Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The worst Steeler loss in history

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: The worst Steeler loss in history

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    sacks don't matter now?

huh, learn something new every day.

a defense that gets consistent pressure will create more mistakes than a team that pads their stats with sacks but gets little QB pressure.

sacks are overrated. i'd rather have TOs and pressure leads to the mistakes that create TOs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think being down 20-17 with the ball and just over 4 minutes to play and then watching Neil O'Donell throw two picks to Larry Brown was the worst loss I have ever had to swallow as a Steeler fan.

Honestly this could turn out to be one of the best defeats the Steelers ever had. I think a one and done and to lose to the Broncos ( a team that is inept on offense), and the way they lost may force this organization to go out and correct the holes they have.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    sacks don't matter now?

a defense that gets consistent pressure will create more mistakes than a team that pads their stats with sacks but gets little QB pressure.

sacks are overrated. i'd rather have TOs and pressure leads to the mistakes that create TOs.
    I just get sick of guys like you moving the goalposts.

it sacks, no its pressure, no wait, its turnovers.

Starter

User Info Menu

"The fact that you buy into these lies that HE won 6 in a row,"

Was he the starting QB on the team? Did he play in all the games they won?

They aren't lies if they are true. If you ever played a team sport you would realize that sometimes intangables can win ball games. Leadership and confidence are some of those intangibles. Tebow played an integral role in winning many if not all of the games they won this season. Managing a game, not making critical mistakes and instilling confidence in your team could all be considered reasons why Tebow has been successful. Again you talk like he is some non athletic rummy, when in reality he would probably embarass you in any sport on any field playing right handed.

Legend

User Info Menu

if they held that as a stat

i would bet the steelrs defense is near the top of qb pressures along with sacks.

dont know how you have one but not the other. makes it sound like the only time they get pressure is when they actually get the QB down

that said, you are not going to get pressure without blitzing in this defensive scheme. its designed to have the OLBs be the pressure guys with DL setting them up. and im unimpressed with the pass rush ability our recent #1 draft pick DEs have provided

Rookie

User Info Menu

Tim Tebow made the plays he needed to in order to win the game...

Period.

In the Broncos' three previous games he did not.

Just because he didn't, it does not mean that he isn't capable of doing so.

I don't have particularly strong feelings about him (even after yesterday) but if you think he isn't a good football player, you are simply being willfully ignorant.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=Eddie Spaghetti]
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by "Eddie Spaghetti":3f7hcui6
    sacks don't matter now?

I just get sick of guys like you moving the goalposts.

it sacks, no its pressure, no wait, its turnovers.[/quote:3f7hcui6]

well pressure and sacks do create turnovers. i would have been happy with either sacks or pressure yesterday instead of NOTHING!!! i cant believe how badly the defense played. this game reminded me a lot of the 94 tragedy against the chargers just because stan humphries and tim tebow both suck yet they had huge games against a highly ranked steeler defense

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    I think being down 20-17 with the ball and just over 4 minutes to play and then watching Neil O'Donell throw two picks to Larry Brown was the worst loss I have ever had to swallow as a Steeler fan.

Honestly this could turn out to be one of the best defeats the Steelers ever had. I think a one and done and to lose to the Broncos ( a team that is inept on offense), and the way they lost may force this organization to go out and correct the holes they have.
    2 very good points. The Dallas game made me physically sick.

And you're spot on about the making the team take a good look in the mirror to make some needed changes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    "The fact that you buy into these lies that HE won 6 in a row,"

Was he the starting QB on the team? Did he play in all the games they won?

They aren't lies if they are true. If you ever played a team sport you would realize that sometimes intangables can win ball games. Leadership and confidence are some of those intangibles. Tebow played an integral role in winning many if not all of the games they won this season. Managing a game, not making critical mistakes and instilling confidence in your team could all be considered reasons why Tebow has been successful. Again you talk like he is some non athletic rummy, when in reality he would probably embarass you in any sport on any field playing right handed.
    I don't think fans are comparing themselves to athletes when they talk about how bad/average they are.

Fans are talking about Tebow compared to NFL QB's and I think you are fooling yourself if you think he is that good.

Tebow is a good football player but he is a horrible QB. We made the mistake of going all in on the run all day long. Other teams with less talent found ways to make him look pedestrian and we found a way to make him look like a HOFer.

The sad thing is if Tebow was a half decent passer he probabley completes 5 more of those passes for another 150 and another TD.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Tebow made himself look good against the Steelers...just like he made himself look bad the previous three games...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.