Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pass Rush Missing.....

Pass Rush Missing.....

Where the hell was the pass rush.. you cannot give a decent QB time to throw..

Rushing only 4...WTF ...he had time to eat a sandwich back there before he threw the ball
    on some of those long passes.....Take the chance rush 6 or 7....put pressure on a new QB in a big game....

This will be Denver's short victory...they will be destroyed by Brady!!!!
    I agree, with another post we would not have beaten Brady with
    this team......

I thought Ben did great for his injury's.......

Sword

Re: Pass Rush Missing.....

What's even worse is the Broncos were getting lots of pressure by only rushing 3

Ben had much less time to throw than Tebow and they sent less rushers......

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Going forward the Steelers will need to make a decision on how they want to apply pressure in the future. If they want to continue the 'traditional' 3-4 pass rush from the OLB, they'll have to decide if Worilds is a definate pass rush threat, or just a 'guy'. If they want to give him decent time to develop, the Steelers need to find pass rush from elsewhere. Maybe it's time to find either a Ngata style NT or a blitzing, big play ILB to replace Farrior? One or the other may be required. Both might revolutionise Defense in the NFL.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Going forward the Steelers will need to make a decision on how they want to apply pressure in the future. If they want to continue the 'traditional' 3-4 pass rush from the OLB, they'll have to decide if Worilds is a definate pass rush threat, or just a 'guy'. If they want to give him decent time to develop, the Steelers need to find pass rush from elsewhere. Maybe it's time to find either a Ngata style NT or a blitzing, big play ILB to replace Farrior? One or the other may be required. Both might revolutionise Defense in the NFL.
    Or go to the 4-3 and load up with good ready to play defensive linemen out of college versus goin with 2-3 year conversion projects that may or may not work out. Seems to work for the Giants.

You won't revolutionize anything as long as Lebeau is the DC. In his mind hs "baby ain't ugly." Need to to get a feresh perspective and shake things up. A #1 ranking for a defense is meaningless as we saw yesterday. It's just a feel good illusion. The best teams left in the play offs, NE, Green Bay and New Orleans, are in the bottom half of the league in defense.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

are we seriously going to bash the 3-4 and act like the 4-3 is the answer???
    We do this every year
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    We do this every year
    perhaps it's more accurate to say it might be time to consider replacing the steelers version of the 3-4. baltimore has certainly figured out how to neutralize it. cincy will give us fits next year. our pass rush was anemic all year and turnovers were down. is it personnel? is it scheme? most likely a combination of the two. nevertheless, aaron smith is gone. keisel and big snack are on the back side and I'm not sure yet if the guys we drafted to replace them are ready/able to meet the standards. saw some moments this year of potential - but not enough to convince me we're going to be fine.

I hope they explore all options. it's not enough to be #1 in stats but chumps when it counts.

The D-Linemen were probably not instructed to rush Tebow...they were probably told to stop him from running for 1st downs...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe
    We do this every year
    perhaps it's more accurate to say it might be time to consider replacing the steelers version of the 3-4. baltimore has certainly figured out how to neutralize it. cincy will give us fits next year. our pass rush was anemic all year and turnovers were down. is it personnel? is it scheme? most likely a combination of the two. nevertheless, aaron smith is gone. keisel and big snack are on the back side and I'm not sure yet if the guys we drafted to replace them are ready/able to meet the standards. saw some moments this year of potential - but not enough to convince me we're going to be fine.

I hope they explore all options. it's not enough to be #1 in stats but chumps when it counts.
    That would require a defensive coord who is willing to look at all options and see what is not working and replace it with something new or modify what we have. Maybe is is a modified version of the 3-4 ormaybe we realize the complexitty is too much or maybe we go to the 4-3. We don't have the kind of DC who will even consider that. That is all I have been saying for two years and I am labeled a LeBeau hater. We need fresh perspective and we don't need to exclude any option. Our unwillingness to consider change came home to roost yesterday.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

The scheme may have to change, not only to fit the players' abilities, but to fit the current pass happy climate of the NFL...

It was evident yesterday (and most of the season) that, while the younger subs played fairly well (after the second quarter yesterday) perhaps the younger players aren't the 2-gap run stuffers that we have grown accustomed to seeing. Hence, the slippage to 8th in run defense (which is still pretty damn good...top 1/4 of the league).

They may go to more 1-gap schemes for the d-line...
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Pro Bowler

We have had a perennially good defense. They were tops this year statistically. But we were last in turnovers created and our sack total was way down (35). Those are HUGE. Stats were misleading this year. Green Bay has the worst defensive team statistically and they went 15-1! I agree that it is time to shake things up. This defense has gotten a bit stale. With the amount of potential turnover we may have this year, it is time for Tomlin to finally put his stamp on this team? There has been the talk of a switch to a 4-3 every year it seems. If LeBeau does retire, will we finally see a change? Not saying we have the personnel to run a 4-3, but something WAS broke this year, despite our #1 STATISTICAL rating. Paper stats.