Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Props to Ben...

Hall of Famer

Re: Props to Ben...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Underthrown or not, the 52 yarder to Wallace was EASY and routine. It's ridiculous for a #1 or 2 WR to not catch that cleanly. Wasn't even getting hit. Wallace is not as good as he believes himself to be.

Ben brought the team back but that O was putrid for a good portion of the game. And the Steelers should have been kicking for the win in regulation when they got the ball back with tons of time and time outs. That last drive was pathetic. Suisham should have been lining up for a 35 yarder with no issues to win.
    the second half of the season wallace hasnt played well at all. if he expects a big contract from the steelers in the next season or so he has to be more consistent. right now i think antonio brown is a much better wr.

Underthrown or not, the 52 yarder to Wallace was EASY and routine. It's ridiculous for a #1 or 2 WR to not catch that cleanly. Wasn't even getting hit. Wallace is not as good as he believes himself to be.

Ben brought the team back but that O was putrid for a good portion of the game. And the Steelers should have been kicking for the win in regulation when they got the ball back with tons of time and time outs. That last drive was pathetic. Suisham should have been lining up for a 35 yarder with no issues to win.
    I agree he definitely should have caught it. I also agree Wallace isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is. He's showing to be pretty one dimensional and doesn't nearly fight for the ball enough it seems on underneath stuff.

That being said , he probably should have 20 TD's this year.I get so sick of Ben missing him deep.

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

the second half of the season wallace hasnt played well at all. if he expects a big contract from the steelers in the next season or so he has to be more consistent. right now i think antonio brown is a much better wr.
    As someone who had Wallace on my fantasy team, I can tell you his numbers definately tanked the second half of the season. It's sad when 'average' WRs were putting up better numbers, consistantly than Wallace. Give me a first round pick for him and I'll be thrilled.

On a side, unrelated note, Manny Sanders looked very good last night.

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

If it came down between the 2 , imo Brown is much better , more complete.The only thing we can't really measure is how much would they miss Wallaces' speed in that it opens up the underneath stuff. Still , if I had to choose only one , Brown all the way. I love the way the kid competes.

The throw to Wallace wasn't under thrown, Ben actually "threw Wallace open" 50 yards down field. He saw that Wallace had inside position on the DB and threw the ball so that it was a foot race for Wallace and the trailing DB to get to the ball. The ball was thrown to a great spot any NFL receiver needs to make that catch when your quarterback makes a play like that. I thought that was a great throw. That drop was emblematic of Wallace the second half of the season (unfortunately).

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    You could say that Ben's INT cost us the game.
    Our defense cost us this game plain and simple. We don't need to try to divert blame to the offense that put up 23 points against a very good defense. That is the typical Steelers fan response: give the defense and LeBeau a pass and dissect the offense to find blame so we can rail on Arians.

LeBeau is the one owns this loss. They talked about it all morning on Mike and Mike how there were absolutely no adjustments by LeBeau to what they were doing. Pass rush failing--no adjustment. Ike struggling--no adjustment.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    The throw to Wallace wasn't under thrown, Ben actually "threw Wallace open" 50 yards down field. He saw that Wallace had inside position on the DB and threw the ball so that it was a foot race for Wallace and the trailing DB to get to the ball. The ball was thrown to a great spot any NFL receiver needs to make that catch when your quarterback makes a play like that. I thought that was a great throw. That drop was emblematic of Wallace the second half of the season (unfortunately).

Pappy
    Wrong. Watch it again.He had a step on the corner ,like he almost always does.If Ben leads him and Wallace doesn't have to break stride , it's a score.

He may have thrown it away from the safety a bit , who was trailing a tad but he still had to almost completely stop for it ,again , like he almost always does.

Legend

Perfect throw by Ben... once again Wallace needs the ball placed perfectly to catch it. Wallace has horrible hands... it's all arms and body when he catches it and this is why half the passes are intercepted or incomplete.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy
    Wrong. Watch it again.He had a step on the corner ,like he almost always does.If Ben leads him and Wallace doesn't have to break stride , it's a score.

He may have thrown it away from the safety a bit , who was trailing a tad but he still had to almost completely stop for it ,again , like he almost always does.
    he didn't stop he had to adjust and that's part of being a WR. Wallace isn't on rails... that was a great throw and Wallace whiffed.

Pro Bowler

Anyone blaming Ben for this loss needs to check into rehab....