Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Really no deep safety help did they hear the rules?

Re: Really no deep safety help did they hear the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    Mundy bit down and that was all she wrote. Nice stiff arm but Ike should have made the tackle.

Helluva way to end the season. Secondary sh!t the bed without our DB QB back there tonight. And I always professed Ike's strength to be his tackling ability. Male Genitalia LeBeau's defensive scheme depends on Ike being able to bring his man down (OR RC bailing him out) when he's left alone, giving his man a huge cushion and a "gimme" reception. FAIL!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    Mundy bit down and that was all she wrote. Nice stiff arm but Ike should have made the tackle.

Helluva way to end the season. Secondary sh!t the bed without our DB QB back there tonight. And I always professed Ike's strength to be his tackling ability. Male Genitalia LeBeau's defensive scheme depends on Ike being able to bring his man down (OR RC bailing him out) when he's left alone, giving his man a huge cushion and a "gimme" reception. FAIL!
    dick

lol

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I don't understand why we had to commit so many defenders to the run. I don't care if we are #1 or number #5 there is no reason for DB's to get burnt like that because they are peaking in the backfield
    Not only that, but McClendon, Hood and Heyward played well today. Heyward, I thought, played very good, the one handed tackle was sick.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

I wonder how much we'll ever actually really learn about that last defensive play. I didn't notice - did we try to blitz on that play? I've got to believe the chances that the coaches didn't know the rules was about zero, as they announced them at the beginning of OT. Is there going to be a Tuesday presser like in the regular season?

Ike is the biggest goat in Steeler history, going back to O'Donnell, and at least in that case there's a possibility he was throwing to a spot and the receiver broke the wrong way.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    I wonder how much we'll ever actually really learn about that last defensive play. I didn't notice - did we try to blitz on that play? I've got to believe the chances that the coaches didn't know the rules was about zero, as they announced them at the beginning of OT. Is there going to be a Tuesday presser like in the regular season?

Ike is the biggest goat in Steeler history, going back to O'Donnell, and at least in that case there's a possibility he was throwing to a spot and the receiver broke the wrong way.
    The Bronco tendency was clearly to run on 1st downs. Fox knew it, he knew we knew it too, and he exploited it intentionally. Both our safeties were down inside the box pre-snap, anticipating the run. It was described in an article in either the PG or the Trib sites.

This team believed they were playing a scrub lucky quarterback and gave no respect to over the top help.
    The Steelers allowed a guy with the passing rating prior to this game of 41 to now have a passer rating of 125.

These Steelers got out coaches at every level and Ike didn't do his homework either. Lebeau should have had Ike get help when he seen things weren't going his way . Double coverage would have helped Ike. And this defense was worrying too much about Tebows running.

The best defense could have been a better offense on the Steeler side of the ball but hey, why not continue to make a banged up Ben throw when Redman was having a field day with their defense ?

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    This team believed they were playing a scrub lucky quarterback and gave no respect to over the top help.
    The Steelers allowed a guy with the passing rating prior to this game of 41 to now have a passer rating of 125.

These Steelers got out coaches at every level and Ike didn't do his homework either. Lebeau should have had Ike get help when he seen things weren't going his way . Double coverage would have helped Ike. And this defense was worrying too much about Tebows running.

The best defense could have been a better offense on the Steeler side of the ball but hey, why not continue to make a banged up Ben throw when Redman was having a field day with their defense ?
    Outcoached big time. At what point do you realize that Ike couldn't cover that guy ? He's out there competing but it just wasn't happening. Give him some friggin safety help.

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig

This right here! The Steelers didn't believe that Tebow could make those throws. The TD on which Gay was beat and the first big play that Ike gave up were the receivers making a play and our DBs didn't. The big plays after that were simply believing that Tebow would make bad throws and he did, but he a handful of good throws and that was enough.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler

Remember last season in the playoff against the Jets - a microphone caught Rex Ryan saying "there is absolutley NO way they throw it here" and then Ben hit Miller with a pass that basically sealed the game? I think that's what happened here. The Steelers just didn't beleive they would risk throwing, certainly not on first down and had the wrong formation called.

Troy and Mundy didn't play their best but there is plenty of blame to go around. Mundy has been adequate when replacing a injured troy but he's not a FS.

It's obvious how much Clark means to this secondary both from a cerebral and physical standpoint. I'm not saying Clark is a pro bowler but he is under appreciated imo.

With that being said, we need a FS of the future. 2012 draft: FS, Guard, ILB