Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Really no deep safety help did they hear the rules?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Really no deep safety help did they hear the rules?

Only thing that can end your season is a TD.

Really? You don't have any Saftety help deep?

Are f'ing kidding me?

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Really no deep safety help did they hear the rules?

Mundy and Troy did not have particularly good games, but I wonder how much of the last play was the defensive scheme that was called?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

An incredible fact that we had no safety even moderately deep in overtime. I hope we hear some explanation.

Starter

User Info Menu

Mundy dropped down to the LOS on the play. For some reason Ike played outside and let Thomas get inside. Not sure if it was Ike mistake or Mundy mistake.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A 74 yr old call.
    Senile at best.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Please don't try to shift the blame. Ike's man, who "he shadows all over the field" (i.e. he always covers the best WR), let his man have a FIFTY YARDS per catch game. And he let him have FOUR catches. Talk scheme all you want, but this stupid, stone handed, deluded MF'r single-handedly lost this game.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

@shoe,

I think the question is still relevant, regardless of who you want to blame. With the only way of losing is scoring a TD...why wouldn't there be any Safety deep to ensure no one gets past for a fluke TD.

You give up a 10 yard run to Tebow, you still have another play...Cover 1 that's all you need.

If you want to assess blame...there is plenty to go around everywhere. Dropped balls, bad throws, O-Line mistakes, D-Line mistakes, coverage.

Hell the only thing that was good today was our Special Teams.

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Please don't try to shift the blame. Ike's man, who "he shadows all over the field" (i.e. he always covers the best WR), let his man have a FIFTY YARDS per catch game. And he let him have FOUR catches. Talk scheme all you want, but this stupid, stone handed, deluded MF'r single-handedly lost this game.
    Our arrogant defensive coordinator lost this game for us. Scoring 23 points should have been double what we needed but we saw the same "I can't be wrong with my system," template rolled out with no adjustments to anything Denver was doing successfully.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Mundy bit down and that was all she wrote. Nice stiff arm but Ike should have made the tackle.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cover 0 is not a good defensive set for this kind of overtime.