Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Irony - Ike Will End Up in the Pro Bowl

Legend

User Info Menu

The Irony - Ike Will End Up in the Pro Bowl

At least Ike has a shot to make his first Pro Bowl now.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: The Irony - Ike Will End Up in the Pro Bowl

He's been quietly good enough to go for years... ironic that the worst game of his life puts him in the game. He blanketed the Ocho Stinkos and shut down the TO's and Randy Mosses, but apparently Demaryius Thomas owns him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TallyStiller
    He's been quietly good enough to go for years... ironic that the worst game of his life puts him in the game. He blanketed the Ocho Stinkos and shut down the TO's and Randy Mosses, but apparently Demaryius Thomas owns him.
    Shut down?
    Please, never say "shut down" and Ike, especially after what we just watched. Any "shutting down" he did of elite WR's Owens or Moss was strictly a product of circumstance. (I will concede that he effectively defended Ocho.) But shut down and Ike should NEVER go together ever again.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I have never seen Ike play worse than he did today.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

As poorly as he played in this game, Ike has had a PB season and definitely deserves this reward. He should have been named from day 1.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good for Ike. He deserves just as much Pouncy, Troy, Ben or just about anyone else who's arrived on the pro bowl roster. Ike's a very good corner who had a very bad game. I know other players who fit that description as well. I've been humored by all the people who have been bashing Ike and using him as the scapegoat for the loss. Ike was one of many who had underwhelming performances in that game, coaches included....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ike had a great regular season and a terrible playoff game...

Tebow had a terrible regular season, but killed the Steelers with his passing...

Bad set of circumstances for the black 'n' gold...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

agreed, Ike's a pro-bowl player, just had a tough tough day.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, dont pick on poor Ike he's been solid for years but decided to sh-t the bed against the worst ranked passer in the league
    He only signed a lucrative contract this year but give the guy a break, cant play every game like you have a clue

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete
    Yes, dont pick on poor Ike he's been solid for years but decided to sh-t the bed against the worst ranked passer in the league
    He only signed a lucrative contract this year but give the guy a break, cant play every game like you have a clue
    To bad the new contract didn't come with a new pair of hands.

btw.... how bout that pass interference call that got called LATE. It was interference but why do refs let the WR dictate whether the call is made. They didn't call it until the WR was crying.

Meanwhile, Brown gets clearly interfered with and we don't get the call.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.