Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We Just Got a Higher Draft Pick

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: We Just Got a Higher Draft Pick

Quote Originally Posted by jhansle1
    In all honesty, if we draft ANY secondary position I hope it is a FS.

We are very thin at FS. Mundy is a SS, not a FS.

Call me crazy but I don't see a huge need right now at cornerback especially in the 1st round.

Ike got a new contract
    Lewis, Curtis Brown, Cortez Allen, and Gay

That's 5 cornerbacks right there. I think we all agree that Brown and Allen showed a lot of promise. Lewis had his best year. Gay, well he's ok....

I'd rather go FS, Guard or ILB. In not particular order.

I'd also add NT to that list.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would like to see them try McFadden at FS

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo
    I don't get the sense that the FO and coaching staff is as dissatisfied with Clark as many on this forum are. I doubt that we see McFadden at CB or on the team next year. He will likely be released for the cap savings.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    I don't get the sense that the FO and coaching staff is as dissatisfied with Clark as many on this forum are. I doubt that we see McFadden at CB or on the team next year. He will likely be released for the cap savings.
    Don't get me wrong I am a fan of Clark. McFadden would be #2.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not a big Clark fan but he isn't bad, he id better than average. I would advocate we get the free safety of the future sooner rather than later to maximize the time he could play with Troy. I do not think Bmac is the solution at free safety anymore than Mundy is.

IMO FS or NT should be our first looks in the draft unless one of the top OGs is sitting there at #24. I'll be watching Mark Barron of Alabama very closely tonight.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I'm not a big Clark fan but he isn't bad, he id better than average. I would advocate we get the free safety of the future sooner rather than later to maximize the time he could play with Troy. I do not think Bmac is the solution at free safety anymore than Mundy is.

IMO FS or NT should be our first looks in the draft unless one of the top OGs is sitting there at #24. I'll be watching Mark Barron of Alabama very closely tonight.
    What some might not be factoring in is that Clark has to cover for Troy on a lot of impromptu plays. That can't be very easy without a whole lot of time together.

Legend

User Info Menu

Did anyone notice our O-line?
    Denver got to Ben with a 3 man rush all night.
    If we dont go O-line I will friggin scream.
    The rules favor offenses now, get Ben some protection next year because Kemo is a goner and he can take Starks with him.
    When I saw Robert Ayers the DE bullrush Starks and drop him on his @ss I knew it was over for him.

Starter

User Info Menu

No reaches for positional need with the pick, please. Too many teams get bad and stay bad by trying to fill immediate needs through the draft rather than taking good football players... A first round pick has to be a star caliber talent, period. Now that we're at 24, does that bring David DeCastro or Donta Hightower into play? Truthfully, my feelings wouldn't be terribly hurt if we looked to move up to the late teens in pursuit of one of the above by making a deal like the 2003 Troy trade with KC (1/16 for 1/27 + a 3 and a 6).

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete
    Did anyone notice our O-line?
    Denver got to Ben with a 3 man rush all night.
    If we dont go O-line I will friggin scream.
    The rules favor offenses now, get Ben some protection next year because Kemo is a goner and he can take Starks with him.
    When I saw Robert Ayers the DE bullrush Starks and drop him on his @ss I knew it was over for him.

We need to take a Guard and a Tackle, preferably both by the 4th round. I honestly wouldnt be upset if we took a LB, NT, G, T in the first 4 rounds
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TallyStiller
    No reaches for positional need with the pick, please. Too many teams get bad and stay bad by trying to fill immediate needs through the draft rather than taking good football players... A first round pick has to be a star caliber talent, period. Now that we're at 24, does that bring David DeCastro or Donta Hightower into play? Truthfully, my feelings wouldn't be terribly hurt if we looked to move up to the late teens in pursuit of one of the above by making a deal like the 2003 Troy trade with KC (1/16 for 1/27 + a 3 and a 6).
    i wouldnt mind moving back, maybe early 2nd, get an extra 1st for next year as well as maybe 1 or 2 more for this year. especially if we 'trim the fat' and get rid of a lot of old guys
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242