Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We Just Got a Higher Draft Pick

Re: We Just Got a Higher Draft Pick

I agree with the one post from above. I think its time to trade up and get a top notch playmaker in the teens- if possible. DB or LB. Like we did with Troy.. I'd go shopping on the FA market for a Olineman.

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by TallyStiller
    No reaches for positional need with the pick, please. Too many teams get bad and stay bad by trying to fill immediate needs through the draft rather than taking good football players... A first round pick has to be a star caliber talent, period. Now that we're at 24, does that bring David DeCastro or Donta Hightower into play? Truthfully, my feelings wouldn't be terribly hurt if we looked to move up to the late teens in pursuit of one of the above by making a deal like the 2003 Troy trade with KC (1/16 for 1/27 + a 3 and a 6).
    I'd love to get DeCastro, but I don't think he's getting past Dallas at #14. Our #24 pick is worth 740 points on the trade value chart, and to leap the Cowboys, we'd need to trade up for Arizona's #13 pick worth 1150 points. That's a 410 point difference. Our second round pick is only worth 340. I'm thinking DeCastro's a pipe dream like Mike Pouncey was last year, unless he unexpectedly falls within range (one can still hope, I suppose).

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by TallyStiller
    No reaches for positional need with the pick, please. Too many teams get bad and stay bad by trying to fill immediate needs through the draft rather than taking good football players... A first round pick has to be a star caliber talent, period. Now that we're at 24, does that bring David DeCastro or Donta Hightower into play? Truthfully, my feelings wouldn't be terribly hurt if we looked to move up to the late teens in pursuit of one of the above by making a deal like the 2003 Troy trade with KC (1/16 for 1/27 + a 3 and a 6).
    I'd love to get DeCastro, but I don't think he's getting past Dallas at #14. Our #24 pick is worth 740 points on the trade value chart, and to leap the Cowboys, we'd need to trade up for Arizona's #13 pick worth 1150 points. That's a 410 point difference. Our second round pick is only worth 340. I'm thinking DeCastro's a pipe dream like Mike Pouncey was last year, unless he unexpectedly falls within range (one can still hope, I suppose).
    Don't need to trade up. We can draft Peter Konz at 24, Kevin Zeitler in the second. Konz was a guard to start with at Wisc. He is an excellent puller. Him, Zeitler, and Pouncey would form an unbelievable interior of the line. Pair them with Gilbert and Starks and we have a good OL next year that can pound it with the best of them.

Pick up a NT in the Third. James Michael-Johnson at ILB in the 4th. Would be a great draft.
    Here comes the BOOM!