Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: thx for a great year in chat!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: thx for a great year in chat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    While there are several folks that I really enjoy chatting with (SteelGal, SASF, among others) I was almost as disgusted with the attitudes of most of the people in chat yesterday during the first half as I was with the performance of the team. There is only so much "He sucks, they suck, everybody sucks" that a person can take. I signed off chat at halftime, and enjoyed the second half much better. regardless of the ultimate outcome. I do play to rejoin the chat during the draft, since that is pretty much a positive experience for most (except for the few who still thinks that Colbert sucks in spite of never having a true 1st round bust in more than a decade with the Steelers).
    I left right before you did, towards the end of the 1st half. The game was very hard to watch and reading some of the negativity made it that much worse for me. My 13 year old was next to me reading it and asked if the people were Steeler fans because he was surprised at some of the comments.

I did go back though near the 4th quarter. Didn't post much or read along a lot, but couldn't stand not having chat open.

Hopefully I'll be able to be around during the draft chat. I don't follow college football, at all, but atleast hearing feedback from everyone else will give me a better idea of how they did.

Legend

User Info Menu

i enjoyed chat as well. Its great during games to talk with others that love the Steelers as much as I do. See you all in chat sometime soon.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Chat is like watching the Jerry Springer show. It makes you feel good about yourself

I left yesterday after we were up 6-0 and can only imagine the fun in chat yesterday. Sometimes I leave or don't participate when I have to pause the game and get behind which I was yesterday.

My phone started ringing yesterday when the game ended and I wasn't yet caught up. With as many calls as I was getting I got a bad feeling we lost before I saw the outcome.

I view chat as a place to over react to everything - good or bad, so it just ebbs and flows with how we're playing. Chat's most fun when we're winning. And I view it as funny when we're losing. But I have an odd sense of humor most times.

Thanks all for the fun.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    While there are several folks that I really enjoy chatting with (SteelGal, SASF, among others) I was almost as disgusted with the attitudes of most of the people in chat yesterday during the first half as I was with the performance of the team. There is only so much "He sucks, they suck, everybody sucks" that a person can take. I signed off chat at halftime, and enjoyed the second half much better. regardless of the ultimate outcome. I do play to rejoin the chat during the draft, since that is pretty much a positive experience for most (except for the few who still thinks that Colbert sucks in spite of never having a true 1st round bust in more than a decade with the Steelers).
    I left right before you did, towards the end of the 1st half. The game was very hard to watch and reading some of the negativity made it that much worse for me. My 13 year old was next to me reading it and asked if the people were Steeler fans because he was surprised at some of the comments.

I did go back though near the 4th quarter. Didn't post much or read along a lot, but couldn't stand not having chat open.

Hopefully I'll be able to be around during the draft chat. I don't follow college football, at all, but atleast hearing feedback from everyone else will give me a better idea of how they did.
    I left at halftime also. I logged back in after the game and it seemed pretty level headed but I can only take so much negativity. The Steelers played awful but some of the comments crossed the line.

With all that being said though, I look forward to the chat during the draft and next season. It's become a Sunday ritual.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    You mean kind of like today, Arians should go, Lebeau should get on with his life's work, Tomlin shows no passion and sucks, elevate Butler to DC and hire Todd Haley today as OC, cut Hampton, Smith, Farrior, Hoke, Kemo, Sepulveda, Ward, Mcfadden, Wallace, Mendy, Moore, Johnson, Suisham and of course, we can't forget Timmons, Worilds, Hood, and Gilbert are busts. Did I miss anything?

Pappy
    It's kinda amusing that collectively we're a bunch of over reacting knuckle draggers.

But in reality, we probably aren't individually as bummed as we collectively seem to be.

It's natural to have a "We shoulda done this" or "We should do that" thought. And on their own, they're reasonable thoughts.

But when you compile everyone's reasonable thoughts into a crap pile of negativity, it becomes overwhelming.

If we pursued our collective thoughts, we'd shut down the Steelers and start from scratch after every loss. Heck, we'd do the same after every win.

It's natural Steeler Nation mob mentality.