Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Re: game broadcast... I nearly swallowed my tongue...

  1. #1

    Re: game broadcast... I nearly swallowed my tongue...

    when Jim Nantz started talking about Bruce Arians... and pumping him up as a legitimate NFL head coaching candidate!!! My first thought was "my God, please! Could you possibly be that good to me?" My second thought was, "Please let Dallas, Oakland, or Cleveland hire him!!!" My third thought was "Isn't there a golf tournament, or some kind of sporting event that Jim Nantz has a freaking clue about that he could be covering somewhere?"

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,911

    Re: game broadcast... I nearly swallowed my tongue...

    I have no clue how Nantz/Simms are CBS's #1 crew. They are downright awful.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woooooo!
    Posts
    1,336

    Re: game broadcast... I nearly swallowed my tongue...

    Quote Originally Posted by TallyStiller
    when Jim Nantz started talking about Bruce Arians... and pumping him up as a legitimate NFL head coaching candidate!!! My first thought was "my God, please! Could you possibly be that good to me?" My second thought was, "Please let Dallas, Oakland, or Cleveland hire him!!!" My third thought was "Isn't there a golf tournament, or some kind of sporting event that Jim Nantz has a freaking clue about that he could be covering somewhere?"
    Bruce Arians will NOT be interviewed for a HC position.

  4. #4

    Re: game broadcast... I nearly swallowed my tongue...

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I have no clue how Nantz/Simms are CBS's #1 crew. They are downright awful.
    My wife (who usually doesn't pay much attention to such things) said of Simms, "Who is that guy? It's obvious he's for the Broncos."

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,607

    Re: game broadcast... I nearly swallowed my tongue...

    ....and then Simms says Mendenhall is a top 10 back. Two years ago? Yes. Now? No.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  6. #6

    Re: game broadcast... I nearly swallowed my tongue...

    Somebody stupid elsewhere in the league will pay Rashard well to run too high, dance in the hole and generally get engulfed after a 1 or 2 yard pickup, while we watch Isaac Redman hit holes aggressively and be the back we thought we were getting when we wasted a #1 on Mendenhall.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: game broadcast... I nearly swallowed my tongue...

    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I have no clue how Nantz/Simms are CBS's #1 crew. They are downright awful.
    My wife (who usually doesn't pay much attention to such things) said of Simms, "Who is that guy? It's obvious he's for the Broncos."
    haha my wife said the same things. you know its bad when the wives think the announcers are rooting against the steelers

  8. #8

    Re: game broadcast... I nearly swallowed my tongue...

    I turned off the volume in the second half. I couldn't listen to those two idiots.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler Steelgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,188

    Re: game broadcast... I nearly swallowed my tongue...

    Yep, my husband who is a Packer's fan was shocked at the idiotic duo, aka Nance and Simms. Nance was beyond upset that the backwards pass to Wallace was blown dead and couldn't be challeneged. If these are the 2 best announcers CBS has, then they'd better start hiring some new crews.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,045

    Re: game broadcast... I nearly swallowed my tongue...

    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    I have no clue how Nantz/Simms are CBS's #1 crew. They are downright awful.
    My wife (who usually doesn't pay much attention to such things) said of Simms, "Who is that guy? It's obvious he's for the Broncos."
    haha my wife said the same things. you know its bad when the wives think the announcers are rooting against the steelers
    Some wives know more about football than the husbands

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •