Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This Team Needs a Redzone Target/Playmaker Bad!

Re: This Team Needs a Redzone Target/Playmaker Bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    That's a luxury that should take a backseat to o-linemen and secondary.....
    If you think about it, having this type of receiver may actually help an O-line. Why does Ben get sacked so often? More times than not it's because he is holding on to the ball too long. Get him a receiver who can break a jam at the LOS or be able to physically create separation with in the first 5 yards and he will be able to get rid of the ball sooner.

And adding more points on the board will also help the secondary/pass rush on defense.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

IMO, weapons are the last thing this team needs. I think we have an incredibly talented offense that is not utilized right now. Why add another "weapon" that will be under utilized.

Saunders and Heath. Those are 2 good receiving TE.
    Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Crotchery, Ward - Thats a lot of talent at the WR position.
    Mendenhall and Redman. Not great but not bad either. They would be better if we had better guards.

To me, that is plenty of skill to be an effective offense. I blame Ben, Arians and Tomlin.

The only offensive position I hope we draft in the first 3 rounds is a guard.

I hope our FO is thinking proactively and drafts a replacement QB somewhere between the 3rd and 5th rounds. I know some of you think that Ben is going to be here forever but he's not. Especially with the hits this guy takes every game. I don't believe you can continue to play the way he does and it not effect him into his 30's.

Ben has looked like a shell of himself these past 5 or 6 games, even without the injury he just doesn't move like he used to, which naturally comes with the aging process.... I just don't want to be caught with our pants down everytime Ben comes up hobbling... I'm ready for us to find a T.J. Yates

I disagree about Ben...

Remember the Jacksonville game? He took some sacks, but moved around in and out of the pocket like he always does.

When the high ankle sprain heals, he'll move around like himself again.
    I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I agree. I think this is the reason why they went after Plax last offseason. I expect they will try something again to address their redzone problem....settling for FG's will kill you in the playoffs.
    I'm not a fan at all, but Plax could make a lot of sense in that role. He proved this year that he is a below average starting WR at this point in his career but still a threat in the red zone.

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

Isn't Wes Saunders a giant of a TE that had 3 passes thrown to him all season, one of which was a Jordan-esque catch in the EZ for a TD?
    @_Hellgrammite

Yup.. Saunders is a good athlete and he's 6'5.

Arians does NOT know how to utilize the weapons he has at his arsenal. That includes Mendenhall, Redman, Saunders and Heath.

We don't utilize our short passing game options. Ben is quite possibly worst Steelers QB I've ever seen at selling a RB screen. The fat, slow, and lazy OL doesn't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1

Arians does NOT know how to utilize the weapons he has at his arsenal. That includes Mendenhall, Redman, Saunders and Heath.

We don't utilize our short passing game options. Ben is quite possibly worst Steelers QB I've ever seen at selling a RB screen. The fat, slow, and lazy OL doesn't help either.
    Two things, you are not going to get your TE matched up wide for the corner fade, and two neither Saunders nor Miller (even though tall), are not great vertical leapers. This team needs that.

You get this, and I bet it makes Ben a better QB and the O-line better as well. Ben will be able to get rid of the ball a lot quicker more often. Beat a press either wide or inside (slot), and or be able to create separation physically with in the first 5 yards from the LOS is something Ben does not have.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

Two things, you are not going to get your TE matched up wide for the corner fade, and two neither Saunders nor Miller (even though tall), are not great vertical leapers. This team needs that.

You get this, and I bet it makes Ben a better QB and the O-line better as well. Ben will be able to get rid of the ball a lot quicker more often. Beat a press either wide or inside (slot), and or be able to create separation physically with in the first 5 yards from the LOS is something Ben does not have.
    Saunders was a pretty coveted D1 basketball recruit. I think with his size & that knowledge you at least throw a jump ball or two to give it a shot.
    @_Hellgrammite

[quote=Mister Pittsburgh]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":1y31dlrx

Saunders was a pretty coveted D1 basketball recruit. I think with his size & that knowledge you at least throw a jump ball or two to give it a shot.[/quote:1y31dlrx]

You don't absolutely need to have the TE split out wide.

With an average vertical, Saunders can easily be successful in a fade. He's 6'5! You don't need to jump outta the gym to catch a fade especially when your 6'5.

Instead, Arians has a fixation on throwing a fade to Ward. Now thats pure genius.