Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Well it's the offseason...who is the best ILB in the draft?

Re: Well it's the offseason...who is the best ILB in the dra

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    The best ILB for the draft is Vontaze Burfict and he is projected to in rds 2-3. Not a good year for ILB.
    Donta Hightower is 1st round talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel
    The best ILB for the draft is Vontaze Burfict and he is projected to in rds 2-3. Not a good year for ILB.
    Donta Hightower is 1st round talent.
    some boards agree with that, but unless he proves to be the new Kirkland i'll disagree. Dont forget Luke Kuechly too.......if he goes

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    With this loss, does anyone know where we will pick in the first round?
    I think around 24th. The Steelers are in need of immediate help at ILB and OT. I hope they can fill both either in the draft or FA.

Well if you happened to witness the Tebow TD run do not look at Farrior. You will shed a tear like the Indian chief when he sees someone littering.

I do not agree with this. There is actually 2 ILB who will grade out as first round talents and possibly three. Luke Kuechly from Boston College will probbly go in the first 15 picks with Vontaze Burfict going any where from 18-28. And then there is Donta' Hightower (see my sginature), who will go anywhere from 25-35.

Having said this, now that the Steelers are picking 24th. There will be a whole lot of talent with in reach (slight trade up).

Wr Michael Floyd Notre Dame
    OG David DeCastro Stanford

Or maybe even one who is there around 24.....WR Alshon Jeffrey 6 ft 4 S. Carolina who can go up and get them with the best of them.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Starter

i wouldnt mind trading our first to a team with an early 2nd so we could pick up some extra picks

You don't get it, do you? Forget defense, we need help on the offense. In today's NFL, defense does NOT win championships anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by drprwnap
    You don't get it, do you? Forget defense, we need help on the offense. In today's NFL, defense does NOT win championships anymore.

Some defence sure would have helped stop the Broncos from winning yesterday.

This team has plenty of playmakers on offense. What they need is better play calling to take advantage of it. The only exception would be to get an O-Lineman who can start right away.

A strong ILB to stop the run is sorely needed to allow Timmons to freelance more and focus on the pass.

Pro Bowler

I hope to GOD that we draft a stud OG to plug in next to a healthy Pouncey. Burfict is seriously overrated IMO. I think Sly takes Farrior's spot next year. Fortify the lines!!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by drprwnap
    I agree. Look at the teams remaining, sans Baltimore the defenses are nothing special and actually quite dismal in the case of NE and GB.

It's an O league now. Draft the grunts in Rds 1-4. Tired of the OL shuffle each week and eventually it will get Ben knocked out of the game for multiweek stretches.