Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst Steeler loss in history

Starter

Re: The worst Steeler loss in history

Quote Originally Posted by pick6
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    SD in the AFC Championship at home ('94?) is still worse.
    This might be the only one but Tim Tebow cmon man this is despicable.
    tim tebow was 10 - 21 passing, thomas abused ike, that was the difference it wasnt a bad loss, very close game

Worst Steeler loss of 2012...

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler

That one still haunts me.
    I slept on the floor that night as punishment for being a fan of that team. They were unstoppable until Tim McKyer got burnt. I still have nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Worst Steeler loss of 2012...
    Technically 2012, but not this season. I still think the 1st loss to Rats was worse. If it wasn't for that, we would have had the bye and home field. they came into the game prepared and we looked like crap. they wanted it more.

Ok, what makes a loss bad, for me is measured by how inexplicable it is. When you lokk up and say what just happened to us. That team need to run the ball on us effectively to win. They didn't. This guy completes 10 fricking passes and our season is over. And this is worse because its Tebow, the poster boy for the substanceless nature of modern American pop culture. We actually allowed that guy to do that ridiculous pose. Damnit Ike.

Pro Bowler

This was the one that immediately came to mind. Beyond brutal.

Today was really bad though. There was no reason to lose to that team today. Just an insane loss to a guy who threw for 60 yards total a week ago and had a career day today. He confused the D much more than they confused him.

Legend

This is worse than 94. At least San Diego was decent on offense... We watched Tebow struggle to get past midfield the last 3 games. We had 3 weeks of film on how to beat Denver and we were abused.

I'm a Lebeau Dan but that has to be the worst choke job I have ever seen.

I hate losing, but not a bad loss considering:
    Pouncey
    Mendenhall
    Mewelde
    Aaron Smith
    Hampton
    Keisel
    Hoke
    Clark
    And Ben hobbled.

But we should have won the game in the last drive with 1:30 remaining and 2 time outs. Ben and some very questionable routes called in that drive killed it. Lebeau wanted to make Tebow beat us and he beat Taylor.

But there have been alot worse losses than this. San Diego 94, Dallas 95, Denver with Kordell, any loss to the Pats*, Jacksonville playoff game, Green Bay in last years Super Bowl, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by sd steel
    I hate losing, but not a bad loss considering:
    Pouncey
    Mendenhall
    Mewelde
    Aaron Smith
    Hampton
    Keisel
    Hoke
    Clark
    And Ben hobbled.

But we should have won the game in the last drive with 1:30 remaining and 2 time outs. Ben and some very questionable routes called in that drive killed it. Lebeau wanted to make Tebow beat us and he beat Taylor.

But there have been alot worse losses than this. San Diego 94, Dallas 95, Denver with Kordell, any loss to the Pats*, Jacksonville playoff game, Green Bay in last years Super Bowl, just to name a few.

Guys we lost to a team with no QB. He routinely completes 5-6 passes per game. And so he doubled that against us for 10 completions and we could not win. There have been other tough losses for nothing as humiliating as losing to a team with a pampered fraud at QB. Well he beat us will be the common refrain. And to that my only reply is silence. This is absolutely horrible.

ps Imagine we play a team and knock 3 of their qbs out of the game. So theyre in an emergency situation. Their 3rd string TE was pretty good in college so they give him a shot. He comes in, complete 10 passes and beats us. Can you imagine Trent difler right now, how about the Ravens coach.