd like to see the Steelers make a lot of the bold changes outlined. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see much of that happening. It would probably take a 6-10 record to get them to do anything close to what you've mentioned. So prepare for more of the same kind of "frustration" you've experienced this season.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    I agree, but it would waste less of Ben's prime to do this. We've all seen teams that try to hold on to vets too long, get in cap purgatory and go through 2 to 3 year rebuilding.

I think we can be competitive next year and make the playoffs with these changes, but I am just a fan. I know that I am not an expert and I do trust Colbert.
    Here comes the BOOM!