Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How's Everyone's Day Going?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Re: How's Everyone's Day Going?

Spent most of my day at work checking out the forums.
    I don't feel too bad.
    Really sick of hearing about Tebow though. Enough allready!

Legend

User Info Menu

Awful. I live in Redskins land and they revel when the Steelers - who are normally extremely succesful - fail.

All I'm hearing today is that the Rapist Roethlisberger got what he deserved from Tebow.

gonna hate

Legend

User Info Menu

My 6 year old wears his Steelers jersey to school every Monday.
    My wife said he wouldn't put it on this morning.
    I dont blame him one bit but he'll never put another teams jersey on for as long as he lives in my house

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wearing my Steelers hoodie today and lots of folks saying stuff like "tough loss" or "I am a Steelers fan too and know how you feel".

One one idiot Clowns fan making jokes and laughing--and this is in Las Vegas and not Cleveland!

Otherwise, I predicted they'd go 12-4 this year and am always a fan through and through.

Looking forward to a good draft this year. Will feel saddened if Hines leaves any way but retirement.

Kindle

Starter

User Info Menu

Being from Connecticut (mostly Pats/Giants/Jets fans) a lot of my coworkers were nice enough not to talk to me about it. There were then those that had to scream at me about being "Tebowed". I have nothing against the kid but the media has made it a circus.

Interestingly enough a lot of my Pats friends were estatic about not having to play Pittsburgh. There is a general concensus that we would lose convincingly to the Pats/Ravens/Packers/Saints by many Steeler fans but the enemy was shocked and relieved not to have to face the Steelers.

Having said all of this guys, the RGL has really changed the game to make it more flashy although they say its about safety.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I had a very good day. I didn't even see the game as I was on my way home from VA, where my brother lay with stage 4 terminal brain cancer. He was upgraded today and taken out of the ICU and told that instead of hours/days, he may have months or more.

While it sucks that the Steelers apparently crapped the bed against a team that should probably not have been in the playoffs- it was a very good day!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pretty much refusing to talk to anyone about the game. I just want to put in away. Had
    a rough time reading all the facebook comments from the browns fans and did a good job
    ignoring them until I finally snapped and came up with something that made me feel a little better.

The Last time the Cleveland Browns won a playoff game...
    1) I was using MS Dos
    2) Tonya Harding was Americas Sweetheart
    3) Yokozuna was the WWF heavyweight champion
    4) Ace of Base topped the charts with The Sign
    5) Joe Camel was telling kids to smoke cigarettes
    6) Gas was $1.16 a gallon
    7) Justin Biebers mom was 6 months pregnant
    8. O.J. Simpson was doing Hertz commercials and Naked Gun movies
    9) NAFTA seemed like a good idea
    10) The Baltimore Ravens were still called the Cleveland Browns

Like Fezziwig said, I'm still happy to be a Steelers fan.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman had a good day. A wonderful day. It was a 'day of revelations'.

You see...it's been a couple of seasons now where we occupy the gameday chatroom, jibbering & jabbering about the game. But it was yesterday that it really struck Chadman....Steelers fans are.. 'whingers'. And not just any old 'whinger', but out & out, blind & oblivious whingers that can't see their own faults! It's brilliant!

Steelers won 12 games- Not good enough- we didn't destroy the opposition.

Steelers made the playoffs again- not good enough- only 6 SB titles.

Injuries have decimated the team, but they keep competing- not good enough, our back-ups of the back-ups should be starter material type players.

Timmons/Woodley/Polamalu/Hampton/Harrison/Wallace/Mendenhall/Starks/Colon/Pouncey etc are busts/hopeless/wastes of oxygen etc.

LeBeau is a bum!

So is Arians!

Probably Tomlin too!

We will lose (2 minutes into the first quarter..)

Down by 1 point... "ugh...hopeless, disgusting, stupid, dumb, terrible, pathetic, trade them all, cut the all, draft a new QB, blah, blah.."

So...after processing all the information...after finally understanding what it was Chadman was seeing...after realising that we all laugh at Ravens/Browns/Eagles/Bengals etc fans for their forum meltdowns, their forum stupidity, their foolishness...

Chadman realised something.....we are like... "them".

ONLY (here's the difference), the Browns/Bengals/Ravens/Eagles etc fans actually have crappy teams, bad records, bad coaches, poor history etc. They...have something to complain about.

We...are just spoiled.

Imagine if we made the playoffs only every other year like the Ravens! Or every other couple of years like the Bengals! Or every other decade like the Browns!

Imagine being THOSE fans!

So Chadman had his 'revelation'.

He won't complain about losing to the Broncos, in the playoffs, with an aging, past it's prime team that has, for a long time, done nothing but make Chadman feel good about the NFL, that played with multiple injuries to KEY players, who never quite clicked all season, but still managed to work their way into the playoffs & a 12-4 record, who had an abysmal TO ratio, but still managed a 12-4 season, a team that REGULARLY produces top quality players from all it's 1st round draft picks (gotta go back to Troy Edwards to find a real 'bust')...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

That said- Chadman is off to be a Browns fan so that he can learn 'perspective'...

The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

I live in Atlanta so I was able to Deflect much of the Madness. Game still burns but not as much today as it did yesterday. We were too banged up to be any real threat and I would have choked on my own Vomit if I had to watch Brady Destroy our defense while our offense continued to be "almost" there..

I am actually okay with being Tebowed. Not happy for him but glad that he is doing it his way and having success with it. Good luck to him, Gotta tip my Steeler hat to the guy.

As for us, We will be okay.. If wallace has any Pride in him he will come back Stronger, determined to give us more than a half a season. Sanders Should work even harder to keep up with the Brown. Crotch I hope we keep, Good bye Ward, thanks for the wonderful awesome memories. Timmons should improve - Heyward Wont be a rookie any more. Hood should be stronger. our new Corners who showed plenty promise should be ready to contribute. Worlids now knows what it takes and should work accordingly..

And next year guys we will actually have a Training camp and OTA's.

We'll be back