Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The worst Steeler loss in history

Pro Bowler

Re: The worst Steeler loss in history

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Hyperbole is rampant today.
    Worst post in the history of this board....

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Hyperbole is rampant today.
    Worst post in the history of this board....

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by pick6
    The fact that you would compare Tebow, to me, a guy you don't know demonstrates how terrible a QB he really is. Stop being a cheerleader. "I bet you couldn't do any better." What are you, in the 3rd grade, grow up.

I can't buy this silver lining about this loss somehow leading to some profound change within the team. We needed Ike to play better. He and Gay were in great position a few times and instead of playing the ball they simply panicked turned their backs and prayed for the best. No need for major change. One of our best players had a horrible game. Now if Cornell Lake can get them out of this bad technique then that would be a welcome change but that's just it. Furthermore I hate hero worship. This loss sucks because the Broncos are not a good team and for me they have a QB who represents all of what I see to be wrong with pop culture. Giving great value to things that lack substance. I still can't believe we couldn't close this bum out. My team contributed to this guys mystique and it burns a little. Any given Sunday, I guess.

Bad thing for the Broncos is that they are now forced to stick with this guy for the next 2-3 years.
    You are what the scoreboard says you are, and Tebow was the winner yesterday. I am using you as a comparison to show how fans can lose themselves in what reality is. Tebow is not a great QB, but he is a world class athlete and competitor. As far as "hero worship" and what is "wrong with pop culture", Tebow is as real as it comes and he seems like a down to earth, clean living guy. I am not a religious person, but if my son wanted to pick a role model I would have no problem with him picking Tebow over 99% of the other athletes out there. I really don't see how anyone could really dislike the guy. He is humble, not all tatted out, isn't a womanizer, doesn't use profanity. Basically he is 100% opposite of what Pop Culture is today, he isn't dating a Kardashian, he didn't cheat in college he doesn't fit the protype of the Pop Culture NFL QB. I hate that he beat us, but I don't hate him.

The Title game losses to Diego, Denver, the Patsies and Neil killing us against Dallas are all tied for 1st as our worst losses as far as i'am concerned.

The two gun Clusterfooks of our Superbowl farce against the Packers and Tim the Apostle yesterday,...i was prepared for,....
    1) Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington

2) Miles Burris, LB San Diego State

3) Jordan White, WR, WMU

4) Mychal Kendricks, LB, Cal

5) Blake Gideon, F/S, Texas

6) Matt Conrath, DE, VA

7) Adam Nissley, TE, UCF

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    SD in the AFC Championship at home ('94?) is still worse.
    Yup. that is my pick
    This gets my vote, and the SB loss against Dallas is probably a close second, followed closely by the AFCCG losses to the pats* at home.