Thread: Mundy Forced 2 Fumbles

Legend

User Info Menu

Mundy Forced 2 Fumbles

Nice work kid. He had some big plays. Gave up some big ones too. We've desparately needed some turnovers this season. He gave us a couple.

All in all, he played better than I expected.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Mundy Forced 2 Fumbles

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Nice work kid. He had some big plays. Gave up some big ones too. We've desparately needed some turnovers this season. He gave us a couple.

All in all, he played better than I expected.
    Would have been nice if he'd made a play on that last play.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know if its been said in any of the threads since the end of the game, but I'll be the first to say it. The guys I expected to make mistakes made a few, but nothing to egregious and the guys I expected to hold down the fort allowed Tim Tebow to make them look like rookies, Ike, James Harrison and Troy Polamalu. James Harrison was sucked insidfe at least a handful of times on the option, Troy sold out the run and abandoned all deep coverage at least 3 times and Ike was just had a plain old bad day being put on the island.

It was hard to watch, but it happened and even on the last play Troy sold out completely, for what purpose? Just bad defense after the first quarter by some veteran players that should know better and I think they all didn't give Tebow enough credit for what he can do as a football player. It looked like they thought they would be able to correct anything, because he's a bad quarterback and he proved them wrong.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Tebow is a horrible QB. One reason why a decent corner should be able to man up on his recievers is because tebows mechanics are so bad that everyone knows who he is going to before he throws the ball. Slow, sloppy, wind up. The other thing is that he doesn't have all world recievers who can put devastaing moves on a corner or who has deadly speed. Teams have shown that this guy is terrible. 10 completions a week. Just pull the trigger, and he did, our guys got out of the way.

But the injuries to the d line may have caused us to help on the run a little too much. Had there been a safety playing center field, Tebow would have thrown it right to him no doubt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Denver's OC called a great game. They played Troy like a fiddle. And they really simplified things for Tebow so he had a single read and they were doing some nice things to get the 1 guy open.

I remember the last time we played the Saints and Brees was using Troy's tendencies against him on a couple big plays. I felt like Denver was doing this on half the plays.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Denver's OC called a great game. They played Troy like a fiddle. And they really simplified things for Tebow so he had a single read and they were doing some nice things to get the 1 guy open.

I remember the last time we played the Saints and Brees was using Troy's tendencies against him on a couple big plays. I felt like Denver was doing this on half the plays.
    An OC calling a great game? That's crazy talk.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

They didn't do thing different from thenpast 3 weeks. We just didnt respect his arm and for some reason Ike was looking in the backfield all night.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"